Update, Friday August 19th of 2011

Started by Winter, August 19, 2011, 08:35:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Ok just to be clear, what all can be submitted other than piano music?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Winter

Well, the way things are set up right now, just classical orchestras. At a later time, we may have options for more typed of groups (String Quartets...) You know. But right now, a simple Concert band, piano, and piano duets are all we accept.

Olimar12345

Ok, so Orchestral pieces and concert band pieces only?

also, what happened to "Winterkid09"?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Winter

Olimar12345

lol, i just saw the "Ninheet answers" thread.

Brassman388

Quote from: Winter on August 19, 2011, 10:00:16 PMWell, the way things are set up right now, just classical orchestras. At a later time, we may have options for more typed of groups (String Quartets...) You know. But right now, a simple Concert band, piano, and piano duets are all we accept.

I'm going to need a bit more details than this.

MaestroUGC

Quote from: Brassman388 on August 19, 2011, 10:31:03 PMI'm going to need a bit more details than this.

I am too. What exactly qualifies as a classical orchestra? I can only assume that it would be the orchestration for Beethoven's Ninth, since that is the make-up of a basic orchestra these days. Plus a tuba and an extra wind or too, and more percussion as well.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Winter

You know, I haven't even figured this out myself. If you consider it orchestral, go ahead and submit it, what really matters is whether each instrument is playable.

If need be, we will separate arrangements more specifically at a later time.

Shadoninja

we as a community probably should have discussed this in greater detail rather than suddenly implementing it.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

MaestroUGC

This is how I see the breakdowns happening:

Symphonic Orchestra: The largest orchestration group that really has no limits to the instrumention in my opinion, but will need to at least include: Strings, Winds, Brass, and Percussion.

Chamber Orchestra: At its most basic, a string orchestra with winds and a few other instruments.

Concert Band: Typical make-up of a standard concert/symphonic wind orchestra

Marching Band: Typical make-up of a standard marching band.

String Orchestra: Self-explanitory.

Ensemble: Any collection of instruments that doesn't fit any of the above.

Chamber Ensemble: Duets, Trios, Quartets, etc. Mainly a collection of soloists.

I'd be willing to create an actual guideline for instrument breakdown for each of these, if you want. We can incorporate these as they come.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Qew

waah my U.N. owen sheet was lost to technology! Aw well, next week hopefully, I'll submit a piano sheet too D:<

Ruto

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Brassman388

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2011, 11:24:40 PMI'd be willing to create an actual guideline for instrument breakdown for each of these, if you want. We can incorporate these as they come.

Be sure to be as specific as possible. An instrument list would probably work best.

Mashi

Cirno wants me to post, so:
Quote from: Qew on August 20, 2011, 12:08:53 AMwaah my U.N. owen sheet was lost to technology! Aw well, next week hopefully, I'll submit a piano sheet too D:<

Nakah