Subscribe to our Twitch Channel!

Main Menu

Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

BonusPwnage

I think (or rather, hope) I speak for everyone when I say that the level of emphasis on this strange girl is a bit extreme. Jompa, I don't think anyone is disregarding the seriousness of your situation, nor are they telling you what you're feeling for you. Everyone is just simply saying that the amount of influence this girl has on your life is what's negative, not the fact that you like her or hate her. The best course of action you could take is make an attempt to ignore her, or just put her down. If what you've been saying is true (all up to the fact that she's been stalking you) then feelings shouldn't be spared. No one is doubting you, Jompa, but the way you've been reacting to your situation is somewhat unexpected.

Jompa

But she's absolutely insane!!
I believe I have full rights to emphasize as much as I want. Doesn't need to mean anything from my part, but in this case I do it because I hate her, because she's fucking nuts.

In other news...
She has been texting me at least four times every day during easter break, and I haven't replied to any of them..
..but she just keeps texting me..
She's basically just having a conversation with herself.
^Now, to my point:
Can anyone help me come up with an excuse why I "haven't seen" any of these messages?  ???
Birdo for Smash

Mashi

I don't know how people are rallying around the idea that Jompa has secret feelings for this person, to be honest.  Freud has been dead for about a century now, we're beyond his frivolous ideas.  Generally, if someone abhors another with this type of passion, he/she isn't trying to repress an emotion.  If Jompa really loved this girl, why would he be restraining his feelings for her?  It's not logical and I think it's rather conspicuous that he's extremely distasteful of her.

I think you should just tell her that she's negatively affecting your life and causing you distress.  And then proceed to telling her you would like her to stop being a nuisance (and don't try to sugarcoat things either.  Don't be cruel, but just tell her how you feel without seeming harsh).  And if she doesn't concede to your actions, you may have to take some sort of actions (whether it be informing the school principle, speaking to her parents, etc).  Don't make up excuses for the text messages, be honest and stern.  If she doesn't have a clue when you tell her things directly, she won't be any more dissuaded if you make excuses, I would imagine.

FSM-Reapr

Jompa, just be a man and tell her that you don't want any kind of relationship with her, instead of making excuses. I think you just like the fact that somebody's fancying you. Otherwise you would have made it clear to her that you're not into her.

plus i'm sick of you whining about her

Jompa

You guys are really smart, and I do realize that coming up with an excuse for the texts is a bad idea, but guys, I told her already!
It's not that she doesn't take a hint, it's more like she refuses to give up. And it's no good trying to be psychological about this girl, because she's crazy.
Quote from: FSM-Reapr on March 30, 2013, 08:10:04 AMI think you just like the fact that somebody's fancying you. Otherwise you would have made it clear to her that you're not into her.
in other words, this^ isn't really right
Birdo for Smash

Mashi

Then I suggest taking more initiative and contacting some form of authority.  If you can't do anything about it, you'll have to be sterner about it.

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Mashi on March 30, 2013, 08:32:23 AMThen I suggest taking more initiative and contacting some form of authority.  If you can't do anything about it, you'll have to be sterner about it.

Listen to Mashi, you'll live longer.  Jompa, everything he's said is right.  Be honest, be firm.  Rinse and repeat if needed.

FSM-Reapr

Yah, I'm pretty sure that counts as harassing.

ninja'd

Jub3r7

In homestuck, hate is a type of romance. just saying
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Jompa

Look, she's no problem right now, as I sit here with my computer ignoring her texts, so it's not like I'm gonna do anything now,
but there will soon be a day where all this craziness resumes, and when that day comes; I'll do whatever necessary to make her stay away from me.

Quote from: Jub3r7 on March 30, 2013, 08:41:44 AMIn homestuck, hate is a type of romance. just saying
I still hate her
Birdo for Smash

Nebbles

This isn't homestuck, though. Jompa's situation is real and we should handle it like it's an actual problem.

Have you tried calling your service provider and blocking her number? (if that's possible...)
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Jompa

Quote from: Nebbles on March 30, 2013, 08:44:54 AMHave you tried calling your service provider and blocking her number? (if that's possible...)
I don't think I'm quite there yet(?) - I mean, I don't feel like these text she's been sending me this week is the main problem. They are a cheap price to pay for being free from her for a week.

But in speculation: if I did that, and purposely made her find out, that could might be a way to make her go away.

well, idk, I'll deal with this when she becomes a problem again. And I'll just ignore the texts, until tuesday.
Birdo for Smash

Ruto

How did she get your number? xD

A bit unrelated, but back when one of my sisters were in middle school, this punk kid who liked her got our number (it was a landline) and kept calling for some weeks. We got the dean involved and he didn't call anymore. Text messages aren't really the same thing though so I think you'd just have to tell her no. Or fake a relationship with another girl or guy who's willing to help you out.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Jompa

Quote from: Jompa on February 14, 2013, 08:48:18 AMAnd all of this just because I helped her find her phone, the first day of school. After that she's obviously been in love with me.. D: Guh...
^Well, right after this, she asked for my number, so I gave it to her, unknowing of what where to come..
Birdo for Smash