News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

Orchestral Submissions-Temporary Holding Area

Started by MaestroUGC, August 28, 2011, 12:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadoninja

Quote from: Bespinben on October 03, 2011, 09:00:26 PMThe "segno" is located at measure 6 and the "D.S al fine" is at measure 36. They're already in the .mus, but they're only text; they have no effect on the playback right now.

double click on the segno to bring up the window "text repeat assignment". keep in mind its text repeat ID at the top and make sure it's set to "Never Jump (Mark)". Now go to the D.S al Fine window and set "jump on pass(es)" to 1 and in the right corner the target should be set to text repeat ID and then the ID number that was in the segno. If you had a Fine symbol, you would set it to stop on pass: x.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Shadoninja

[NDS]Pokemon Heartgold Soulsilver - Cianwood City (String Quartet) MUS

There are some things i'm unsure of such as where to put bowings, the playablility of certain parts, and the formatting of the individual parts specifically where to put the part name.

Bespinben

Wow! This is fantastic Shadoninja! Thanks for contributing this to piece to the movement. I really like how much motion I feel in your arrangement. This could be very well be feasibly played by a string quartet  :D
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

MasterProX

Quote from: Shadoninja on October 12, 2011, 06:47:16 PM[NDS]Pokemon Heartgold Soulsilver - Cianwood City (String Quartet) MUS

There are some things i'm unsure of such as where to put bowings, the playablility of certain parts, and the formatting of the individual parts specifically where to put the part name.

...wow, this looks... super cool... but I doubt it's playable. 

From what I know about string instruments (since I play in an orchestra), playing this would be either extreeeeeemely difficult, or impossible.

Bespinben

Hmm, your impression of the arrangement's playability is a lot different than mine. I suppose your opinion is a lot more valid than mine though, since you have first-hand knowledge of the instrument. However, I'm curious as to why you think it's "extreeeeeemely difficult" - is it the 32nd notes? This is a quartet anyway, so I imagine the standard for difficulty would higher than normal.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

MasterProX

Quote from: Bespinben on October 15, 2011, 11:22:51 PMI'm curious as to why you think it's "extreeeeeemely difficult" - is it the 32nd notes?

Partially.  The 32nd notes in the Violin II part don't seem to be too hard (except at measure 20), but in the Violin I part, the notes are just way too high.  That high, high C is about the highest note I would ever try to play before giving up, lulz.  I don't think such high notes could be played at that speed.

Also, starting at measure 21, the viola part... wut.  I believe it's self-explanatory.

Other than the other quick/high notes, it looks nice.

HugoMeister

I don't see any problem with the viola part.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

MasterProX

Quote from: HugoMeister on October 15, 2011, 11:48:24 PMI don't see any problem with the viola part.

Looks very difficult to me.  Probably possible to play, but it'd take a lot of practice.  I don't know the fingerings for that, so... meh, it's somewhere between very hard and impossible.

HugoMeister

HugoMeister

Brassman388

Hey, Hugo, how do I go about getting one of those vgv bars for my sig?

HugoMeister

Brassman388

Shadoninja

[SNES]The Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse - Dark Forest (String Quartet) MUS

those double stops in the viola may be difficult. I'll eventually write in an ending but for now i'm happy with the form of it.