News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Arr. contest 2 - The grand dance! SCORES UP!

Started by Cobraroll, February 11, 2012, 02:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is your favourite?

"Curly Swing" by Insaneintherain
3 (15.8%)
"Mad Monster Waltz" by Clanker37
0 (0%)
"Oceanic Museum Waltz" by Dahans
9 (47.4%)
"Mushroom Kingdom Folk Waltz" by MaestroUGC
1 (5.3%)
"Waltz on the Rails" by Olimar12345
5 (26.3%)
"Fairy Fountain Waltz" by Bespinben
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

EFitTrainr

I like food.

MaestroUGC

Send me a PM of what you intend to arrange.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

dahans

Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

K-NiGhT

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Olimar12345

Pm maestro a youtube link of the song you want to do and you're in.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

Here are the players:
Clanker37
Olimar12345
Brassman388
SlowPokemon
insaneintherain
K-NiGhT
Dahans
MaestroUGC

Don't worry, Olimar will take my place while judgring my piece. I think we have enough people to get this started. If all of the jugrors and players sign in, we can start on:

February 25, 2012
Ending: March 17, 2012

If you have any issues or questions, now is the time to voice them. The exact starting time will be posted once everydoby signs in. I'm going to trust you all haven't been working on your arrangements and will play fair. There is still time to sign up.

insaneintherain

By signing in do you mean sending you the PM of the song choice and stuff?

MaestroUGC

No, I mean posting to make sure you are ready to play, for instance In.

insaneintherain

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Cobraroll

Glad to see so many people want to participate.

I've heard concerns over "copyright" claims, though: without a name on the sheet, anyone, for instance somebody off-site, can grab it and say they made it. I've thought about this and devised some sort of solution, but I want to hear your ideas before pushing it through.

My idea was to give out an ID number to all the participants. This number would only be known by the participant and myself, and be put in the arranger's field in the submission. This doesn't prevent anybody from changing the field to display their name, but would provide some backing for claims of origin.

Any thoughts/ideas? Is this a problem at all? If yes, can we do something better about it? Please let me know if you think so.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

insaneintherain

Quote from: Cobraroll on February 20, 2012, 11:31:24 AMGlad to see so many people want to participate.

I've heard concerns over "copyright" claims, though: without a name on the sheet, anyone, for instance somebody off-site, can grab it and say they made it. I've thought about this and devised some sort of solution, but I want to hear your ideas before pushing it through.

My idea was to give out an ID number to all the participants. This number would only be known by the participant and myself, and be put in the arranger's field in the submission. This doesn't prevent anybody from changing the field to display their name, but would provide some backing for claims of origin.

Any thoughts/ideas? Is this a problem at all? If yes, can we do something better about it? Please let me know if you think so.
Sounds like a good idea. I wouldn't want my work to get stolen. Random number generator anyone? XD

I can't imagine anyone who would do that! That's just... stupid. Don't steal other people's work. I'm not even in this for the prize. Heck, I don't care if I win. It's just a really fun and good experience.

You know what we should do? Live judging! Like get a private chatroom with the judgrors and the competitors, mute the competitors, have the judges talk it over live, and the reach a verdict. Time zones would be an issue, though. =P

MaestroUGC

Yeah, let's go with the ID's. Live judgring would be too much of a hassle because we all have different schedules, plus time zones and just trying to find a date where we can chat long enough to go over the pieces, at best we can do acouple in a single sitting, but most likely we would need to get together a few times to get through all 8 arrangements. If we do them on our own, we get the added bonus of personal impression as oppossed to a group concensus.

insaneintherain

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 20, 2012, 11:44:12 AMYeah, let's go with the ID's. Live judgring would be too much of a hassle because we all have different schedules, plus time zones and just trying to find a date where we can chat long enough to go over the pieces, at best we can do acouple in a single sitting, but most likely we would need to get together a few times to get through all 8 arrangements. If we do them on our own, we get the added bonus of personal impression as oppossed to a group concensus.
...I thought of that. Okay. Yeah, it would be a big hassle and stuff. XP