TWG XXXVII - Time for a History Lesson Post Game

Started by MaestroUGC, August 30, 2012, 03:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

European Royalty:
Henry VIII (England)Wolf Painter (Red) - President K. Dashiell Night, the Exile
Louis XIV (France)Human (Green) - Sultan Shadowkirby, the Vain
Catherine II, the Great (Russia)Human (Green) - Czar Spitllama II, the Ambitious

American Legends:
George WashingtonHuman (Green) - Queen Bubbles, the Just
Andrew JacksonWolf (Red) - Kaiser Sheikah, the Martyr
Abraham LincolnHuman (Green) - President Jub3r7, the Gentle

Ancient Rulers:
Alexander the Great (Greece)Human (Green) - King Vermillionvermin III, the Bold
Emperor Caligula (Rome)Brutal Wolf (Red) - Pharoah Kman, the Distracted
Cleopatra (Egypt)Human (Green) - Prime Minister F.S.M. Reapr, the Mad

20th Century Trifecta:
Franklin Delano RooseveltGuardian (Blue) - King Mashi I, the Frivolous
Joseph Stalin - Master Wolf (Green) - Imperator Davy Caesar, the Prudent
Winston ChurchillSeer (Blue) - Emperor Dude, the Popular

Game Summary:
Night 1:
Oh boy, did some sh*t go down. First Jub starts a gambit to get the wolves to claim to him. Davy counterclaims FSM, and Verm's trying to get everybody to claim to him so he can deduce who the wolves are. This chaos would eventually play into the wolves defeat.

Day: 1
With Jub about to tell the whole thread about the wolf identites, K-Night puts the kibosh on that and has him Beheaded. The result was an 8-hour day phase. Fun!

Night 2:
Most of the action was about the Davy/FSM Debate, with Verm and Mashi working behind the scenes, setting up for what would become a rather trivial endgame. Verm had figured out all of the wolves at this point, it was just a matter of confirmation before pushing for lynchings. Verm passed on his suspicions before he was wolfed, so all was well in the end.

Day: 2
Mashi picked up where Verm left off and pushed for a lynch against K-Night. Not a moment too soon either, had he pushed for a Davy/FSM lynch the game could've been lost right then and there. The wolves were still in the dark about each other, a fact that allowed the humans to further confuse them later in the game.

Night 3:
Davy claimed to be Stalin as an attempt to find the remaining wolves and as an excuse to offer up the "wolves" to the other humans, much like Jub did earlier. Unfortunately the humans were fairly resigned at this point as to who the wolves were, so they saw this as an opportunity to screw with the wolves by send both FSM and Bubbles to claim as wolves to make things worse. Their plan worked, as it prevented the wolves from uniting until it was too late.

Day 3:
A short phase because of the insta on Davy. His plan failed as he trusted Bubbles over Kman and left him, a fellow wolf, out to dry.

Night 4:
End Game - Mashi outlined the lynching plan for Sheikah and Kman. He successfully guarded himself after leading everybody to believe that Spit was the guardian. At this point the humans were more interested in toying with the wolves, none moreso than Bubbles. This resulted in a feeble attempt for the wolves to bounce back, which only lead to more trolling.

Day 4:
Shiekah tried valiantly to fight, but in the end was overcome by an insta. After a brief game of Go Fish, Kman surrendered the following phase.

Player Analyses:
Bubbles:
Our newcomer. After a bit of hesitation early on, you soon became a force to be reckoned with about halfway through the game. You claimed to davy and supplied him with a list of false roles. Perhaps it was this list that made him trust you over Kman as Caligula. Later, when Sheikah was trying to strategize you lead him along so beautifully, eventually putting the final nail in his coffin as he tried to so valiantly. Well done, young lady.

Sheikah:
You wolfed Spit, later claiming that he's a good first target to avoid the Manti Rule and still make it look like an experienced player did it. You claim to Jub as Andrew Jackson, though the idea was at the time to troll him. Unfortunately for you Jub was using it as a ploy to find the wolves and had it not been for K-Night your identity would've been given out. Jub managed to tell Mashi that somebody claimed Jackson, and you had mentioned the same earlier. This would be what got you in the end, as Verm figured that you were sheikah. The rest of the game was spent by you being playe by the humans, and most notably Bubbles who lead you to your own lynching.

Jub3r7:
You claim to be a wolf in the thread as a way to find the other wolves. The idea was to just dump what others told you and use it to lynch all of the wolves. While the intention was good, it wasn't thought out as it got you killed the following day. You were at least able to uncover sheikah before you died, so it wasn't a total loss.

K-Night:
You killed Jub in an attempt to save the identity of a fellow wolf. Not much was seen from you for the rest of the game, and once suspicions turned towards you you committed suicide.

Dude:
You've really perfected your vanishing act. Not much was seen or heard from you throughout the entire game, but you did came in at the last moment to insta Sheikah, which essentially won the game for the humans as Kman surrendered afterwards.

Davy:
Davy, davy, davy. Why Davy? Why did you do it? First you counterclaim FSM as Cleopatra. This wasn't a bad move, as you probably could've talked your way around FSM and get the humans on your side. You fell for Jub's bait, which could've been bad had he not been beheaded. Things were going so well for you, people were still on the fence about your humanity, all in all you weren't in a bad spot, yet. Then you claim to be Stalin, much in the same way Jub did earlier. This was all the evidence Mashi needed to push a lynch against you. You try to back peddle out of it by saying it was a ploy, and you produce Kman and FSM as the other wolves. This screwed over the wolves, as the other humans were certain FSM was human at this point, and you allowed Bubbles to gain Sheikah's trust by say she was Caligula. Davy, davy, davy. Why?

Spitllama:
You were ready to go at this game with everything you had. You got use of New Deal by activating your power as Catherine. Unfortunately you were wolfed Night 1. Better luck next time!

Vermillionvermin:
You hit the ground running. First thing you started doing was strategizing, and you quickly took the reigns as leader for the humans. Between you and Mashi, you were running this game from start to finish. Through a a brilliant gambit, you mabaged to coax Sheikah into claiming Catherine, giving all you needed to find the wolves. By Night 2 you had figured out the identities of all the wolves! You passed on your suspicions to Mashi, who took up the reigns after you were wolfed. A stellar performance.

Mashi:
You let Vrm take the lead at first, acting as mainly as a means of assurance to the humans. Once Verm died you took over and lead the humans to a solid victory. Using the list Verm gave you, and your own abilities, you found and routed all of the wolves. You even were granted an opportunity to further exasperate their problems by sending FSM and Bubbles to troll them to no end. Another strong performance.

FSM-Reapr:
You start the game by getting into a claiming war with Davy, both claiming to be Cleopatra. You stayed in constant communication with Mashi which lead to your credibility as a human. Most of the game you were focused with proving your innocence, that you didn't really focus on anything else. Once Davy claimed to be Stalin, something you figured a while ago, you claim to him as Andrew Jackson. This later proved to be crucial as he tried to sell you and Kman out as wolves, believing Sheikah and Bubbles to be wolves.

Kman96:
You stuck towards the background for most of the game, only popping up every now and then to throw in your two cents. You claimed to Verm as Catherine II, saying you had gotten Brutalling as a result, to later use as an excuse if you got lynched. Between this, and side-stepping the Davy/FSM Debate, you had all but confirmed yourself as a wolf to Verm. You managed to wolf him the second night, but the damage had been done as Mashi later rallied the humans together to lynch you along with Sheikah.

Shadowkirby:
You didn't do anything except for saftey on Kman, who later wolfed you as a way of saying thanks. Both you and Dude desrve a medal. In fact...

Honors:
MVP: Vermillionvermin
Through some clever planning on your part, you found the identites of all the wolves by Night 2. Had you not have died I'm sure you would've continued to lead the humans to a sound victory

Rising Star: Bubbles7689
You were able to lead Sheikah on, making him believe you were a wolf which lead to his downfall. You were able to report all of his actions which allowed the humans to stay one step ahead. Fantastic work for your first full game.

Honorable Mentions:
Davy - You tried rather valiantly to stay one step ahead of the humans, but you claim as Stalin proved to be your undoing as it gave the humans everything they needed to lynch you.
The_Last_Sheikah - You, too, also tried to fight, but your trust in Bubbles allowed her to undermine you, effectively sealing your fate.

Final Comments:
Success! I'm glad my first game was successful and enjoyable by the players. The humans, from thr first moment, were on their game. The wolves were actually all in sync, for the most part, but their blind faith in other claims is what lead to their downfall. All-in-all, it was a good game, fought well by all.

And with that, I declare this, XXXVII TWG, officially:
COMPLETE
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

the_last_sheikah

Well, I guess it was fun.
Bubbles, I applaud your performance. *clap*
Kman, hey, we tried.
Spit, sorry I killed you night 1, no hard feelings.
And I was right in the chat when I joked "I'm Andrew Jackson, and this is jackass."  Crazy game.

Hopefully taking psychology in school will make me better at this.  ::)
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Kman96

Party Hard!
[close]

Bubbles

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 30, 2012, 03:12:12 PMLater, when Sheikah was trying to strategize you lead him along so beautifully, eventually putting the final nail in his coffin as he tried to so valiantly. Well done, young lady.

Why thank you Maestro

spitllama

@ sheikah: It's no big deal. Somebody has to be taken first night :)

Mashi excellent job on the guardian ploy. I kept trying to figure out why you were saying I was the guardian. I got worried that when I told Verm I got "New Deal" on Night 1, that he relayed the information and you interpreted it as me being FDR.

Kman and sheikah I was cringing and biting my lips when you guys were claiming my role- Catherine :D
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Mashi

Funny thing about my guards was that for the first three Nights, our second choice of guarding was always the one wolfed.

FSM-Reapr

davy

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 30, 2012, 03:12:12 PMDavy:
Davy, davy, davy. Why Davy? Why did you do it? First you counterclaim FSM as Cleopatra. This wasn't a bad move, as you probably could've talked your way around FSM and get the humans on your side. You fell for Jub's bait, which could've been bad had he not been beheaded. Things were going so well for you, people were still on the fence about your humanity, all in all you weren't in a bad spot, yet. Then you claim to be Stalin, much in the same way Jub did earlier. This was all the evidence Mashi needed to push a lynch against you. You try to back peddle out of it by saying it was a ploy, and you produce Kman and FSM as the other wolves. This screwed over the wolves, as the other humans were certain FSM was human at this point, and you allowed Bubbles to gain Sheikah's trust by say she was Caligula. Davy, davy, davy. Why?

This game was unballanced. If one player is able to find all of the wolves night 2, while wolves do not make enormous mistakes (jub wasn't able to tell the topic who the wolves were, so that mistake doesn't count), than there's just something wrong with the game. Also, always lynching a wolf when not even activating half of your team's powers also indicates that the game is unballanced.

Wolves had to do everything to keep themselves alive, because had none of the wolves done anything but counterclaiming to verm, than they would have lost. That's why I immediately fake claimed Cleo when FSM gave me the chance. I also claimed to jub because I thought my plan had failled, and I didn't want to lose solely because I did not trust him. Also if Jub hadn't been brutaled I would have just surrendered due to the fact that the game was way to unballanced. Had Jub actually been a wolf, than there would have been no better option than claiming to him immediately. Also, jub did help me convincing that Sheikah was a wolf.

Things weren't going well for me at all. FSM found my strategy at the last moment, and Mashi claimed to have a plan to get rid of me. Had I not done anything, and had Mashi truely had a plan, I would die and wolves would lose anyway. So I decided to fake claim to make sure I did at least something for the wolves before I would die.

I recieved 4 claims, two Jackson claims and two Caligula claims. FSM told me he didn't sent in a PM to jub, but jub revealed his PM from Jackson, so I was certain that FSM wasn't Jackson. Sheikah did reveal his PM to jub, but didn't screenshot it untill the end of the night, which was the point where I could trust him.

Kman than sent me a message saying that  he wolf'd verm, but didn't include the PM to jub. I had to ask him why he wolf'd verm and to show me the PM to jub, the fact that he didn't do that in the first place was a reason for me to think that he fake claimed. He said that he just forgot that FDR could guard verm, which made me even more suspicious of him. Also his fake claim was very short, which could mean that he could have easily faked it. Futhermore, jub said that he recieved very convincing wolf claims, but I wouldn't say that Kman's claim was very convincing.

Than Bubbles sent me a PM, saying that she was Caligula. Being a new player, it's more likely not to include directly what I asked from her. Also, after Verm was wolf'd, I allready suspected Bubbles from being a wolf due to her reaction after the wolfing. That would also give her a good reason to wolf verm. When I asked her for the PM to jub, she said that she didn't save the copy in her outbox (which is understeandable for a new player). Finaly, she gave me the role list, which matched the roles FSM sent me (I thought he did that so that I would reveal a wolf to him, which was more important for the human team than for the wolf team to know that Mashi was the seer, and shadow the brutal).

So, I'm sorry for not trusting you Kman.

A Final note: Bubbles, I won't accept ever again that you don't save coppies in your outbox as an excuse for not showing me a PM.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: davy on August 31, 2012, 03:11:01 AMA Final note: Bubbles, I won't accept ever again that you don't save coppies in your outbox as an excuse for not showing me a PM.
Actally, neither do I, seriously! :P

Mashi

The Wolves did make mistakes, davy.  We found two of them with our Catherine claim ploy (K-NiGhT, Kman96, and the_last_sheikah.  3 Wolves claiming the same Role!).  Had they claimed earlier (so that the plan couldn't have been employed), the game would have been drastically different, since we would have had all the Wolves as counterclaimers.

Claiming to Jub3r7 was a mistake, for example.  With it, I was able to ascertain Kman96, K-NiGhT, and the_last_sheikah's Roles (which was very important because if we didn't lynch the Brutal Wolf last, we would lose automatically) through the Roles he stated were claimed to him.  I was able to determine from his PMs that K-NiGhT was Henry VIII, Kman96 was Caligula (after having seered him Red), and the_last_sheikah through the diction of the Andrew Jackson message.

Kman96 garnered suspicion when he claimed that he received the Brutal power, K-NiGhT garnered suspicion by being so hesitant to claim (we had to wait until vermilionvermin was dead until it occurred!), the_last_sheikah garnered suspicion when I analysed Jub3r7's Andrew Jackson PM, and you also garnered suspicion for counterclaiming FSM-Reapr.  Not everything done was a major mistake, but they all added up.

I don't think that it was so much that the game was unbalanced, but that victory was on a string.  The Humans won, but only by a bit (it may seem like we steamrolled, but it took a lot of effort for vermilionvermin to strategically find the Wolves and for me to determine their Roles.  We were both quite stressed!).  Had the Wolves won, it also would have been by a bit.  You had me yield with your Stalin claiming ploy, after all!

Bubbles

Quote from: davy on August 31, 2012, 03:11:01 AMA Final note: Bubbles, I won't accept ever again that you don't save coppies in your outbox as an excuse for not showing me a PM.

At least I wasn't lying :-\ I really don't save my messages

Mashi

It's okay, Bubz!  All the cool Players forget to save their messages!!!

Bubbles