News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceDeity

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on February 04, 2014, 03:31:23 PMHow to get rid of feelings for another person? Quickest way to do that is to find someone new, I've found. They basically replace the last person.

This. Works wonders.

mikey

unmotivated

MaestroUGC

Fall in love with your work then.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 04, 2014, 06:05:55 PMExcept I don't want ANYBODY.
Well, you could always become cold and emotionless like me...

If you really really don't want anybody, I guess you'll just have to "convince" yourself of that: overcome your emotions, so-to-say (I don't know how else to describe this).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bubbles

Yeah, what SFK said.

Though there is another important thing: are you already friends with the girl, or do you just kinda watch her/say one or two words to her once in a while? Be honest with yourself; if you barely even talk then you should probably get there first

Update on my Cotillion stuff: I've had the guys number for like a week or two now and I haven't even texted him. I'm hoping for either someone else or meeting him first, since getting a random message saying "Hey you don't know me but my friend's friends saw you and thought you were tall and cute and do you want to go to my school's dance with me" is a pretty awkward and obvious last resort

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bubbles on February 04, 2014, 06:58:30 PMUpdate on my Cotillion stuff: I've had the guys number for like a week or two now and I haven't even texted him. I'm hoping for either someone else or meeting him first, since getting a random message saying "Hey you don't know me but my friend's friends saw you and thought you were tall and cute and do you want to go to my school's dance with me" is a pretty awkward and obvious last resort
Try to arrange a meeting before then, if possible!... so you can decide if you need to find somebody else... :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 04, 2014, 04:33:28 PMI mean there's this person who I think is really awesome but I just want to be friends and not have a crush on her.

Ain't gonna happen unless you start messing with biochemistry :P

me irl
[close]

FireArrow

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 04, 2014, 04:33:28 PMI mean there's this person who I think is really awesome but I just want to be friends and not have a crush on her.

As a gay person, story of my life. I just try to "friend zone" all of my friends to avoid any awkward emotions. In short, make sure the friendship comes before you have any chance to develop emotions for the person, then the concept of a relationship with said person will seem really weird (you can't completely make yourself not feel anything.) If you already have a crush on her, then the only way you can alleviate that is by being open with her. If she knows your not interested in a relationship than your feeling be easy to accept and deal with.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FireArrow on February 05, 2014, 07:41:43 PM(you can't completely make yourself not feel anything.)
Um...

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Ruto

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 04, 2014, 03:19:17 PMJust something random I guess it applies but how do you get rid of crushes?

I really thought you meant you wanted someone killed.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

FierceDeity

Quote from: Ruto on February 05, 2014, 08:59:37 PMI really thought you meant you wanted someone killed.

literally crush them for the sake of the pun

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SuperFireKirby

Fuck my luck. First I meet a nice girl, she has a boyfriend. Then I meet a super awesome girl, she has a fiance. Then I meet a girl who looks like Ramona Flowers and is also pretty dang cool, and married. Meanwhile, the only girls interested in me I either don't find appealing or just want to have sex with me, which I also find unappealing. I absolutely hate the idea of casual sex.

I thought I'd have someone significant in my life by this point, or at least at some point HAD someone significant. But it's been nothing missed opportunities and disastrous relationships. And when I finally met someone I truly cared for, someone that gave my life new purpose and made me want to actually be somebody, my heart got kicked in ass.

I am so fucking lonely.[/bipolardepressionrant]

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

spitllama

We're at that age now SFK. The age where friends have serious girlfriends and everyone we're interested in is already at that point too. Hanging out with old friends becomes less frequent between classes, said girlfriend, and jobs. Before you know it you need to find someone to date to not feel lonely. Then engagements, then you feel behind the curve again... etc etc.

Not sure what the point of that was, but my school has a "ring by spring" tendency so all of my friends are getting engaged ;_;
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

DrP

I've stopped even caring about a relationship. I've wanted one throughout college (and nothing happened -- and the only one was a "kind of" relationship for 3 months in high school) and I am coming to a realization that I should have one. I mean, expenses are cut in half and you can do fun things together (in my case, I want a traveling buddy).

Especially now, since I am now in the working world and with a bunch of people at different stages in their life, relationships are hard to find... and even more especially since I am busy all the time. But, there is always hope and you guys still have a year or two left of college and anything can happen.

Or there is always that chance that if you move someplace new, things can happen.

And worst part is I fall for so many girls and there is always that friend-zone wall or some other metaphor that stops me one step to the end.

So, just hang in there. Things happen for a reason and surely you'll find someone

Worst part is now if I want to get married, I need to start looking at marriage criteria, not just girlfriend criteria.