News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Submission for Next Update - 4 Submissions

Started by The Deku Trombonist, June 09, 2012, 01:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

Woah, ease up a little....

I can't help it if my life decides to cave in around me.

Bespinben

I sympathesize with you Deku. It's why we want another updater to help you when stuff like that happens. That, of course, depends on if Jamaha feels that adding another updater is necessary.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on August 24, 2012, 12:35:28 AMWoah, ease up a little....

I can't help it if my life decides to cave in around me.
Yeah, didn't mean to pressure you.

Olimar12345

Got an audition today and I'll be out by 2:00pm. No other plans till Monday. Just sayin'.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 24, 2012, 09:28:01 AMGot an audition today and I'll be out by 2:00pm. No other plans till Monday. Just sayin'.
Do it.

Sir Awesomesauce

Quote from: Bespinben on August 24, 2012, 01:00:02 AMI sympathesize with you Deku. It's why we want another updater to help you when stuff like that happens. That, of course, depends on if Jamaha feels that adding another updater is necessary.
It shouldn't even be a question of whether, it should be a question of who and how soon.
You should read my post, it's probably above this.

Olimar12345

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you who use dropbox. You guys are the best! :')
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

I've had this idea for a while and would like to hear some of y'all's thoughts about it:

What if updates were done by arranger?(kind of like the feature arranger thing we used to do) Say everyone prettied up a single arrangement, then posted it in the submission thread. Then, whomever had the best formatting(and least mistakes) would get like 10 of their sheets in an exclusive update. This way we can get more of the clean sheets off the forum and on the site, while others can correct residual issues. Any thoughts?

Dudeman

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 04, 2012, 01:06:34 PMI've had this idea for a while and would like to hear some of y'all's thoughts about it:

What if updates were done by arranger?(kind of like the feature arranger thing we used to do) Say everyone prettied up a single arrangement, then posted it in the submission thread. Then, whomever had the best formatting(and least mistakes) would get like 10 of their sheets in an exclusive update. This way we can get more of the clean sheets off the forum and on the site, while others can correct residual issues. Any thoughts?
Sounds good; the only problem is that the arranger's other sheets might not be as clean and correctly formatted as the one they submitted.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Olimar12345

Yeah, but he/she would at least be capable of cleaning them up to our standards.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

spitllama

Me neither. That kind of removes the community aspect from updates.

All my stuff is fixed btw.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Bespinben

The idea sounds neat-ish, but prone to bias over what might be considered "the best one". If any new idea should be implented, I think it should be the "1 submission per arranger per update" we discussed earlier.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Olimar12345

I'm just trying to find a way to separate the sheets good from bad. I'm already getting tired of giving deku the same list of corrections, give or take a few:

-Title missing quotation marks
-Title/composer not bolded
-arranger/subtitle not italicised
-no bpm
-copyright/url missing/not size 10/not centered
-no measure numbers

This is before I even look at the music...

spitllama

Direct them to the "whatvshould my sheet look like" thread instead of explaining out everything.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012