Arr. contest 2 - The grand dance! SCORES UP!

Started by Cobraroll, February 11, 2012, 02:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is your favourite?

"Curly Swing" by Insaneintherain
3 (15.8%)
"Mad Monster Waltz" by Clanker37
0 (0%)
"Oceanic Museum Waltz" by Dahans
9 (47.4%)
"Mushroom Kingdom Folk Waltz" by MaestroUGC
1 (5.3%)
"Waltz on the Rails" by Olimar12345
5 (26.3%)
"Fairy Fountain Waltz" by Bespinben
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Olimar12345

Well, lets do the math. raymondbl, slow and myself have judged, which means Dudeman and Maestro need to hurry up!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

insaneintherain

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 20, 2012, 08:01:43 PMWell, lets do the math. raymondbl, slow and myself have judged, which means Dudeman and Maestro need to hurry up!
Let's hope they finish pretty soon. *cough*dude*cough*

Jub3r7

Dude and dudeman are completely different people!
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

insaneintherain

Cobraroll

I've got in three sets of judgrements. That means that only Dudeman hasn't handed in yet. And we have to let the poll run for a few days as well.

Patience, people!
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

MaestroUGC

*tick* *tock* *tick* *tock* *tick* *tock* *tick* *tock* *tick* *tock* *tick* *tock* *tick* *tock* *tick* *tock*
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

insaneintherain

Quote from: MaestroUGC on March 24, 2012, 04:42:03 PM*tick* *tock* *tick* *tock* *tick* *tock* *tick* *tock* *tick* *tock* *tick* *tock* *tick* *tock* *tick* *tock*
My thoughts exactly.

MaestroUGC

If we are only waiting for one person, can we get a cut-off date so we can find out the scores?
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Cobraroll

What about April 1st?

I got a PM a couple of days ago indicating that judgring was in the works.

After receiving them, I'll have to figure out what to do with all the numbers I've received from the judgrors. Averages by category seems like a neat way of doing it. I can't just sum all the points from the judgrors, seeing as a couple of them have sheets of their own in there, so some sheets are only rated thrice. The ski-jumping solution of slashing the highest and lowest scores would be no good either.

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Olimar12345

...but is it really going to take another week just to do that?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Cobraroll

Okay, all judgrors have handed in. We'll see for how long I'll let the poll run. If you haven't voted yet, do it!

I'm kinda stuck with school work today, but have high hopes of getting some spare time tomorrow. Will do the data mining and Excel work then. When I've arrived at a conclusion, it'll be posted. Sounds good?

fingerz

I wish I had the time to enter contests like this! Sadly, getting the highest ATAR score requires maximum study time. XD

Well, I had three songs that I listened to last night that really stood out. They were all really good, but one shone above the rest.

#3 - Waltz on the Rails
I jolly-well know who did this, despite your efforts to cover up the arrangers. By far, this is my favourite song from Spirit Tracks and this waltz was very well done. I thought the effect of the strings was great, but you could've given the piece a bit more 'oomph' with the use of other instruments of different classes. Overall, the piece was brilliant! Well done!

#2 - Mushroom Kingdom Folk Waltz
I've never played this game before, but after listening to this I want to play it! I know who arranged this one too. WELL, I'm amazed by the sheer amount of instruments used and the sheer amount of bars (600+). The variations throughout the piece give it lovely colour and contrast, and the melodies and harmonies were just beautiful. I would, however, like to criticise the length of the piece. I must admit, by the time I reached the 25th page, I was wondering when it was going to finish!!! Still, very well done! You would've gotten my vote if not for the next arrangement. :P

#1 - Oceanic Museum Waltz
I love this song. The original uses piano and a little bit of strings; you've captured the mood so well! I think the blend of instruments and the piano just make the piece sing!! The piano is by far the cream on the top! The little melodies you've added make it sound divine and the fact that the piano still has its solo moments is just perfect. The major to minor was very effective, I must say, and is an excellent way to keep your audience captured. AMAZING JOB!! :D
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Raymondbl

that's exactly the order I would've put them, and most of the comments are the same.
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: fingerz on March 26, 2012, 01:56:12 PMI wish I had the time to enter contests like this! Sadly, getting the highest ATAR score requires maximum study time. XD

Well, I had three songs that I listened to last night that really stood out. They were all really good, but one shone above the rest.

#3 - Waltz on the Rails
I jolly-well know who did this, despite your efforts to cover up the arrangers. By far, this is my favourite song from Spirit Tracks and this waltz was very well done. I thought the effect of the strings was great, but you could've given the piece a bit more 'oomph' with the use of other instruments of different classes. Overall, the piece was brilliant! Well done!

#2 - Mushroom Kingdom Folk Waltz
I've never played this game before, but after listening to this I want to play it! I know who arranged this one too. WELL, I'm amazed by the sheer amount of instruments used and the sheer amount of bars (600+). The variations throughout the piece give it lovely colour and contrast, and the melodies and harmonies were just beautiful. I would, however, like to criticise the length of the piece. I must admit, by the time I reached the 25th page, I was wondering when it was going to finish!!! Still, very well done! You would've gotten my vote if not for the next arrangement. :P

#1 - Oceanic Museum Waltz
I love this song. The original uses piano and a little bit of strings; you've captured the mood so well! I think the blend of instruments and the piano just make the piece sing!! The piano is by far the cream on the top! The little melodies you've added make it sound divine and the fact that the piano still has its solo moments is just perfect. The major to minor was very effective, I must say, and is an excellent way to keep your audience captured. AMAZING JOB!! :D

That's pretty much my thoughts but I'd put them in a different order
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.