Jompa's arrangements ~ 29.04.2015 ~ Inne i den flyvende spekkhoggeren

Started by Jompa, April 25, 2012, 10:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jompa

Thanks a lot everyone!
Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 18, 2014, 02:58:04 PMMy only comments would be to work in some more transitions (less stopping and starting) and slightly rewrite the section from 546-552 for eupho 1. I would suggest having them play something on the downbeats as well, even if it's just in octaves with eupho 2, just to make it a bit easier to play. I bring this up because I did something similar to this recently (also in a supporting, non-melody voice), and it ended up being more trouble than it seemed to be worth.
You have good points. I'll definitely do something about the section from 546-552 for 1.euph.
QuoteIf you made a version transposed for three trombones, I might be able to get you a reading of it :3
Sorry but language barrier. Do you mean you'll play it and record it?
Birdo for Smash

Jompa

Look what I found amongst all the old files on my computer! The beginning on a Mario Kart Double Dash medley for big band! Anyone wanna see it completed? I sure do! I'll probably start working on it once I have the time.
check it out:
Mario Kart Double Dash Medley
I can imagine "Staff Roll" for big band. That could actually be seriously awesome
Birdo for Smash

JDMEK5

Wow. You have to finish this thing Jompa. I love it!
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Jompa

I just figured I'd post some old big band scores I found lying around :) Most of it isn't video game related, but still..

"Gun's & Roses" - from "Baccano"
PDF
MP3

"But Not For Me" - big band & vocals
PDF
MP3

"Pallet Jazz" - baritone sax. feature
PDF
Parts
MP3

"Nimbasa City"
PDF
Parts
MP3

"Footsteps of Winter" - trumpet feature
PDF
MP3

"On the Sunny Side of the Street" - tenor sax. feature
PDF
Parts
MP3

"Jungle Japes Jazz" - tenor sax. feature
PDF
Parts
MP3

"Tundra Plateau"
PDF
MP3

"Tijuana Taxi"
PDF
MP3

"Sierra" - tenor sax. & soprano sax. duet feature
PDF
MP3

"Rocket Barrel 1"
PDF
Parts
MP3

"A Night in Tunisia" - alto horn feature
PDF
MP3

"What Planet is This?" - from Cowboy Bebop
PDF
Parts
MP3

"Tank!" - from Cowboy Bebop
PDF
Parts
MP3

"Too Good Too Bad" - from Cowboy Bebop
PDF
Parts
MP3

"Rush" - from Cowboy Bebop
PDF
Parts
MP3

Original Compositions:

"Jordskjelvknusern" - soprano sax. feature
PDF
Parts
MP3

"Dromedaren fra helvete" - sax. section feature
PDF
Parts
MP3

"Dromedaren fra himmelen" - sax. section feature
PDF
Parts
MP3

I have sooooo many WIPs it's crazy
Birdo for Smash

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Olimar12345

Nice arrangements! I'm considering bringing "Tank!" with me next Monday for our band's reading session-think you could clean up the score a bit though? (also a tabloid size score would be much appreciated!)

Quote from: Jompa on April 20, 2014, 11:37:15 AMSorry but language barrier. Do you mean you'll play it and record it?

Sorry, I missed this post. What I meant was I would try to get some friends together and sight read it, and record the session. If it goes over well, we might work it up and record it. :J
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Waddle Bro

Jompa

Thanks. You guys are so nice ;D

Quote from: Olimar12345 on May 04, 2014, 05:09:25 PMWhat I meant was I would try to get some friends together and sight read it, and record the session. If it goes over well, we might work it up and record it. :J
Well in that case, that's extremely awesome, and here:

The "Pokémon Suite" - for three trombones
Trombone 1 ~ Trombone 2 ~ Trombone 3

The ensemble I actually wrote it for (1 alto horn, 2 euphonium) tried it out for the first time yesterday. I just so happened to have class in the classroom that uses the same venting system as the room they used (which should be noted is on the other side of the school), so ofc I ended up listen to them while following them on the score. Man, they are just soooo good, they nailed the entire thing on the first try, which I don't need to tell you; is totally insane (yes, even the battle themes). They'll be performing the first, the second and the third movement on friday, and the entire thing apart from movement 7 in about a month.
Birdo for Smash

Jompa

I was bored today.

"Blue Bossa" - big band cornet & trombone section feature
PDF
MP3
Birdo for Smash

Jompa

Here's another "Dromedaren ..."-composition from me, for the big band. Enjoy!

Dromedaren som var så glad i 7'er-akkorder:
PDF
MP3

If you wanna see the .mus or the .mid, just change the url on the .pdf.
Birdo for Smash

Jompa

I also just finished an arrangement of Watermelon Man:

"Watermelon Man"
PDF
MP3
Birdo for Smash

Jompa

Out of boredom in Italy I made an arrangement of Caravan. Finale managed to crash though, so the audio playback got all crazy.
"Caravan"
PDF
Birdo for Smash

Jompa

I am dangerously close to being kicked off the first page here, so I just whipped up something.
Okay, the truth is we're having some project at school that I didn't know about until the day before recording, and therefore I had to pull an allnighter to make this so my group wouldn't fail, though another guy in my group beat me to it by 5 minutes, so we're using his instead of mine... So here is mine! I think it turned out pretty great, for about six hours of work. There are areas that definitely could be fixed though.

The Girl From Ipanama ~ band
MUS*
PDF
Parts
MP3*
*the audio doesn't play the "2nd x o", so keep it in mind
Birdo for Smash