News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

Politics

Started by spitllama, September 05, 2012, 07:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on August 08, 2016, 06:31:33 PMI wouldn't really call that "too far left", that's just pandering to the moron vote
By hinting at positions that are too far left. The Anti-Vax and Anti-GMO movements alike (the latter of which I don't know Stein's position on, however) are both examples of liberals denying science (much like how many Republicans deny climate change and evolution despite them being scientific fact).
She outright said that she isn't against vaccines, but what you said is exactly the problem; she's pandering to the new age/hippy crowd who believe that alternative medicine is great and natural remedies made from a coconut oil base solves everything.
The wifi remark was also fairly serious as far as I can tell, and someone who's that misinformed (especially for a doctor) isn't getting my vote, unless Hillary Clinton goes even farther neo con than I can handle.
what is shitpost

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost

Pianist Da Sootopolis

England and Wales just banned "zombie knives".
What the hell?
what is shitpost

BrainyLucario

Zombie knife? Why would someone need that?
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: BrainyLucario on August 22, 2016, 06:32:13 PMZombie knife? Why would someone need that?
It's any kind of knife with "zombie" inspired design or intent....
With very little actual specification:
(From BBC News)
"- There is no specific shape or style, but they are very ornate and intended to shock
- In varying lengths and often with a serrated edge, the knives carry logos or words that glamorise and promote violence
- They can cause greater damage due to their size
- They are being sold as collectors' items online and in some shops"

Weird how they say "no specific shape or style", followed by "they cause greater damage due to their size".

Just a senseless weapon ban, that's all.
what is shitpost

EFitTrainr

People getting pissed off over Colin Kaepernick is the most aggraviting thing.

Colin Kaepernick did nothing wrong. He's peacefully protesting something he sees as an injustice and he is well within his right as an American citizen to do so.
One of the great things about America is we're not a totalitarian society where people are forced to stand for a song and a banner.
If you're going to be outraged about an injustice, how about the Pentagon "losing track of" over 6 billion dollars?
How about Hillary Clinton deleting all those emails and hindering a federal investigation and still being eligible for office?
What about Donald Trump's unwillingness to release tax returns?
This is my first presidential election I am eligible to vote for and both choices are shit. Our country is in more debt than ever before. An oil company is attacking native american people to try to steal their land, and you're pissed off about a man protesting injustices because you think it's just super disrespectful to your country's special song? Well, wake up and smell the shit, because America isn't fucking great. Get your head out of your ass and maybe get pissed over something worth being pissed about.
I like food.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Definitely.
Forced patriotism is for North Korea.
what is shitpost

Bloop

can i sneak up in this topic i usually don't even think about

There's a chance that an opt-out system for organ donation will be implemented in The Netherlands.
So all individuals above the age of 18 will receive a letter asking if they want to be an organ donor. If this individual doesn't respond after some time/multiple letters, he/she will be registered as an organ donor automatically. This can still be changed into an "I don't want to be a donor", of course.
The bill was accepted with 75 voters for and 74 against the proposition.

For some reason I like talking about this subject, because I'm kinda interested in why people are against the idea. Personally, I'm all for it.

JDMEK5

Ooh. Wow. Sounds fine to me.. as long as everyone is aware of it. A letter in the mail telling me to hand over a kidney would kinda ruin my day if I wasn't expecting it.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

EFitTrainr

Isn't it referring to posthumous donation?
I like food.

FireArrow

America has a pretty big issue with organ donor shortages and it's entirely because we have an opt-in versus an opt-out system. Most people are lazy and pick the option that requires the least amount of work.

There's also the option of only giving organ transplants to those who've registered to donate. :3

Quote from: shadowkirby on September 13, 2016, 02:29:14 PMIsn't it referring to posthumous donation?

Yeah I'm pretty sure.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Maelstrom

A decent ammount don't do it because they can't specify what race or ethnicity their organs will or wont't go to. It's rather sad.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 13, 2016, 11:59:12 AMA letter in the mail telling me to hand over a kidney would kinda ruin my day if I wasn't expecting it.
Not really. You'd be dead.
@Bloop My issue with it is that it makes the default be not participating in a program that's objectively beneficial.
what is shitpost

FireArrow

Quote from: Maelstrom on September 13, 2016, 02:44:39 PMA decent ammount don't do it because they can't specify what race or ethnicity their organs will or wont't go to. It's rather sad.

Are people so stuck up that they'd be willing to let people of other races die because they don't want "interracial" organ donations?
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department