Sebastian's Arrangement Library

Started by Sebastian, October 19, 2012, 08:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you see this?

Yes
Yes

NasiDe

Was looking back a couple pages and saw the The of the Shadow Sirens but someone suggested an edit that you said you'd work on. Haven't seen it updated though so I thought I should mention that.

Looking forward to hearing more songs. Really enjoying playing a lot of these, and especially like the update to the Doopliss Battle sheets.

Sebastian

Thanks for the reminder and encouragement :) :)

Sebastian

Smorgs Battle NEW!!!
[ZIP]

Wow, this one will really give your left hand a workout :)
Key right?

Maelstrom

I'll just list the keys and errors I see and you decide if a key change is necessary
Gm
5-6 A Harmonic minor (but starts on E -- called something werid)
7 should have naturals and flats
The key is actually be D harmonic Minor for at least 9-18
The 19 key change looks like E harmonic minor (or melodic)
And try to be more consistent with choosing sharps or flats. If the key is not changing, you should not have to use many of the other.

And this is not really the song that would make someone think, "Wow! This would make a great piano piece!" But you did a good job with it nevertheless. And there were a few note barring errors at the beginning and end, but you should be able to fix those pretty easily.

And how's my feedback coming? :P

Jompa

Quote from: maelstrom. on September 09, 2014, 05:12:05 PMI'll just list the keys and errors I see and you decide if a key change is necessary
Gm
5-6 A Harmonic minor (but starts on E -- called something werid)
7 should have naturals and flats
The key is actually be D harmonic Minor for at least 9-18
The 19 key change looks like E harmonic minor (or melodic)
And try to be more consistent with choosing sharps or flats. If the key is not changing, you should not have to use many of the other.

And this is not really the song that would make someone think, "Wow! This would make a great piano piece!" But you did a good job with it nevertheless. And there were a few note barring errors at the beginning and end, but you should be able to fix those pretty easily.

And how's my feedback coming? :P
Since you asked, you're pretty good at giving feedback, but some of the facts here are wrong.

I'd think of measures#1 through #8 as in G-dominant phrygian (in other words, should be notated as G-major), but the way measures#9 through #18 are clearly in G-phrygian (notated G-minor), I'd go for G-minor all the way from measures#1 through #18, and just think of the few B-naturals as exceptions to the key.
Despite what maelstrom said, there is never any A-harmonic minor, E-dominant phrygian or any D-harmonic minor here.

From measures#19 though #36, it's B-dominant phrygian (B-major). I don't know if the bass is really like that in the original (the way it doesn't follow the key signature at all).
Guessing E-harmonic minor like maelstrom did isn't too off-mark, as the two modes use the exact same notes, but this song has an extremely well established tonic for songs in dominant phrygian (which normally have a tendency to point us in the direction of the key on the subdominant - the key with this one as its dominant, which in this case is E-minor (thinking from it's dominant; we have B-dominant phrygian). But there is no hint of E-minor becoming the tonic at all. It's definitely B-dominant phrygian here until the repetition.
btw mlf, could it be the two D-flats in measure#19 should be D-sharps instead, and that you just typed wrong?
Birdo for Smash

Maelstrom

I was actually asking how MLF's promised feedback on my latest piece was coming as a reminder, not on the quality of my feedback. :P But thanks anyway.

Sebastian

Quote from: Jompa on September 10, 2014, 07:30:10 AMSince you asked, you're pretty good at giving feedback, but some of the facts here are wrong.

I'd think of measures#1 through #8 as in G-dominant phrygian (in other words, should be notated as G-major), but the way measures#9 through #18 are clearly in G-phrygian (notated G-minor), I'd go for G-minor all the way from measures#1 through #18, and just think of the few B-naturals as exceptions to the key.
Despite what maelstrom said, there is never any A-harmonic minor, E-dominant phrygian or any D-harmonic minor here.

From measures#19 though #36, it's B-dominant phrygian (B-major). I don't know if the bass is really like that in the original (the way it doesn't follow the key signature at all).
Guessing E-harmonic minor like maelstrom did isn't too off-mark, as the two modes use the exact same notes, but this song has an extremely well established tonic for songs in dominant phrygian (which normally have a tendency to point us in the direction of the key on the subdominant - the key with this one as its dominant, which in this case is E-minor (thinking from it's dominant; we have B-dominant phrygian). But there is no hint of E-minor becoming the tonic at all. It's definitely B-dominant phrygian here until the repetition.
btw mlf, could it be the two D-flats in measure#19 should be D-sharps instead, and that you just typed wrong?
Thanks and you might be right about that

Sebastian

Here We Go Again! NEW!!!
[ZIP]

Well, this is officially the last song I'm doing from Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door! (For a while anyway). I guess this finishes the arrangement project.....even though ALL the songs aren't done. I just did the main and most important tracks.

About the song, it's in 12/8 and I've only done 1 songs in 12/8 before so some of the beaming go notes might not be correct. So tell me if it's not so I can learn for the future :)

Jompa

Quote from: mariolegofan on September 10, 2014, 01:41:09 PMAbout the song, it's in 12/8 and I've only done 1 songs in 12/8 before so some of the beaming go notes might not be correct. So tell me if it's not so I can learn for the future :)
In the second measure the beaming should be "quarter - eighth - quarter - eighth tied with quarter - eighth - quarter - eighth" in the right hand, and "dotted quarter - quarter - eight tied with quarter - eighth - quarter - eighth" in the left hand.
Birdo for Smash

Sebastian

Ok thanks :)

Also everyone, check out my In Progress topic on the first page :)
Doing a lot from Banjo Tooie :)

Sebastian

Glitter Gulch Mine NEW!!!
[ZIP]
Fun :)

Oh and Jompa, I applied those changes to "Here We Go Again!"

Jompa

Quote from: mariolegofan on September 13, 2014, 01:27:19 PMGlitter Gulch Mine
When it modulates it is to F, not Bb :)
You were probably thrown off by the all the Eb and the Eb-chords, but they're are just irregularities to the key, not even mixolydian.
The long-lasting Eb-chords may seem to change the key, but (arguably) they don't really (we're always returning to F anyways).
Birdo for Smash

Sebastian

Quote from: Jompa on September 13, 2014, 02:05:14 PMWhen it modulates it is to F, not Bb :)
You were probably thrown off by the all the Eb and the Eb-chords, but they're are just irregularities to the key, not even mixolydian.
The long-lasting Eb-chords may seem to change the key, but (arguably) they don't really (we're always returning to F anyways).
Ok thanks
Yeah those e flats threw me off :p

Sebastian

Terrydactyland NEW!!!
[ZIP]
Fun :)

Interestingly fun :p
I have 2 questions about this one, though: Are my accidentals correct and why are the last 2 lines a little smaller than the rest?

Sebastian