Zunawe's Arrangements (3 New Sheets)

Started by Zunawe, May 14, 2012, 07:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheZeldaPianist275

Olimar.... you've been working on it for a quite a long time now.   ;)  Zunawe, Gerudo Valley sounds good, I like it better than the one on site.  Can't open Koopa's Road because of the computer I'm on right now, but I wanna hear that one too.  Keep up the good work!

Olimar12345

It is like 90% done, I've just been busy with other projects. And its not like updates are just happening all over the place anyways.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Olimar12345 on May 25, 2012, 05:55:30 PMAnd its not like updates are just happening all over the place anyways.

True enough.

Quote from: Zunawe on May 25, 2012, 12:16:03 PMAs a final note, I'm fixing up Bowser's Road, but, having NotePad like a lame person, I can't put in the key change.

Zunawe, you're going to hear this eventually if you talk to me, Dudeman, or Wilco.  Check out http://musescore.org/ MuseScore.  It's completely free, has almost all the capabilites of Finale, has a lot more capabilities than NotePad, and is just generally easier to write pieces with.

Oh yeah, and it's free.

Switch to MuseScore.

Olimar12345

...Or stick with the industry standard. PM me a sheet you need edited and it will be so.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Olimar12345 on May 25, 2012, 06:08:01 PM...Or stick with the industry standard. PM me a sheet you need edited and it will be so.

Olimar12345, everybody's least favorite party crasher.  :P
What I do is write the pieces with MuseScore and then run them through NotePad, so you still get the industry standard while enjoying the (coughcoughfargreatercoughcough) benefits of MuseScore.

Olimar12345

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on May 25, 2012, 06:11:53 PMOlimar12345, everybody's least favorite party crasher.  :P
I love this. Lol!

But yeah, it is a real drag that you can't change time and keys during a piece in notepad. Well actually I don't give a fuck about the key changing, but rarely do I stay in the same time sig throughout a piece!

Zunawe

Wow, a lot happened while I was gone.

Okay, I'll take a look at MuseScore again, but I tried it once, and I couldn't get used to it after using Finale for so long.

I haven't really been planning on making all of these arrangements for the website. If they get on, great! But I'm just arranging things that I want to arrange and people can look at them. I'm not trying to compete for anything, so go ahead and put up your version of The Sky, Olimar. Yes, I know this is submissions, but I'm looking for more feedback than music on the site.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Zunawe

I put up an unfinished "The Sky". It has most of the right hand and a little bit of the left. I'm fairly sure most of it is correct, but beats 3-4 of measure 2 in the right hand sound really weird. You can't hear them in the music from the game unless you have a program that can bring out certain lines. Would anybody verify that those are the right notes?

The accidentals in the first and last two measures should be flats I think, but I was confused with the key change in the latter third of the piece (need somebody to do that for me too, if he/she could).

Again, Olimar12345 has full credit for arranging this song first, as he claimed it. I just happened to put it up before him.

I'm starting to think I got the key wrong too. It should be Bb, not F. Grawr! I can't copy and paste it. It transposes the music. I don't like having just NotePad. I may switch to MuseScore, but I started this in NotePad, and I don't want to copy it over note by note.

EDIT: Never mind. I forgot about the MusicXML.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

TheZeldaPianist275

Zunawe

I program things

TheZeldaPianist275

I agree that something isn't quite right in measure two; I haven't analyzed it thoroughly, but it sounds more minor than in game.  Olimar's going to jump in any second now and give you the notes he came up with.

Zunawe

I'm thinking that the F isn't related to the chord in the same way the other notes are. I'll fiddle with it a little. I fixed the key change (I'm 95% sure that there is one), and added some grace notes in MuseScore. I think that's how I'll use it, because I find it very difficult to use, and my computer, being annoyingly slow, makes a really odd sound when I try to play it back. I'll create what I can in NotePad, and then export it as a .xml, import it in MuseScore, add key changes, time sig changes, repeats, grace notes, et cetera, and export it and import it again.

By the way, the formatting got severely screwed up during the transfer. I don't know how to fix it.

I program things

TheZeldaPianist275

Yeah, .xml will do that to ya.  I understand about MuseScore; I couldn't get used to Finale if I tried.  I would not be the person to ask about formatting error, as I know almost nothing about formatting Finale & NotePad.  Was it the transfer to MuseScore or back to NotePad that it got messed up on?

Zunawe

Both. There were random page breaks in MuseScore, and spacing issues in Finale.

I program things

TheZeldaPianist275

I'm not sure there's any way around that; Finale and MuseScore are different enough that strange things happen when you try to mix them.  Sorry I can't help   :-[