News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire Remake Theory thread/shadowkirby beats slow to it

Started by EFitTrainr, October 18, 2012, 04:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EFitTrainr

I like food.

Nebbles

okay let's continue theorizing and discussing :o

If they DID remake RS... what would be added to it?
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nebbles

JDMEK5

Quote from: Nebbles on October 18, 2012, 05:42:44 PMIf they DID remake RS... what would be added to it?
The super-expanded unova-inclusive pokedex. That would be pretty cool.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Cobraroll

I still can't understand why they first nerfed then removed the Secret Bases. It's easily my most wanted feature to return to a Pokémon game. Your own, customisable place to stay wherever you want in the entire region? Yes, please! If only we could have stuff like a healing machine (or a bed, what have you) or a PC in it, it would be golden. Other games might have given you a place to stay as you'd like, somewhere to govern as your own, but you couldn't choose where to put it yourself.

Plus the "rebattling friends for EXP." thing. That was pretty sweet.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

the_last_sheikah

I agree with more secret bases, but here's what I not excited to see, Black and White version graphics.  Remember how annoying the camera angle in castelia city was?  I personally think the new character models for NPCs are lame.  The battle graphics are fine, but look way to pixilated on the pokemon you are using.

What else don't I want to see?  Seasons better stay away from Hoenn.  Seasons sucked in B/W, and I'm not sure if they are any better in B2/W2, and I don't want a stupid mechanic ruining my favorite gen.  Also multiple use TMs.  Being able to give all of you pokemon hyperbeam and return without being charged for it takes a lot of strategy away from casual teams.

What do I want to see back?  The original pokemon contests for sure.  I don't know about you guys, but I loved the pokemon contests in Ruby and Saphire.  Emerald was fine, but I liked having to go from town to town to compete, also by the time you get to the contest hall in emerald, all of your pokemon are most likely fully evolved and not designed for contests.  I also hope for the original Battle frontier to return.  There was just so much to do, and now that they know the problems it had, they can fix them and make the best Battle frontier yet.

What should they add?  3D cutscenes.  Imagine, Kyoge or Groudon awakening and going on a rampage in beautiful 3D models.  If not, at least anime style cutscenes.  Maybe they should add some more to the post game besides Battle Frontier and the battle with Steven too.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Yugi

Nebbles

Why not seasons? Hoenn is the most nature oriented region! Given it wouldn't get proper winters, being a tropical island... and I think the BW graphics would be amazing. I'm not sure what else they would do really.

But I do want the original secret bases back.

the_last_sheikah

Quote from: Nebbles on November 02, 2012, 05:18:05 PMWhy not seasons? Hoenn is the most nature oriented region! Given it wouldn't get proper winters, being a tropical island... and I think the BW graphics would be amazing. I'm not sure what else they would do really.

But I do want the original secret bases back.
They don't do much for the game, and they take SOOOO long to change.  I can beat a game in under a month, so why make me come back 2 months after I beat the game to get some item you can only get in winter if I've already beaten it? If they can fix them and make them worth it, then fine, but also like you said, Hoenn is a tropical island, it doesn't snow, it rains or is sunny on certain routes for a reason, changing would take away from the atmosphere of the game.  For the graphics I just want them not to use odd camera angles or overly pixelated models.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Nebbles

I doubt it, since Hoenn didn't have a winding city like Castelia. I think it can utilize the BW graphics very, very well.

Shadoninja

Quote from: the_last_sheikah on November 02, 2012, 04:44:12 PMAlso multiple use TMs.  Being able to give all of you pokemon hyperbeam and return without being charged for it takes a lot of strategy away from casual teams.
I don't see how it takes away strategy. If you're unprepared for moves like return, you're doing it wrong.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Shadoninja on November 03, 2012, 08:13:10 PMI don't see how it takes away strategy. If you're unprepared for moves like return, you're doing it wrong.

I agree, multi-use TMs was the single best new feature from BW as far as competitive battling goes.

Quote from: the_last_sheikah on November 02, 2012, 04:44:12 PMI agree with more secret bases, but here's what I not excited to see, Black and White version graphics.  Remember how annoying the camera angle in castelia city was?  I personally think the new character models for NPCs are lame.  The battle graphics are fine, but look way to pixilated on the pokemon you are using.

What else don't I want to see?  Seasons better stay away from Hoenn.  Seasons sucked in B/W, and I'm not sure if they are any better in B2/W2, and I don't want a stupid mechanic ruining my favorite gen.  Also multiple use TMs.  Being able to give all of you pokemon hyperbeam and return without being charged for it takes a lot of strategy away from casual teams.

What do I want to see back?  The original pokemon contests for sure.  I don't know about you guys, but I loved the pokemon contests in Ruby and Saphire.  Emerald was fine, but I liked having to go from town to town to compete, also by the time you get to the contest hall in emerald, all of your pokemon are most likely fully evolved and not designed for contests.  I also hope for the original Battle frontier to return.  There was just so much to do, and now that they know the problems it had, they can fix them and make the best Battle frontier yet.

What should they add?  3D cutscenes.  Imagine, Kyoge or Groudon awakening and going on a rampage in beautiful 3D models.  If not, at least anime style cutscenes.  Maybe they should add some more to the post game besides Battle Frontier and the battle with Steven too.
I didn't find the camera annoying in Castelia City or other areas like Skyarrow Bridge. The secret bases weren't all that amazing. The 2D pixelated style of your Pokemon definitely fits the series better than a 3D model would.

I agree with seasons. Definitely a sucky contribution in BW beyond some clever aesthetics and gimmicky things like Undella Town and Twist Mountain. It felt more realistic and less forced having Pokemon appear at different times of the day in HGSS and DPP, it sucks that the day/night exclusives were removed and season exclusives placed in their stead. Plus, it's weird playing in February and having the game say it's summer. It might be better if the season matched the real life season (a la Animal Crossing).

I'm sure Pokemon Contests would make a return. I just hope they would keep them as they were in RSE. (There's such a thing as trying too hard, Game Freak.) I'm also sure 3D cutscenes would be included, as they have been in HeartGold, SoulSilver, Black, White, Black 2 and White 2.

Personally I'm hoping for soundtrack remixes a la HeartGold SoulSilver--do way different things with the music in some cases, but make a GB Sounds sort of item. Of course, a high quality carbon copy  like FireRed and LeafGreen did wouldn't be that bad.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles