News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Politics

Started by spitllama, September 05, 2012, 07:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Distracting from the anti semite, here's an interesting site and an interesting article.
The site is conservapedia, created because wikipedia "had too much of a liberal bias" (y'know, with all those facts and all that data).
The page on climate change is especially interesting.
"The global warming theory is the liberal hoax that the world is becoming dangerously warmer due to the emission of greenhouse gases, such as carbon dioxide, methane, and nitrous oxide. Liberals have used the theory of man-made global warming to seek rationing by government of life-saving energy production and consumption."
what is shitpost

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: ThatGamer on September 07, 2015, 03:05:09 PM*holds up swastika*

Heil Hitler
fyi, this is bannable, so don't do that.

me irl
[close]

ThatGamer

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on September 07, 2015, 03:32:35 PMfyi, this is bannable, so don't do that.

Well blue's the one that told me to start an argument...

Just out of curiosity, even if I was being serious(which i wasn't), why can't we have our own religions\beliefs? I mean, surely someone here likes hitler...
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Maelstrom

Quote from: ThatGamer on September 07, 2015, 03:36:02 PMJust out of curiosity, even if I was being serious(which i wasn't), why can't we have our own religions\beliefs? I mean, surely someone here likes hitler...
You can. But saying you support a man who caused the murder of innocent millions just because of their race/religious beliefs is not acceptable in any way.

KefkaticFanatic

You can, but there's no freedom of speech on a private web forum.  We won't be harboring that kind of scum here.

me irl
[close]

FireArrow

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on September 07, 2015, 03:07:37 PMDistracting from the anti semite, here's an interesting site and an interesting article.
The site is conservapedia, created because wikipedia "had too much of a liberal bias" (y'know, with all those facts and all that data).
The page on climate change is especially interesting.
"The global warming theory is the liberal hoax that the world is becoming dangerously warmer due to the emission of greenhouse gases, such as carbon dioxide, methane, and nitrous oxide. Liberals have used the theory of man-made global warming to seek rationing by government of life-saving energy production and consumption."

If anything uses the word conservative or liberal in its argument, you know it probably isn't legit.

Quote from: blueflower999 on September 07, 2015, 03:02:26 PMIn that case, just say something that isn't politically correct and watch the fireworks.

Political correctness can be taken too far, but it exists for a reason. We don't want to end up like this:
Spoiler
[close]

EDIT: The lovely source.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

ThatGamer

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on September 07, 2015, 03:43:46 PMYou can, but there's no freedom of speech on a private web forum.  We won't be harboring that kind of scum here.

I see. Well good thing I'm agnostic\protestant and not...Hitlerist? Or whatever the hell it is...
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Altissimo

Quote from: ThatGamer on September 07, 2015, 04:02:58 PMI see. Well good thing I'm agnostic\protestant and not...Hitlerist? Or whatever the hell it is...

... Hitler is not a religion wtf

Oasis

@Altissimo and @ThatGamer: Although, Hitler might be Christian. No one is exactly sure, though I highly doubt it.
"I set my ATM card's number to "0001" because I'm number one!"
Altissimo

what does hitler's religion have to do with anything
what does hitler have to do with anything

ThatGamer

Quote from: Oasis on September 07, 2015, 04:13:50 PM@Altissimo and @ThatGamer: Although, Hitler might be Christian. No one is exactly sure, though I highly doubt it.

Doubt it. Pretty sure hitler was Satist.

Quote from: Altissimo on September 07, 2015, 04:15:24 PMwhat does hitler's religion have to do with anything
what does hitler have to do with anything

i don't know lolol

Dude

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Just for the record, Hitler was a Roman Catholic, mentioned God multiples time in Mein Kampf (including saying that he believed "by fighting the jews I'm doing the lord's work"), and had the german phrase of "God be with us" on every Nazi knife and belt. Most of Nazi Germany was Catholic (something like 90% of Nazi officers were), so this isn't surprising, nor does it make Catholicism bad for that reason (I still take issue with Catholicism for other reasons but not because Hitler was catholic).
Also, TG, you're agnostic and Protestant at the same time? How exactly does that work?
what is shitpost

Altissimo

Oasis

@Altissimo: Pretty sure she meant sadist.
"I set my ATM card's number to "0001" because I'm number one!"