News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Blueflower's Gaming Blog and Reviews

Started by blueflower999, March 27, 2012, 04:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Ace Attorney lists should I do after ranking the cases?

Rank the characters (or top 10/20 characters)
4 (17.4%)
Rank the breakdowns
3 (13%)
Top 10/20 songs
4 (17.4%)
Rank the villains/murderers
1 (4.3%)
Rank the character themes
2 (8.7%)
Don't do another Ace Attorney list
9 (39.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: blueflower999 on April 02, 2013, 07:15:02 PMI didn't say anything from Virtual Console. And I see your point, I'm just not a handheld kind of person. :P

....which goes to show you don't know it well enough.  There are so many good games on 3DS right now, there's just no reason you shouldn't try it.  Even if you're not that kind of person.  Which you are, self-proclaimed avid Nintendo junkie.

blueflower999

Geez, quit picking on me. There are so many games that I need right now that aren't on the 3DS before I get it! I'll probably have one before the year is over for Layton and Pokemon X/Y.

Oh, and I finally got my last prize in Nintendo Land. DANG they didn't slack off on that game.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

Hey no one's picking on you! I respect whatever opinion you have.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MaestroUGC

As a fellow Game Reviewer, I am obligated to ignore and invalidate any opinion you have regarding video games. You are wrong and your opinions are more wrong.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

blueflower999

The problem is that I became a Nintendo fan too late in life and I have soooo much catching up to do.

Buy a 3DS, buy a Gamecube, get a Mario and Luigi game, complete my NES collection, finish Zelda, finish Layton, get new Pokemon, finish my SNES collection, expand my N64 collection, get 999 (when I'm older), get Mario Galaxy 2, and on and on.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: blueflower999 on April 02, 2013, 07:25:52 PMThe problem is that I became a Nintendo fan too late in life and I have soooo much catching up to do.

Buy a 3DS, buy a Gamecube, get a Mario and Luigi game, complete my NES collection, finish Zelda, finish Layton, get new Pokemon, finish my SNES collection, expand my N64 collection, get 999 (when I'm older), get Mario Galaxy 2, and on and on.

Have fun with that.  How old are you, anyway?  Or is it a secret to everybody?

SlowPokemon

I wonder about my kids and if they'll even appreciate N64 games XD
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MaestroUGC

My niece and nephew do, and they're 7 and 6, respectively. I make it a point to introduce them to the older stuff so they can better appreciate the new.

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 02, 2013, 07:28:09 PMI wonder about my kids and if they'll even appreciate N64 games XD

O_o  How can you say that?!?  You'd have to screw up pretty bad to make them not like SM64.

blueflower999

Why is the N64 my least favorite Nintendo console?
Bulbear! Blueflower999

MaestroUGC

Quote from: MaestroUGC on April 02, 2013, 07:21:49 PMAs a fellow Game Reviewer, I am obligated to ignore and invalidate any opinion you have regarding video games. You are wrong and your opinions are more wrong.

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

blueflower999

Mega Man 10 with vagueness and prankiness removed:

Mega Man 10:

Gameplay: 8/10 Mega Man plays like Mega Man plays like Mega Man. This is the 10th game in the classic series, so if you haven't caught on by now, then what are you waiting for? Go play some Mega Man! 8 Robot Masters, each of which is weak to another's weapon. You steal the Robot Masters' weapons as you beat their stages. After all 8 Masters are down, it's time for the Dr. Wily stage. Because this game is built like an NES game but comes with more modern technology, you can do things like buy 1-ups and Energy Tanks in exchange for screws, which are dropped at random by enemies. This can really help you if you're stuck on a level! I skipped right from MM2 to MM9 and 10, so this game also introduces the Rush abilities, namely Coil, which is a spring, and Jet, which is basically item #2 from Mega Man 2. The levels are kinda plain though, and the Robot Master fights not too exiting, making it the least  fun to play out of all the Mega Man games I own.

Addivtiveness: 7/10 The addictiveness has dropped off a little too. Nothing is really there to keep you playing, the environments are kinda cliche, and aside from a few throwbacks in the later parts of the game, there really isn't anything in this game that I find special at all. I beat it fairly quickly and don't really feel like ever going back to it any time soon.

Story: 3/10 My word, the story was lame with this game. This game had some of the worst plot twists in video game history and was also completely predictable. Dogtah Wahwee infects Robots with "Roboenza" (seriously?) and pretends to be good and then betrays Mega Man and yadayada. Boring.

Music: 7/10 The music was good, but yet again is nothing compared to what I've already seen. There are only 2 or 3 songs that are good enough to make it onto my MP3, which is entirely unacceptable for the series. The music designers got a few things right, but far too many of the songs are uninspired and totally boring to listen to.

Solar Man's Theme (SO FREAKING EPIC)
[close]
Dogtah Wahwee's stage (EPIIIIC)
[close]

Seriously, how could they do so well on these two songs and so piss poor on all the other ones? Oh well.

Character Design: 4/10 Same old same old. The previous game had adorable characters and some that looked so stupid that they were awesome. This game.... just had characters that looked plain old stupid. Very few are memorable at all, and the only good characters are the ones that traveled over from the previous game to this one, namely Auto, Roll, Mega Man, Dr. Light, and Doctah Wahwee.

Humor: 1/10 Barely any humor at all in this game. All the joy was taken out of it and turned to serious crap that's very uninteresting and makes me want to punch a wall. What were they thinking?! The game just isn't the "so bad it's good" like Mega Man 9 was. It's just lame and needs to be reworked.

Difficulty: 4/10 Far too easy. The difficulty dropped off like a rock. If you want a challenge, the previous game is so much more challenging and rewarding as well. This one is just a walk through a park. What, did people complain of the difficulty or something? Well, that's on the easy mode, so excuse me! But really, is this necessary? Mega Man is supposed to be hard! On the NES, the easy mode was still as hard as heck! I can't beat a single level on Capcom's DuckTales on easy, so why is Mega Man 10 TOO FREAKING EASY on easy mode?

Other Memorable Features: Downloadable content. Blah. Proto Man comes with the game, and he can slide, charge, and block missiles, but he takes TOO MUCH DAMAGE! There's no point in using him! There are some missions and achievements, but those really aren't that much fun either. Bass can be unlocked, but who's going to pay for that?

Overall: 7/10 It's good, but a major let down. Mega Man 9 was just so much better. Now, this begs the question; will Mega Man 11 be more like 9, or more like this 10? We shall see.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999