Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinte Labrinth

Started by Clanker37, September 13, 2012, 02:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bespinben

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 05, 2012, 11:34:09 AMPossibly new towns, unrelated to older ones?
Quote from: Bespinben on October 04, 2012, 10:34:04 PMSo, in other words, the town in the game functions as an intermediary for travelers/explorers/rescue teams. Does this mean there might be other towns in the game, with their own respective guilds?

That's what I was getting at. In fact, I don't think it would be out of the question to think there might be 2 other towns, each with another member of the legendary musketeers as the guild master thereof.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Bubbles

AHH NEW INFO

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Basically it says that:
Kyurem, Lugia and Ho-Oh play a big part in the game's storyline (<3).
The main place in the game is the "Pokemon Paradise", (possibly another name for Post Town?).
You are able to modify the town to however you like throughout the game, (idk what that exactly means.)
Scraggy is the move deleter/learner
Azumarill runs the mission board, like Dugtrio in Explorers of Time.
Quagsire is the new Chimecho, running the recruited friends departmen
A new station run by Pansage allows you to grow berries to use.
Emolga and Dunsparce are said to be "best friends", so Im assuming theyre characters like Bidoof (sorry, theyre not evil :P)

Then theres the bunch of stuff I dont understand.
Victini runs a station called "V-Roulette" where you can get higher ranked Pokemon through "V-Wave".
Beartic runs a minigame but theres no specifics on what the purpose of that is
Something called an "Everyone Attack" where all the teams "heart beams" are collected (and Im assuming gets projected at the enemy)
Theres things called "Team Skills" but theres no info on those

Now Im more excited :D But I still want to know how the face scanning ting works

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Clanker37

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on October 13, 2012, 08:47:48 AMAHH NEW INFO

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Basically it says that:
Kyurem, Lugia and Ho-Oh play a big part in the game's storyline (<3).
YUS! Interesting that they're using Lugia and Ho-Oh not the 5th gen legendaries
Quote from: Bubbles7689 on October 13, 2012, 08:47:48 AMThe main place in the game is the "Pokemon Paradise", (possibly another name for Post Town?).
You are able to modify the town to however you like throughout the game, (idk what that exactly means.)
Scraggy is the move deleter/learner
Azumarill runs the mission board, like Dugtrio in Explorers of Time.
A new station run by Pansage allows you to grow berries to use.
Emolga and Dunsparce are said to be "best friends", so Im assuming theyre characters like Bidoof (sorry, theyre not evil :P)Beartic runs a minigame but theres no specifics on what the purpose of that is
Interesting.
Quote from: Bubbles7689 on October 13, 2012, 08:47:48 AMQuagsire is the new Chimecho, running the recruited friends departmen
Does this mean no Friend Areas? D: The one thing I found bad about PMD2 was that you couldn't stomp into town as Dialga. And your partner followed you EVERYWHERE >:I
Quote from: Bubbles7689 on October 13, 2012, 08:47:48 AMVictini runs a station called "V-Roulette" where you can get higher ranked Pokemon through "V-Wave".
Something called an "Everyone Attack" where all the teams "heart beams" are collected (and Im assuming gets projected at the enemy)
Theres things called "Team Skills" but theres no info on those
This sounds like the classic 'YOU ALL LOVE POKEMON!' thing from Game Freak. E.g N and Colress saying you have wonderful relations with your Pokemon in BW/2. etc. etc. Sounds like it'll be like, "OH LOL YOU ALL LOVE YOUR PARTNERS! NOW YOUR LOVE SHALL COMBINE! WOOO! :D' making us more overpowered than we need to.

Bespinben

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on October 13, 2012, 08:47:48 AMSomething called an "Everyone Attack" where all the teams "heart beams" are collected (and Im assuming gets projected at the enemy)
Quote from: Clanker37 on October 13, 2012, 10:16:04 PMThis sounds like the classic 'YOU ALL LOVE POKEMON!' thing from Game Freak. E.g N and Colress saying you have wonderful relations with your Pokemon in BW/2. etc. etc. Sounds like it'll be like, "OH LOL YOU ALL LOVE YOUR PARTNERS! NOW YOUR LOVE SHALL COMBINE! WOOO! :D' making us more overpowered than we need to.

Well sure, when you put it that way Clanker, it does sound kinda cheesy, but just look how epic it is!

Bespinben

Btw, I find the new Rescue/Exploration Team Badge's new design quite intriguing:

Overall, the design is fairly similar to the badges of PMD2, but notice the strange rings surrounding the center of the badge? I wonder what significance this might hold...

Clanker37

Quote from: Bespinben on October 15, 2012, 01:27:57 AMOverall, the design is fairly similar to the badges of PMD2, but notice the strange rings surrounding the center of the badge? I wonder what significance this might hold...
Perhaps they're where badges go? So when you beat the boss or pass a signifigant part of the game sombody's like, "Hurray you saved us! Here have this badge! IT WILL INCREASE YOUR LOVE! :D" or something like that.

November

This game is looking fantastic so far! Although I'm a bit apprehensive of all of the story-important legendaries/pseudo-legendaries in it (Kyurem, Keldeo, Lugia, Ho-oh, presumably Vizirion and perhaps the other two muskedeers, Hydreigon, possibly Victini).

Also, it says that the game will be around 1 GB. I'm not entirely sure how that compares to the others, or even how important it is at all.

Bespinben

Quote from: November on October 15, 2012, 08:34:07 PMAlso, it says that the game will be around 1 GB. I'm not entirely sure how that compares to the others, or even how important it is at all.

The fact that PMD 3DS is a game of 1GB size means that it has quite a bit of data compared to most 3DS titles, more so even than Mario Kart 7. The point? They put a significant amount of work into the game, and perhaps the world itself is fairly large and expansive. Maybe we'll even get to go more places than just randomly generated dungeons and the hub town.

Metal Gear Solid 3D - 3.24
Resident Evil: Revelations - 3.17
Monster Hunter 3G - 1.77
The Amazing Spider-Man - 1.62
Kid Icarus: Uprising - 1.61
Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure - 1.53
Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights - 1.43
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles - 1.43
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D - 0.67
Sonic Generations - 0.67
Mario Kart 7 - 0.66
Star Fox 64 3D - 0.63
Heroes of Ruin - 0.50
The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time 3D - 0.47
Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars - 0.47
Cave Story 3D - 0.47
Nintendogs + Cats - 0.46
Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games - 0.46
Asphalt 3D - 0.44
New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 0.37
Crush 3D - 0.35
Pokemon Rumble Blast - 0.33
Super Mario 3D Land - 0.31
Bit Trip Saga - 0.31
Mario Tennis Open - 0.29
Super Monkey Ball 3D - 0.22
Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars - 0.22
Rayman Origins - 0.21
Demon Training - 0.20
Rayman 3D - 0.19
Steel Diver - 0.18
Pilotwings Resort - 0.10
Shifting World - 0.05

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

Makes me wonder how much data Layton will be. I'll get the hard copy either way, but I'm wondering now.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

November

Quote from: Bespinben on October 15, 2012, 09:20:16 PMBesbinben's long list

Wow, that's fantastic. I didn't know how it compared - it's looking up to be a great game c:

Bubbles

Pokemon rumble blast was only .33 GB? Oh man, this game is going to be amazing :D