Moose9045- Mushroom Hill Zone, First arrangement.

Started by moose9045, October 22, 2011, 04:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fingerz

Well, select the mouse tool up the top where all the notes are, highlight the measure(s) you want deleted (you can select more by clicking the first one, holding shift and clicking on the last one) and then press the delete button on your keyboard. Hope that helps! :)
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

DonValentino

Yep. I didn't forget, it's just that I've been very busy today... Have to do some stupid school projects, a lot of useless homework, bla, bla, bla...
Maybe tomorrow, sorry!  :-[

DonValentino

I'm gonna resume my review with a Pokemon battle:

- WarioMan98 used "Arrangement Review"!
- But it failed!
- "Mushroom Hill Zone arrangement" used "Wrong signature, tempo, notes and notes beat"!
- It's very effective!
- Critical Hit!
- WarioMan98 tried to use "Arrangement Review" again!
- It doesn't affect "Mushroom Hill Zone arrangement"...
- "Mushroom Hill Zone arrangement" used "I don't meet the formatting guidelines WarioMan gave me and I'm still using Megaupload"!
- KO in 1 hit!
- WarioMan98 fainted!
- Arranger Trainer switched WarioMan98.
- Go Shadoninja or some other expert arranger that can handle such disorganized arrangement!

So, yeah. Sorry Moose... A lot of things wrong, but I know it's your first arrangement. It's completely normal, don't worry... ;)
I'm letting another arranger to continue the battle...  :-X

fingerz

- Fingerz joined the battle!
- HP = over 9000.
- Fingerz uses "I'll give you a page on my site to upload your arrangements like WarioMan and spitllama so you don't have to wait" move!
- Damage unknown...
- Awaiting response!
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

DonValentino

Quote from: fingerz on October 26, 2011, 02:02:04 PM- Fingerz joined the battle!
- HP = over 9000.
- Fingerz uses "I'll give you a page on my site to upload your arrangements like WarioMan and spitllama so you don't have to wait" move!
- Damage unknown...
- Awaiting response!

- Arranger Trainer used Revive on WarioMan
- WarioMan regained health!
- WarioMan escaped his Arranger-Ball!
- WarioMan uses "Thanks fingerz for your kindness!"
- fingerz regained 1000 health points.
- WarioMan entered his Arrange-Ball himself.
- What will fingerz and Moose do now?

moose9045

Quote from: WarioMan98 on October 26, 2011, 08:29:28 AMI'm gonna resume my review with a Pokemon battle:

- WarioMan98 used "Arrangement Review"!
- But it failed!
- "Mushroom Hill Zone arrangement" used "Wrong signature, tempo, notes and notes beat"!
- It's very effective!
- Critical Hit!
- WarioMan98 tried to use "Arrangement Review" again!
- It doesn't affect "Mushroom Hill Zone arrangement"...
- "Mushroom Hill Zone arrangement" used "I don't meet the formatting guidelines WarioMan gave me and I'm still using Megaupload"!
- KO in 1 hit!
- WarioMan98 fainted!
- Arranger Trainer switched WarioMan98.
- Go Shadoninja or some other expert arranger that can handle such disorganized arrangement!

So, yeah. Sorry Moose... A lot of things wrong, but I know it's your first arrangement. It's completely normal, don't worry... ;)
I'm letting another arranger to continue the battle...  :-X

?
Wait, what?
I know you're saying there's a lot wrong with it, but I don't quite get what you're saying..the poke-ball analogy was a bit confusion. o_O

fingerz

Don't worry, I'm going to look at it for you. :)
Read my post up there and tell me if you'd like a page. I can't download files off Megaupload, and my site is SO much more convenient. ;)

moose9045

Quote from: fingerz on October 27, 2011, 03:32:24 PMDon't worry, I'm going to look at it for you. :)
Read my post up there and tell me if you'd like a page. I can't download files off Megaupload, and my site is SO much more convenient. ;)
I don't know, this may be my first(and last) arrangement. I think I'll leave it up to beasts like yourself at arranging.  ;D
I wanted to at least try it though, so after you take a look at it, could you tell me what needs fixing? Thanks bro.

fingerz

Beasts? Never thought of it that way. :P
Don't worry, I'll take a look at it on the weekend and give you feedback. If you want, fix up some things for you too. :)

DonValentino

Quote from: moose9045 on October 27, 2011, 05:23:41 PMI think I'll leave it up to beasts like yourself at arranging.  ;D

lol Have you seen my first arrangements? They're easy songs and a lot of things were wrong! You don't have to give up just because your first arrangement is not perfect. I mean... you need practice, and you won't do a first arrangement perfectly (unless you're Mozart's reincarnation, which I doubt). C'mon, I wanna see more works of yours, Moose!  :)

EDIT: Take a look at this. This is the first arrangement I did in my entire life! It's just four measures that repeat forever!  :P
Maybe you chose a difficult song like "Mushroom Hill" to arrange first. I would recommend you to start with short, easy songs. Wario Land 1, 2 and some from 3 are a good choice to start, among others of course.

moose9045

Quote from: WarioMan98 on October 28, 2011, 09:04:17 AMlol Have you seen my first arrangements? They're easy songs and a lot of things were wrong! You don't have to give up just because your first arrangement is not perfect. I mean... you need practice, and you won't do a first arrangement perfectly (unless you're Mozart's reincarnation, which I doubt). C'mon, I wanna see more works of yours, Moose!  :)

EDIT: Take a look at this. This is the first arrangement I did in my entire life! It's just four measures that repeat forever!  :P
Maybe you chose a difficult song like "Mushroom Hill" to arrange first. I would recommend you to start with short, easy songs. Wario Land 1, 2 and some from 3 are a good choice to start, among others of course.
Yeah, Mushroom Hill was pretty difficult. Especially the part where the bassline drops into that weird place where you can barely hear it..I'm pretty sure I messed that part up.  :'(
I don't know why I tried to arrange it, just couldn't find any piano sheet music anywhere lol.

Shadoninja

Quote from: moose9045 on October 27, 2011, 05:23:41 PMI don't know, this may be my first(and last) arrangement. I think I'll leave it up to beasts like yourself at arranging.  ;D
I wanted to at least try it though, so after you take a look at it, could you tell me what needs fixing? Thanks bro.
never give up! trust your instincts!
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Bespinben

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

fingerz

Quote from: moose9045 on October 28, 2011, 02:21:58 PMYeah, Mushroom Hill was pretty difficult. Especially the part where the bassline drops into that weird place where you can barely hear it..I'm pretty sure I messed that part up.  :'(
I don't know why I tried to arrange it, just couldn't find any piano sheet music anywhere lol.
Sorry, moose! I didn't have any time to download it this weekend, but I will next weekend. XD

I do have some advise for you before I get my hands dirty on that arrangement of yours:
Do you use Audacity? If not, GET IT! It's one of the best music editing software, as it can do everything from boost the bass to slow everything down. You can start and stop the track with a press of the spacebar, so it's very convenient, and you can start it from any part of the song. This is what I use and it's so much better than just listening to it on YouTube. Just download the song as an mp3 and import it into Audacity. :)
By the way, building up an accurate musical ear takes time. If you want to improve your arrangement, just work on a couple of bars every day, listening to them over and over until you can remember how it goes in your head. Then, transpose that from your head to the computer and check the accuracy of the notes with the actual song. I always start with the bass, that way if it clashes with the right-hand I know it's wrong. Good luck moose and don't give up! :D

moose9045

Quote from: fingerz on October 30, 2011, 02:35:08 PMSorry, moose! I didn't have any time to download it this weekend, but I will next weekend. XD

I do have some advise for you before I get my hands dirty on that arrangement of yours:
Do you use Audacity? If not, GET IT! It's one of the best music editing software, as it can do everything from boost the bass to slow everything down. You can start and stop the track with a press of the spacebar, so it's very convenient, and you can start it from any part of the song. This is what I use and it's so much better than just listening to it on YouTube. Just download the song as an mp3 and import it into Audacity. :)
By the way, building up an accurate musical ear takes time. If you want to improve your arrangement, just work on a couple of bars every day, listening to them over and over until you can remember how it goes in your head. Then, transpose that from your head to the computer and check the accuracy of the notes with the actual song. I always start with the bass, that way if it clashes with the right-hand I know it's wrong. Good luck moose and don't give up! :D
Haha man, thanks for the link.