Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Quote from: Ruto on April 08, 2014, 06:56:23 PMOut of curiosity, when is the right time to ask someone if they're single?
That's a pickup line
unmotivated

braix

Quote from: Ruto on April 08, 2014, 06:56:23 PMOut of curiosity, when is the right time to ask someone if they're single?
Don't. Just ask them out and tell them that if they're already taken, they'd better break up.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

FierceDeity

Who asks nowadays, this is what Facebook stalking is for ;)

Quote from: zoroark1264 on April 08, 2014, 06:59:01 PMDon't. Just ask them out and tell them that if they're already taken, they'd better break up.

Zoroark: tapping ass and forgetting names since 2001.

KefkaticFanatic

I haven't thought of asking that question to be a necessity, since I've always gotten to know someone to a point where I would know that fact before I would seriously consider anything else.  I suppose there are those guys that just try to pick up girls wherever, but given that that's their line of thinking it probably doesn't matter at all when/if they ask ._.

me irl
[close]

Ruto

Ohh...I only reluctantly add people on Facebook. Some people really like to hide those facts xD I guess that's not such a good thing to do now ._.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

SuperFireKirby

I think if you just ask someone out or show general interest, they'll usually tell you they're taken unless they're not happy with their relationship or they're a not-nice person.

I dunno, I just watched Office Space again, and I'm feeling really 'don't give a fuck' now. I just might ask cute YMCA girl if she wants to have lunch next time I see her, cuz why not? Like, I just realized I'm at that age where going for a cup of coffee or lunch are now stuff I can do.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Roz~

She's gonna say yes 'cause you're awsmsauce. Also lunch and coffee are fun. Doing stuff with someone and not for someone helps with the friendzone problem apparently.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Ruto

Yeah, what's the worst that can happen? xD There aren't that many sane people in Florida from what I've heard :P She's missing out!

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

DrP

It's really nice when people say yes to coffee or lunch because everyone is busy and I have no social life outside of work at the moment... It'll change in like 8 months, but until then... nothing

SuperFireKirby

So, cute ymca girl has a boyfriend. Wonderful...

back to the drawing board...

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

braix

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on April 10, 2014, 05:43:12 PMSo, cute ymca girl has a boyfriend. Wonderful...

back to the drawing board...
Quote from: zoroark1264 on April 08, 2014, 06:59:01 PM...tell them that if they're already taken, they'd better break up.

Hint hint
Never mind, that's a bad idea. xD
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Zunawe

Quote from: Zunawe on April 13, 2014, 02:58:45 PMI had to give up a friend last Wednesday because she didn't want to jeopardize her relationship, and I've been feeling terrible since then.

It's kinda a long story. We met in the pit orchestra for Sweeney Todd; after that ended, I got her phone number. She told me she wanted to be careful about texting guys because her boyfriend got jealous, so I was careful about letting her start the conversations. That basically got thrown out the window, and I gave up trying to help. Over spring break we both sent each other in excess of 150 messages a day. Her boyfriend got upset when she told him, as you could imagine, so we decided not to talk over the phone.

After a few days, she asked me for math tutoring, so I agreed, and helped her for a few days. One morning, her boyfriend apparently came looking for her, saw her talking to me, and got really mad about it. I don't know what he said to her or what she said to him, but she ended up telling me that I couldn't be in her life at all anymore, and I'm just really depressed.

Yes, I liked her. Yes, I told her. I also told her that I didn't expect anything at all from her. She also flat out said that she would have gone out with me if she didn't have a boyfriend, and was pretty blatant in general about liking me back as much as she would let herself.

So there's my "My Life Sucks" story... I feel stuck... Maybe saying something will help.
Nope, can't do it. Every single thing I do, every other thing somebody else says, and I could just snap right there. I'm stuck between what I want for myself and what I want for her, and I can't think anymore. She's not going to break up with her boyfriend. But I'm terrified to completely accept the not only possible, but probable outcome that I never talk to her again. And I see her every other day. I feel like exploding.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

FierceDeity

Ok, so uh, wow. Everything changed for the better last night.

So, things with that girl I talked about last have still been pretty unclear, but it seems to me that signs point to "trying to let me down easy". I actually no longer care about that though, because...

One night, my friends and I were slightly inebriated, and they convinced me to get a Tinder profile. So I'm like, sure, why not. And even though I got a decent amount of matches, I didn't really do anything on it other than mess around for a while. I wasn't taking it seriously, because it usually ends up being more of a casual hookup app, and I don't really want that; if I did, I've had plenty enough opportunities this semester, anyways...

But then last night I matched with this absurdly cute girl. Her main picture is of her on the iron throne from GoT, and two more are of her in a tardis dress. Off to a great start. I start talking to her, say the amount of TV references in her pictures is impressive, she says thanks, the amount of attractive pictures in yours is impressive, too.
Oh shit, it's on. It is so on.

So we hit it off, talked until like 4 am, and this whole situation just started seeming more and more awesome:
1. She has an awesome sense of humor.
2. She literally brought up Twitch Plays Pokemon without me saying anything to warrant it.
3. HOLY SHIT WAIT SHE LIVES IN MY BUILDING

That last one kind of blew my mind. Like, I've lived in the same dorm as this awesome person for over 6 months, and I haven't even known. And to think I was so worried about things with this other girl who I don't have nearly as much chemistry with. Tinder, I'm sorry I ever doubted you.

Anyways, texting her, it already feels infinitely more like a relationship than with anyone else I've met at college, and we haven't even met up in real life yet (she's out of town for the weekend, urghhh). Once she's back and we're both free, though...goddamn, I am excited.

mikey

Quote from: FierceDeity on April 18, 2014, 01:09:59 PMOk, so uh, wow. Everything changed for the better last night.

So, things with that girl I talked about last have still been pretty unclear, but it seems to me that signs point to "trying to let me down easy". I actually no longer care about that though, because...

One night, my friends and I were slightly inebriated, and they convinced me to get a Tinder profile. So I'm like, sure, why not. And even though I got a decent amount of matches, I didn't really do anything on it other than mess around for a while. I wasn't taking it seriously, because it usually ends up being more of a casual hookup app, and I don't really want that; if I did, I've had plenty enough opportunities this semester, anyways...

But then last night I matched with this absurdly cute girl. Her main picture is of her on the iron throne from GoT, and two more are of her in a tardis dress. Off to a great start. I start talking to her, say the amount of TV references in her pictures is impressive, she says thanks, the amount of attractive pictures in yours is impressive, too.
Oh shit, it's on. It is so on.

So we hit it off, talked until like 4 am, and this whole situation just started seeming more and more awesome:
1. She has an awesome sense of humor.
2. She literally brought up Twitch Plays Pokemon without me saying anything to warrant it.
3. HOLY SHIT WAIT SHE LIVES IN MY BUILDING

That last one kind of blew my mind. Like, I've lived in the same dorm as this awesome person for over 6 months, and I haven't even known. And to think I was so worried about things with this other girl who I don't have nearly as much chemistry with. Tinder, I'm sorry I ever doubted you.

Anyways, texting her, it already feels infinitely more like a relationship than with anyone else I've met at college, and we haven't even met up in real life yet (she's out of town for the weekend, urghhh). Once she's back and we're both free, though...goddamn, I am excited.
That sounds...
either creepy or extremely fortunate.
unmotivated

FierceDeity

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 18, 2014, 01:16:43 PMThat sounds...
either creepy or extremely fortunate.

how would you even come to that conclusion, it's the second one