Pokemon Showdown!

Started by FSM-Reapr, November 02, 2012, 08:25:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadoninja

Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 13, 2012, 08:52:28 PMYes, I know. This strategy will become a part of my Priority Roar team.
Just be aware that gimmicks will only work a few times on the same opponents.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Shadoninja on December 13, 2012, 08:58:45 PMJust be aware that gimmicks will only work a few times on the same opponents.
Or only once on a really clever opponent...

On another note, I've fought FOUR opponents this month in the Uber tier that use the "Kyorge - Ferrothorn - Palkia - Giratina" combination. Seriosly people...? V-Create (and Draco Meteor) Rayquaza can handle all those but Kyorge (not combined, of course, especially because the two moves I listed reduce stats).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

lol I'm just doing this for the laughs. It's so funny to see Rattata own someone! xD

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 13, 2012, 09:06:37 PMlol I'm just doing this for the laughs. It's so funny to see Rattata own someone! xD
Ghost-type Pokemon love F.E.A.R. >:D Though I suppose Rough Skin might have a similar effect?

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

I haven't even used F.E.A.R on Rattata.

Also, against a Ghost-type I have my Riolu and if it survives from that, the damage he has lost from Stealth Rocks/Spikes/Toxic Spikes/Leech Seed gives Rattata an easy opportunity to Sucker Punch the ghost and win.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 13, 2012, 09:21:23 PMI haven't even used F.E.A.R on Rattata.

Also, against a Ghost-type I have my Riolu and if it survives from that, the damage he has lost from Stealth Rocks/Spikes/Toxic Spikes/Leech Seed gives Rattata an easy opportunity to Sucker Punch the ghost and win.
You specifically mentioned Rattata; I thought you were referring to the tactic in general: Endeavor, commonly used by Rattata, does not affect Ghost-types.

Otherwise: Gengar, which has Levitate as well, negates Spikes and Toxic Spikes (additionally, Gengar can learn Toxic); using Roar to switch the opponent negates Leech Seed and grants a chance for the opponent to counter with a priority move, if they have one.
In some cases, although I doubt this, the opponent may have a Pokemon with Ingrain (in, as an example, a Smeargle-chain with Abomasnow).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nebbles

I'm getting sick of people quitting in the middle of battle...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Shadoninja

Quote from: Nebbles on December 13, 2012, 10:39:18 PMI'm getting sick of people quitting in the middle of battle...
Me too. There's this coward on PO called Thierry.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Nebbles on December 13, 2012, 10:39:18 PMI'm getting sick of people quitting in the middle of battle...
I haven't really had much trouble with that from my opponents... but my computer often doesn't like it when I go on Pokemon Showdown in the first place... for some reason, it's not exactly computer-friendly. :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 13, 2012, 09:51:25 PMYou specifically mentioned Rattata; I thought you were referring to the tactic in general: Endeavor, commonly used by Rattata, does not affect Ghost-types.
I do know that strategy. I could use it with my Rattata if I wanted to, but I personally think it's a lame strategy. I like creating something original or improve someone's work.

Nebbles

Quote from: Shadoninja on December 13, 2012, 11:38:49 PMMe too. There's this coward on PO called Thierry.

I've had two cases of that: I sent out a Xatu, then Blaziken. Blaziken used Stealth Rock and due to Xatu's Magic Bounce, it bounced back the rocks to their side and I used psychic, nearly KO'ing their Blaziken. Then they quit.

The second one was after I managed to set up Sigilyph with Cosmic Power and abused Roost to heal itself, and after Psycho Shifting a burn from my Flame Orb to their Poochyena (which is when I abused Roost to heal myself), they just quit. I understood I had a garaunteed win, but still, accept your loss in dignity...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Waddle Bro

davy

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: davy on December 21, 2012, 07:40:11 AMBaton Pass Chain didn't really work like it should have...
Hahaha! I should've posted the video of what happened to me... except I had Gorebyss, so I could handle my opponent's Politoed a little better.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Roz~

Rofl so I battled someone using the same strategy Waddle Bro uses with Riolu: Copycat + Roar with hazards. When I countered it he ragequit lolz
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.