News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Bubbles's Arrangements

Started by Bubbles, August 09, 2012, 10:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

I thought this version of the song was adorable, so I arranged it

Heal Pokemon
MUS MIDI

Bespinben

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on August 25, 2012, 12:28:45 PMI thought this version of the song was adorable, so I arranged it

Heal Pokemon
MUS MIDI

Even though the song is only 1 measure long, there are many things that need to be addressed in your arrangement.

1.) Key -- The song consists of 3 notes: B, G# (or Ab) and E. The combination of these notes sound a major chord, thus we can deduce that G#/Ab must be spelled as G#, since B and Ab would be a generic 7th apart, which does not constitute a major chord, or any inversion thereof. As such, if we arrange these three notes into root-position, we would have an E major triad (E, G#, B). The song ends on 4-octave unison E, which supports the idea of the tonic being E. Because of these things, we can reasonably believe the key of the song is E major, which is represented by a key signature of 4 sharps.

2.) Playability and legibility -- Why is there a 3 octave wide chord on the right hand at the end? and why is there a 2nd layer? Instead of having a 2nd layer, just move what you wrote in the 2nd layer to the left hand, since it's in rhythmic unison with it and is an octave apart.

3.) The tempo doesn't reflect the original. I think the tempo needs to be a little faster.

4.) There needs to be some sort of dynamic marking. Considering the cutesy sound of the fanfare and the instrumentation, I would recommend either piano or mezzo-piano.

Taking all that into consideration, this is how I believe the sheet should look:

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Bubbles

Haha I messed up a song with one measure. There was two layers because I was too lazy to find a song with a double treble clef for the A flats in the left hand. I didnt even consider the key change, but yeah that makes alot more sense. Its fixed now

Bubbles

Finished this one, thanks to a little help with timing from Shado and Bespinben

Es Cade's Theme
MUS MIDI

spitllama

Wow it's so much cleaner. And the grace notes work way better imo. Nice work! Sorry I wasn't able to help more yesterday than just say "it's wrong" lol.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Bubbles

Haha actually, when I meant a little help with timing from shado and bespinben, I meant Shado used a fancy machine to rewrite everything, then I assume he fixed the minor mistakes that I cant do in Notepad. I dont wanna take credit.

But saying "it's wrong" actually helps me, so I need that too :)

Uraziel

Sounds good, but apparently that helps you so: it's wrong.

Bubbles

It helps me when theres actually something wrong with it. Im not saying that is definetly perefect, but when two of the best arrangers on the site both give their opinions on it, you gain a little confidence

Uraziel

There are just minor thing, some of the notes are off by just a bit.

Bubbles

Uraziel

well for starters the first note is a c, the rhythms are all fine but a lot of the notes are incorrect

Bubbles

Are you sure? I listened to the first 5 notes of the actual song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UmbE7D9dLg) and the first 5 notes of mine, and thye sound the same

Uraziel

Sorry, incorrect was not the right word. there is a counter melody underneath that you missed which is absolutely crucial to the feel of the song.

Bubbles

You mean just the high octave parts in the beginning, other than that, I dont think I left anything else out