News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

Politics

Started by spitllama, September 05, 2012, 07:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 28, 2015, 09:14:43 PMhe's not a politician either I thought he was a doctor
A retired neurosurgeon who's running for president because conservative logic.
what is shitpost

Dudeman

So apparently only politicians can become president now? I don't remember reading that in the Constitution....
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Pianist Da Sootopolis

No, but you're supposed to be, oh.. what's that word....
Qualified.
what is shitpost

MaestroUGC

If all it takes to be President is just be a politician, then at least half the world is qualified given the track record of most politicians.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

mikey

Quote from: Dudeman on September 29, 2015, 04:31:21 PMSo apparently only politicians can become president now? I don't remember reading that in the Constitution....
Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on September 29, 2015, 04:39:39 PMQualified.
someone who doesn't have multiple degrees in law and history and all that stupid boring crap shouldn't have a political position
unmotivated

FireArrow

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on September 29, 2015, 04:39:39 PMNo, but you're supposed to be, oh.. what's that word....
Qualified.
Quote from: Dudeman on September 29, 2015, 04:31:21 PMSo apparently only politicians can become president now? I don't remember reading that in the Constitution....
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 29, 2015, 04:56:49 PMsomeone who doesn't have multiple degrees in law and history and all that stupid boring crap shouldn't have a political position

Seriously guys?

By virtue of running for president he's a politician. No, that doesn't mean he isn't a doctor.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FireArrow on September 29, 2015, 05:53:46 PMSeriously guys?

By virtue of running for president he's a politician. No, that doesn't mean he isn't a doctor.
"Politician" used in this connotation usually refers to someone solely involved in politics, as in these definitions:
Quote1 :  a person experienced in the art or science of government; especially :  one actively engaged in conducting the business of a government
a :  a person engaged in party politics as a profession
b :  a person primarily interested in political office for selfish or other narrow usually short-sighted reasons
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FireArrow

Please explain to me how running for president isn't included under that definition.

QuoteA politician (from Classical Greek πόλις, "polis") is a person holding or seeking an office within a government, usually by means of an election, voted for either by people or by a definitive group in the government. Politicians propose, support and create laws or policies that govern the land and, by extension, its people. Broadly speaking, a "politician" can be anyone who seeks to achieve political power in any bureaucratic institution where the ranks are awarded by the kind of support the person has.
QuotePoliticians are people who are politically active, especially in party politics. They are people holding or seeking political office whether elected or appointed, professionally or otherwise. Positions range from local offices to executive, legislative and judicial offices of state and national governments.[1][2] Some law enforcement officers, such as sheriffs, are considered politicians.

We aren't talking about two different words here, you're just using concise definitions to leave a larger margin of interpretation. If you want to argue that you have to hold an office before you can be a politician, be my guest. As far as I'm concerned, all it takes is running for one.

Ruto

Quote from: blueflowerderp

Lol I thought Catholics recognize the pope with some authority. Btw the pope says evolution is real and so is climate change. He also has a master's degree in chemistry, so I would give him the microphone when it comes to science.

Quote from: blueflower999 on September 26, 2015, 10:12:10 PMI mean do I need to specify that I lean right before making my posts? The left-leaning people on this forum certainly present their opinions as factual a lot more than I do.  :P

You haven't cited ANY sources for your crazy beliefs, and I picked RS because it's easy enough for teenagers to understand. You can read the NYT or New Yorker if you feel like a big kid. The problem is that you refuse to read anything that disagrees with you, even facts.

I've heard things about Kim Davis being a Democrat and it has nothing to do with her having any ideas aligning with the party's. Some reasons I heard were 1) her mother was one 2) she lived in one of the more liberal towns in KY so she could have been doing it for the votes. I've been in a booth and I would be lying if I knew everyone on the ballot. Since the gay men were denied a marriage license by her had voted for her, it's likely they didn't know her and assumed she was the lesser of two evils.

Quote from: blueflower999 on September 26, 2015, 10:39:58 PMBut she is [a politician]. At least I'm pretty sure she is. She was elected to hold an office as a county clerk in Kentucky, doesn't that make her a politician?

She is an ELECTED OFFICIAL, elected to uphold the law and do some paperwork. Which she refuses to do.

Quote from: blueflower999 on September 26, 2015, 10:39:58 PMKim Davis isn't a member of Congress:P

This makes her NOT a politician. She neither makes the law, nor does she get to choose which ones to carry out. She's a paperwork grunt and her ego is too big for her to understand that. How can you lecture people about politics and not know the difference yourself?

Quote from: FireArrow on September 26, 2015, 10:33:11 PMBy that logic I'd register as republican so I can try and make sure the least "redneck" candidate makes it to the end.

Know someone who does this to vote in the Republican primaries.

@whoever used the CNS link
CNS is unreliable, just like any news network that has a conservative political affiliation with their name. You can see that their math completely did not add up.

---

Hey, let's get back to the evils of feeding the poor, St. Blueflower. $125 per person is a total handout because they adults with children don't deserve to eat. By the way, most of these programs are made to feed hungry CHILDREN. Are you seriously going to tell them to stop eating? I spend $40 for groceries in a week and I'm the size of a 12 year old. $125 is chicken scratch. It's funny that you use the argument, "a developing country would kill for this." WE ARE NOT A DEVELOPING COUNTRY. It's like telling your kids to eat their spinach because there's a starving kid in Africa. It isn't really a good argument.

If you don't pay taxes and stash tons of it overseas, you have a lot to do with how the government is getting revenue. I can tell you the reason why people in China are more hesitant to invest in business, it's because their money can vanish overnight, and they don't have any program that federally backs them in case of that kind of catastrophic loss. For example, the FDIC here for the average person.

The severance pay for Carly Fiorina has nothing to do with the government, HP paid that. It's funny to think that if you were right, the government did indeed bail out the average worker while Fiorina made off with the loot (from HP). But let's talk more about your worship of the rich.

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on September 25, 2015, 08:33:59 AMConservatives like him because of his STOP THE DAMN REDS WITH THE POWAH OF JESUS speakings, not anything to do with his actual policies.  His views are hilariously out of line with all of the leading conservative agendas at present.

Oh yes, the religion and capitalism thing, the fuel for the gullible. Doesn't that show it's really a thing?

Also Ben Carson said God gave him the answers to his chemistry exam for an interview. This guy is deluded and his professor did what all professors did; recycle his exam questions and keep everyone on their toes all semester.

@Dude
Hey, I said that first, on Skype D: But I'll let you have it because you made it sound funny.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

mikey

Quote from: Ruto on September 29, 2015, 07:57:10 PMLol I thought Catholics recognize the pope with some authority. Btw the pope says evolution is real and so is climate change. He also has a master's degree in chemistry, so I would give him the microphone when it comes to science.

but don't catholics believe in creationism
so we shouldn't listen to the pope anyway
unmotivated

FireArrow

Quote from: Ruto on September 29, 2015, 07:57:10 PMAlso Ben Carson said God gave him the answers to his chemistry exam for an interview. This guy is deluded and his professor did what all professors did; recycle his exam questions and keep everyone on their toes all semester.

Ewwwwwww. Honestly, that alone convinced me not to vote for him. If god can't help Africa because of his "ultimate mysterious plan", then why the hell should he help you on a chemistry test?

Ugh, I'm just imagining him doing weird ass stuff in office because "god told him to." I had a lot of respect for him before too :P.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 29, 2015, 08:01:54 PMbut don't catholics believe in creationism
so we shouldn't listen to the pope anyway

Catholics who claim to know more about biology than biology majors because theology trumps everything? That's stupid.
Catholics who claim to know more about biology than biology majors and more about theology than the pope because "that's what Catholics believe"? Wat.

Dude

Omg guys I found this picture that perfectly describes Ruto's post to blue

mikey

Quote from: Dude on September 29, 2015, 11:54:34 PM
dying
I'm literally sitting here coughing my lungs out cause I'm sick and I might be dying
unmotivated

Ruto

Quote from: FireArrow on September 29, 2015, 08:57:29 PMEwwwwwww. Honestly, that alone convinced me not to vote for him. If god can't help Africa because of his "ultimate mysterious plan", then why the hell should he help you on a chemistry test?

Ugh, I'm just imagining him doing weird ass stuff in office because "god told him to." I had a lot of respect for him before too :P.

Oh yeah. It's pretty disturbing to think this guy was a surgeon, but he probably would have a whole team restrain him if he started doing cuckoo stuff on a patient. I know about his background, but even more about how he thinks America should remove the programs that helped him succeed in the first place. Like pulling up the ladder after he climbs it.

Also this comment:
"I think I know the exact day this happened!  I was studying for a very important life-changing test too that night, and I asked for help.  God said, shut up, I'm helping Ben Carson and can't do everything.  You know what's it's like everyone calling you every night asking for help?  Well, God does work in mysterious ways.  Damn you Ben Carson, because of you, I now work at Burger King."

Quote from: Dude on September 29, 2015, 11:54:34 PMOmg guys I found this picture that perfectly describes Ruto's post to blue
Spoiler
[close]

Well...XD

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Sebastian

Quote from: Ruto on September 29, 2015, 07:57:10 PMLol I thought Catholics recognize the pope with some authority. Btw the pope says evolution is real and so is climate change. He also has a master's degree in chemistry, so I would give him the microphone when it comes to science.
This is actually very poor logic. I know multiple Creationists with PhDs in Chemistry, Science, you name it.