News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

MassiveMayhem's Arrangement - New - Melodies of Life - FFIX

Started by MassiveMayhem, September 16, 2011, 08:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MassiveMayhem

Here are my arrangements! 
New ones will be noted in purple text.
Most future arrangements will be based of requests but I will arrange songs I just feel like doing.

Final Fantasy IX
Melodies of Life ~ NEW!
MUS

Final Fantasy XIII
Blinded by Light (Battle Theme)
MUS
PDF
MIDI

In progress:

The Promised- Final Fantasy XIII
Call of Magic - Title Theme - Elderscrolls III: Morrowind
K.K. Ragtime - Animal Crossing
Hurry, Starfish - Clannad
Virbank City - Pokemon B/W2

In other news, links should be fixed whenever I'm not lazy
Arrangement Project? It's a maybe.

pumpy_heart

Hey! Nice arrangement. Well done.
If you're planning on submitting it to the site, be sure to follow the formatting guidelines found here.
Welcome to NSM. Hope you keep making arrangements. :)

spitllama

Oo better tell WiiMan you got this done! I'll fix it on the soon to be eradicated/destroyed/obliterated "Reviving the Requests" topic

Also, if you want a way to compress your files into one, check out ZIPs. It also makes it easier for Winter to upload. I don't think it's required though.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Winter

DonValentino

Quote from: Winter on September 23, 2011, 07:26:26 AMWhy is it being destroyed?

I think it's gonna be moved to an independent webpage. It could be easier to read, modify and write. I'm very happy with this!

MassiveMayhem

Quote from: pumpy_heart on September 22, 2011, 06:12:48 PMHey! Nice arrangement. Well done.
If you're planning on submitting it to the site, be sure to follow the formatting guidelines found here.
Welcome to NSM. Hope you keep making arrangements. :)
Thanks!

I'm almost done with a couple more arrangements so I will upload a few more in the future.

Shadoninja

Blinded by Light

Measures 1-8 - the right hand being in the lower ranges doesn't quite translate well to piano because it sounds a bit muddled and dissonant. I'd move it up an octave.

Measures 9-24 - there' something about that bass part that sounds off. also, the right hand notes clash with the left hand at parts. perhaps you could lower the left hand an octave and make them just octave B's.

there's a missing section in between M24-25 where the first section repeats with added instruments.

Measure 35-36 - the top D on the and of 4 seemingly ties to nothing. In M36 is that supposed to be E on beat 1?

Measure 36-40- the right hand needs 8va.

The last section is too quiet to be the end for a piece like this.

it sounds pretty good so far though.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

MassiveMayhem

I'm back! With a new arrangement!
I worked on this for a few weeks, here and there. Hope it's NSM approved. n_n

Melodies of Life
Final Fantasy IX
MUS

Criticism is more than welcome :D

NasiDe

"Melodies of Life" from Final Fantasy IX is quite literally my favorite song of all time. I checked the arrangement very briefly and I don't doubt that it has some good quality, but... I've seen that sheet music enough that I don't think that is your arrangement. If you can prove that is not the same arrangement as found in the Final Fantasy IX Piano Collections, then I will applaud you... But for now, I'm going to say it looks like you just moved it from paper to Finale.

Here is a copy of the Piano Collections sheet music too: Right here.

I don't do this as a means of harming you, but as a way to help you work on your own arranging. I had this problem when I previously worked on stuff on NinSheetMusic when I was younger and more ignorant. I hope you understand. :-\

MassiveMayhem

I have to say, this does look similar, and I'm actually happy that you'd take interest in this. I haven't looked at any of the piano collections sheet music before, or while arranging this. I can assure you I arranged this as closely as I could to the piano collections track song (literally from the CD I own). To add to that, I asked a friend of mine to help me out with it. I gave it to him and he fixed up some of what I had done. 

In all honesty, I arranged this myself, of course with the help of my friend, I'll ask him about it as soon as I can, I'm not sure if he has anything to do with this.
I understand completely where you're coming from and I thank you for the concern.  :)

MassiveMayhem

Don't mean to double post but I've taken up a somewhat personal challenge or project. For my love of the Final Fantasy series I'll be attempting to arrange most of what I love from the Final Fantasy XIII soundtrack. I'd like to replace Blinded by Light since my old version is lost forever in my reformatted hard drive. Nonetheless, I'll be whippin' up some good ones from this beautiful soundtrack, hope you guys will enjoy it.