News:

Subscribe to our Twitch Channel!

Main Menu

Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Saria on March 02, 2015, 08:28:39 AMMy manhunk is so cute. I like to look at him during class. It's distracting. Should I mutilate his face so I could focus in class.
No! If they find out, you will go to prison! :o Of course, that would solve the distraction problem...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

"This is how I played it growing up!"
"WHERE DID YOU GROW UP?!?"
"In prison."
unmotivated

Nebbles

So if things move along nicely with cute guy friend I'm gonna need to know some stuff.

a. how do i tell when someone is flirting
b. how do i flirt
c. how do i not look stupid when flirting
d. how do i pick up signs if he's interested in me
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

MaestroUGC

A) Innuendo, generally speaking.
B) Physical contact usually does the trick for most guys. They're not wired to handle subtlety.
C) Not possible.
D) He keeps engaging with you in anything.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

mikey

"Sending signals is like flirting- it happens naturally, but once you start thinking about it, it becomes impossible."
Don't remember who said that but I'm sure the opposite is also true (flirting is like sending signals)
So if you wanna get good at flirting, play MTG
unmotivated

Nebbles

So basically play it cool even though there's a good chance I can turn into a nervous idiot, got it.

MaestroUGC

Quote from: Nebbles on March 02, 2015, 01:17:36 PMSo basically play it cool even though there's a good chance I can turn into a nervous idiot, got it.
Welcome to the wonderful world of dating.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Nebbles

Rats. Well I get to date a cute boy if things work out, so I guess it can't be that bad, huh?

Jub3r7

Quote from: Nebbles on March 02, 2015, 01:24:50 PMRats. Well I get to date a cute boy if things work out, so I guess it can't be that bad, huh?
then you break up with him but you want to stay friends because they're really cool and they were your best friend before you started dating. so you both make slight efforts to hang out after that, but one of you has a really busy schedule and slight efforts aren't enough. So even though you consider yourselves "friends" after the break-up, you've only ever been to her house after that in order to take care of her cats/turtle while she's out on vacation. she made a drawing for you and posted it on facebook, that was nice. but whenever you suggest hanging out or delivering a birthday present, she's either not home or she forgets about it the next day. A month later, you realize the cookies you were going to give her to reestablish your friendship are slightly expired, so you share it with your brother who is visiting from another country. they taste good.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Nebbles

that's not good advice 0/10 try again

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

the_last_sheikah

Oh dear, Nebbles, had I known you needed such help.  Here we go.
Quote from: Nebbles on March 02, 2015, 12:59:11 PMa. how do i tell when someone is flirting
b. how do i flirt
c. how do i not look stupid when flirting
d. how do i pick up signs if he's interested in me

An answer isn't cut and dry, but for the most part:
   a) Body language and speech patterns.  Are they speaking in ways considered atypical from their normal?  Are they more complimentary? Less?  Could what they are saying have other intentions(see b)?  Do they keep eye contact when talking to you?  Do they try to get close to you(in a non-creepy way)? Do they shy away?  Pay attention for light perspiration and flushed complexion.

b) Answer me this: what is the objective of flirting?  To display/imply/make known your intentions either subtly or not.  If the goal is sex, innuendo and physical contact are ideal options as Maestro said.  If the goal is a steady relationship or if you are unsure of yourself, compliments and cuteness(batting eyelashes, light giggling) can go a long way.

c)Wrong question to ask.  'How do I not embarrass myself while flirting?' is a better one.  Know your comfort zone.  If you think you would be uncomfortable doing something, then find something similar that you are comfortable with.  Be yourself, I know that phase has been beaten to death, but it's true and more often than not, it works.

d)See answer to a.  If they appear to reciprocate your actions/compliments/etc., they are most likely interested.  If you are confident enough and think you're both ready, you can just ask. ::)

Flirting is weird.  It's all about taking chances, trying to find out what works, like a strange game of mao.  As I said before, be yourself, you'll be fine.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

mikey

sheikah no!  You can't make it so complicated!
unmotivated

the_last_sheikah

Relationships are complicated!
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Nebbles

Why thank you, Sheikah! :D We're hanging out again soon, so I figured I should try to look for these things, if anything...