News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

Politics

Started by spitllama, September 05, 2012, 07:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireArrow

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 08, 2015, 05:31:14 PMThis is where the issue gets complicated, though. Anybody (specifically referring to the earlier-mentioned "uptight" people) could be offended by anything. If you can thus define "offended" as applying to any situation, how can anybody disagree with you without purposefully offending you?

Because disagreeing with someone isn't offensive?

QuoteThe problem with what you said is that you're making a broad assumption that, with certainty, does not apply to the situation which I described in my earlier post, yet you are apparently assuming it does, and does so in every situation, or at least the majority of situations.

You have yet to point out how it doesn't. Rather, you decided to post a picture.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FireArrow on September 08, 2015, 05:47:51 PMBecause disagreeing with someone isn't offensive?
...no? At least, not inherently.

QuoteYou have yet to point out how it doesn't. Rather, you decided to post a picture.
You are making an assumption about a situation where it has clearly been stated to be contradictory, hence my response. There doesn't need to be any "explanation" because your statement was entirely inapplicable to the situation.

EDIT: To elaborate...
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 08, 2015, 04:27:12 PMMost of the times I hear it is about people being stringently uptight about "offensive" things (in quotes for a reason).
Quote from: FireArrow on September 08, 2015, 04:59:10 PMOf course, their reason for calling someone out on being "too sensitive" is usually selfish and conceited.
My post was specifically referring to its usage in a situation where using it is not "selfish and conceited," yet you brought it up when referring to the situation which I stated. Also the term "too sensitive" is loaded language in this specific case, but that's a different story and not entirely relevant to the main point.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FireArrow

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 08, 2015, 05:51:24 PM...no? At least, not inherently.

...so I'm right?

QuoteYou are making an assumption about a situation where it has clearly been stated to be contradictory, hence my response. There doesn't need to be any "explanation" because your statement was entirely inapplicable to the situation.

Whatever you're trying to prove you win. Now can we get back on the topic about political correctness and give me a counter argument that isn't in .jpg format.

mikey

Quote from: FireArrow on September 08, 2015, 06:00:27 PMWhatever you're trying to prove you win. Now can we get back on the topic about political correctness and give me a counter argument that isn't in .jpg format.
he's gonna go get a BMP
unmotivated

blueflower999

where's bds with his gif
Bulbear! Blueflower999

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FireArrow on September 08, 2015, 06:00:27 PM...so I'm right?
No.

QuoteWhatever you're trying to prove you win. Now can we get back on the topic about political correctness and give me a counter argument that isn't in .jpg format.
I clarified in the edit to my post. I don't have anything to "counter" because my whole statement was encased in my original post (thus the statement itself could be considered a counter to your response :P). Your statement was inapplicable to my statement, hence my "facepalm picture" response. If you're intentionally being inflammatory to provoke a response, then, well, I guess you did?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

I vote everyone is a dickbutt and gets banned
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FireArrow

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: blueflower999 on September 08, 2015, 05:13:50 PMthat's what everyone on the left does to the entire Republican party.

Literally all of the prominent members are hilariously over the top right wing (like how every single republican candidate opposes gay marriage in one way or another), so it's a bit of a different story.  There's at least some variety in both social and economic views with many popular left wing individuals, while right wing may have some economic and policy variety, their social block, at least in the ones that get all of the media attention, is straight outta medieval europe.

me irl
[close]

mikey

yeah, blue is extremely conservative, and I like to make fun of him for it
unmotivated

Dude

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 08, 2015, 09:48:12 PMI like to make fun of him for it
yeah, I like to take people's words and turn them into personal attacks when they were never intended to be

blueflower999

For those who might not be paying attention, there's a debate tomorrow night on CNN (at the Reagan library!). The minor debate starts at 3 PM Pacific time (6 PM EST), and will include our friends Lindsey Graham, Bobby Jindal, George Pataki, and Rick Santorum. Jim Gilmore was not invited as he did not poll well enough recently. Also, Rick Perry, the governor of Texas, has dropped out.

At 5 PM Pacific time (8PM EST), immediately following the minor debate, will be the major debate between the Top 11 candidates, essentially the previous Top 10 on the Fox News debate last month plus Carly Fiorina. It promises to be a fun time.

Also, while doing some research I found this really interesting article on Yahoo about Bernie Sanders and Ben Carson. Should be an interesting read for people on both sides of the political spectrum.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

TheInsidiousSpurt

Thanks Blueflower. I might tune in.

FireArrow

Quote from: blueflower999 on September 15, 2015, 01:58:58 PMAlso, while doing some research I found this really interesting article on Yahoo about Bernie Sanders and Ben Carson. Should be an interesting read for people on both sides of the political spectrum.

It just looks like a well worded "Vote for Ben Carson" article with a touch of "conservatives are pretty amazing ya'know, and the amazing ones are the ones that vote for Ben Carson."

blueflower999

Quote from: FireArrow on September 15, 2015, 05:14:48 PMIt just looks like a well worded "Vote for Ben Carson" article with a touch of "conservatives are pretty amazing ya'know, and the amazing ones are the ones that vote for Ben Carson."
Except I don't think that's what its intention was. It pointed out good things and flaws in both candidates. Plus I just thought it was interesting.
Bulbear! Blueflower999