Jompa's arrangements ~ 29.04.2015 ~ Inne i den flyvende spekkhoggeren

Started by Jompa, April 25, 2012, 10:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonValentino

Quote from: Jompa on July 12, 2013, 01:51:25 PMThanks! I guess it's time I get to the anime arranging :)

Ha, now that you say so, I should too... :-[
The thing is that I have this huge pile of old game arrangements to fix that keeps me busy... Well, I started to fix "Scarlet", at least is something, right? ;D
And I'll try to finally finish Happy's Theme once and for all. >.>

Jompa

So I'm gonna join a new concert band (a really good one), and I was thinking about just throwing this in the conductor's face the first day and just be like "lets play this!"..

Island Swing - Donkey Kong Country - concert band/standtune for marching band:
PDF
MP3
Birdo for Smash

Brassman388

Putting aside the fact that we have had a very brief and rough history, I would say that this arrangement and your skill at composing and arranging will be a formidable force when comes down to you producing music in the next level. I have no idea how old you are, but if you're young, keep at it. If you're an older gentleman, this is still as equally impressive.

I am impressed. Almost right down to the bone.

FSM-Reapr

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

Really impressed! You did some awesome things there. I specially like the introduction and the ending. Great job.

Jompa

thanks!

So I made this really really hard thing right here:

Super Mario Bros. 2:
"Overworld Bebop March" (Overworld) ~ for big band-ish
PDF
MP3

Listen to it! :D
Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

Jompa

I allowed myself to get my thread pushed to the second page :O

Well, that's because I haven't been with my Mac in two weeks and haven't been arranging - I have had NotePad on this other computer, but c'mon, I can't work with that.
But yesterday I got it back! :D :D :D So I have been arranging some anime stuff for Don's page, but during all that I just figured "why not arrange an easy video game march? I haven't been arranging video game stuff for a while.." So I tried, but somewhere along the way the difficulty level stopped being so easy. You could say the difficulty level kinda escalates :P Though it's not really that hard, but I know my old school band wouldn't stand a chance.
So here it is:

Super Smash Bros. Melee:
Super Mario Bros. 3 ~ for Marching Band.
PDF
MP3
Birdo for Smash

Jompa

If anyone remember the "Island Swing" arrangement I did for concert band a while ago - I kinda felt like it would fit well for big band as well, and I had to arrange something for the big band at school before school starts.
So I made a version for big band too, though this version is almost completely different! After "G" everything is different - actually, this version is more like the "Jungle Japes" theme from Super Smash Bros. Melee (or rather, from "G" it is that version), so that's what I called it :) I also borrowed some other Donkey Kong elements from SSBM.
Here it is:

Super Smash Bros. Melee:
Jungle Japes ~ for big band
PDF
MP3
Birdo for Smash

Jompa

Just because why not (and to selfishly keep my post on the first submission page), I here have a short little jazz quartet arrangement of my favorite jazz standard, "Voyage". :)
It's got nothing to do with video games really, but screw that:

Voyage
PDF
MP3
Birdo for Smash

FSM-Reapr