News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

The NSM Community Orchestra Project!

Started by MaestroUGC, May 04, 2012, 01:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How exciting is this?

Exciting
19 (61.3%)
Very Exciting
19 (61.3%)
Sign me up!
15 (48.4%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Zunawe

I thought I checked thoroughly. . . I'm so ashamed. By the way, I have 20/13 vision in both eyes; I can even see your thoughts. That tiny text didn't do anything for you.

Successful use of a semicolon. Beat that.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Sir Dino

"Off-topic" & "this isn't a contest."

Zunawe

I know, but I had to.

We should probably make sure everybody has a metronome before they try this. If your recording is off beat by much at all it could be disastrous for that person's part. Just putting it out there.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

K-NiGhT

Quote from: MaestroUGC on May 17, 2012, 02:15:10 PMOk, what's the feasability of the organ?

I have access to one. I can provide you with a stop list later.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

MaestroUGC

Quote from: Zunawe on May 17, 2012, 04:32:06 PMIf we still need a euphonium I can replace K-night. Also, I think Deku said he was in, but he didn't use bold.

I don't feel like looking for a single post of his. I'll put him down as a trombonist for now, he can correct me later.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Olimar12345

I believe I said I was interested in a Bass Trombone spot...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Zunawe

*whispers*Pssssst. Use bold text, Olimar. We've been over this.

I program things

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Tangy

Oh wow, this is awesome.

I know there's tons of people signed up already, but I'd love to join in if you need a bass clarinet. I have eight years of experience, and have played in my province's youth wind ensemble as well as my university's symphonic band. I could do piano too (14 years experience xD Since I was five), but I think there's enough pianists already. :P I also own a Bb clarinet, but it's really cheap, so it's next to impossible to get a good sound out of.

MaestroUGC

This thing is all about the pianists, the other instruments are a bonus.

Jub3r7

In with the Piano. Most recent pieces (Recordings will be added to this post later when I receive them from my piano teacher.):
L. v. Beethoven: Piano Sonata No.9 (op. 14 No. 1) in E Major
3rd movement, Rondo - Allegro commodo

Rachmaninoff: Prelude in C# Minor
Also known as Bells of Moscow.
I sorta messed up on one section of the song and I was surprised that the guy at the recording studio didn't have me redo it. :/

Oh, and the Vocals as a Tenor.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

TheZeldaPianist275

IT'S MONDAY IT'S MONDAY IT'S MONDAY!!!

MaestroUGC

So we are doing...Pokemon!

The final tallies are: 15 Pianists, 1 Flute, 1 Bass Clarinet, 1 Percussionist,  3 Trombones (1 Bass), Euphonium, 2 Guitarists, 1 E. Bassist, 1 Violin, 1 Organ, and 5 Vocalists.

I think this time we won't be using any vocals, so unless you can convince me otherwise, I'm going to dismiss all vocalists.

We reached 15 Pianists! I knew we could do it. Now we need music. We need at least ten pieces from the Pokemon series. You have free reign. I'm going to take the most popular suggestions and figure out a way to bring them together into one cohesive piece.

Please list the pieces you want in bold, with the Game Title and Song Title, with a YouTube link if you can. You have 1 week to make suggestions, until Monday, June 4th. Even if someone suggested it already add it to your post if you want it in here. Unless I see a piece multiple times, I might not put it in.

If you still want to participate, you can, but once the set list is finalized (shortly after the 4th) there will be no more entries. If you have signed up to participate, please send me a PM of your summer schedule (Now until the end of August); major conflict dates, typical availability, even potential conflicts. From there I can start to piece together a rehearsal schedule for all of us.

Thank you for your enthusiam.

Zunawe

Quote from: MaestroUGC on May 21, 2012, 07:01:32 AMThe final tallies are: 15 Pianists, 1 Flute, 1 Bass Clarinet, 1 Percussionist,  3 Trobones (1 Bass), Euphonium, 2 Guitarists, 1 E. Bassist, 1 Violin, 1 Organ, and 5 Vocalists.

I can't believe you did this. You misspelled trombone! That is an insult to God's instrument. You must now pray to make up for your sin.

On another note (aaaaaaahhh! icwutididthar on accident):
How long should this go on? How long will we have to practice, assuming the arrangement doesn't take more that a month?

*enthusiasm!*

I program things

Olimar12345

You shouldn't misspell Trombone. Bad things happen when you misspell Trombone.