Pokemon Mansion - Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow

Started by pumpy_heart, June 24, 2012, 04:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pumpy_heart

The music has a built in pattern for the repetitive line that alternates registers.
If you're paying attention, it comes in at different times after it rests. The pattern should happen 4 times until it fits into a loop.
My question is, how would the site rather have this? I feel the line is important to keep the piece from sounding too loop like, but there are only 3 simple lines and the pattern takes a long time to repeat. To withhold the sanctity of the piece, I feel this must be shown in the music. My question is, how?

How should it be notated? Should it just be an ossia with a few notes showing where it starts and a description when it should start? Should it all be written out (hahahah)? Should it just be a description on how to play it after the first repeat and where?

Also, it's harder than that. The melody/bass aren't tied together either. The melody will sometimes repeat an extra time while the bass continues on its first pattern. Piece is intelligent for its time. But should all this be included or not, since this is moreso a reduction than a replication, what do you think?

Suggestions?

Thanks!