News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

First music you learned - doesn't has to be VG music.

Started by SephyrothX, June 26, 2012, 08:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SephyrothX

I started my guitar in this masterpiece:

It helped me a lot in the change of chords.

As for keyboard, i started with this one:

Used to play with some friends, but they all got married and things will never be the same, bla bla bla.
How about you?

spitllama

Pretty sure I first learned some song out of the Alfred books... you know, the songs where you never use more than one finger at a time to play the piece? Good times.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Olimar12345

Not quite sure what the exact piece was. However, I do have fond memories of staying after school in a practice room with some of our sheets. :J
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bespinben

I'm not entirely sure. Due to the fact I have been singing for far longer than I have been playing piano, I suppose the first song I "learned" on the piano were the melodies of various songs from the "26 Italian Songs and Arias" book, that way I could practice learning the songs at home.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

MasterProX

The first song I started learning in sixth grade orchestra, when I first started playing the violin, was called "Frog in a Tree", so I guess that's the first song I ever learned.  Not counting the scales and small exercises in our books we used in class.

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

SephyrothX

I never had the patience for learning the easier songs, maybe that's the reason why I always turn frustrated with the piano.

Cobraroll

I think the first song I learned to play properly was Dire, Dire Docks from Super Mario 64. I found a tutorial on YouTube, and watched it several times until I could play it okay-ish. Still one of my favourite songs to play.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SpoonyBardCanon01

The first song I ever learned how to play was Song of Healing,b. From a Youtube video. This was before I started taking lessons, so don't judge.
Does anyone else think that FFII's "Fighting" would sound good in a rock cover?

pumpy_heart

I remember getting super annoyed that I couldn't play the "Gym" from Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow music on a crappy keyboard we had the summer from 7th grade to 8th grade. "Victory Road" went a lot smoother.
Also printed off "Kraid" from Metroid. I could play the melody, but not the left hand.
School started, I started playing Alto Saxophone, teaching myself scales and flying through the beginner's book.
In the fall of that year, someone gave us a piano.

Thar she goes. Funny, never sat down and thought about it. That was 7 years ago this summer. Good topic.

SuperFireKirby

On piano, I think it was the twilight princess version of Kakariko Village.

Guitar was We're Going To Be Friends by The White Stripes.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

fabbemannen

The first thing I learned on piano was probably the Smoke on the Water intro. For VGM on piano, probably Tetris or Super Mario Bros. - Overworld
It was Martin Leung that made me get into VGM's for real

I can't really remember what other tunes I played back then, I can't even remember what I learned on guitar

Fleetstar The Flygon

For the piano, the Turkish March- sort of. During my first lesson my instructor asked me what songs I WANTED to play, and my mom always wanted my brother to be a pianist so he could play that piece. So we worked on it; it took over a year to really get down, and now it is still a challenge for me to get down perfectly- just one of those things... Well, the first piece I've ever gotten down was the most simplified version of 'Do Re Mi' that still included two hands XD
For VGM, Haunted Merry-Go-Round from Super Mario 64.

zezhyrule

"Music is the space between the notes" – Claude Debussy