Main Menu

Pokemon Showdown!

Started by FSM-Reapr, November 02, 2012, 08:25:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yugi

BlackDragonSlayer

I have a sadistic idea for doubles:
Entry:
Mismagius and Azumarill with Huge Power.

Azumarill uses Protect; Mismagius uses Skill Swap to swap abilities.
Mismagius heals/defends itself until Azumarill faints; Regigigas is sent out, and Mismagius Skill Swaps Huge Power to it.

If all goes well, Regigigas gets to smash everything apart. :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

Slow Heatran + Trick Room Cresselia
Cresselia uses Skill Swap with Heatran and Heatran uses Lava Plume.

You're welcome.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 22, 2013, 05:35:08 AMSlow Heatran + Trick Room Cresselia
Cresselia uses Skill Swap with Heatran and Heatran uses Lava Plume.

You're welcome.
Drain Punch... :P

If you're talking about Regigigas, Drain Punch would give it a great chance to heal itself, if needed.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

^Lava Plume hits Cresselia who absorbs it due to Flash Fire
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 22, 2013, 11:21:43 AM^Lava Plume hits Cresselia who absorbs it due to Flash Fire
But Drain Punch hits Heatran. Since Heatran now has Levitate, you can't use Earthquake against it; the second best thing would be a Fighting-type or Water-type move. Once Heatran is down, THEN you can worry about Cresselia.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

I wasn't trying to say a counter to your team, I simply told you a combo which you should instead of that crappy Regigigas thingy. No offense, but it sucks.

That strategy eliminates the 4x weakness Heatran has. In double battles, especially VGC ones Earthquake VGC is meant to is one of the most used moves. Focus Blast is Heatran's No. 1 enemy. That's why I carry Chople Berry on a VGC Heatran. Surf is common in rain teams, but there isn't too much Pokemon to have Water Absorb in a VGC team. Lava Plume has 30 % chance of burn. Good to have on a VGC Heatran.

VGC in a nutshell: Defeat your opponent in the shortest period of time possible. Don't waste a single turn.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 22, 2013, 12:27:32 PMI wasn't trying to say a counter to your team, I simply told you a combo which you should instead of that crappy Regigigas thingy. No offense, but it sucks.
It gives Regigigas Huge Power, which doubles its already high attack (only Rampardos, Black Kyurem, and Deoxys-A have higher), instead of Slow Start, meaning that it can realize its full potential and beyond. Additionally, if Mismagius survives for another turn (not likely, because it has probably taken a lot of damage), it can Skill Swap it to the opponent and still have a bit more power to attack more.

Alternatively, you could also just Skill Swap Levitate to Regigigas, which merely gets rid of Slow Start (aside from the obvious effect); use Venomoth to give it Tinted Lens; or even use Xatu to give it Magic Bounce.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

Tell you what, later today I'll challenge you into a duel, VGC Doubles, where you can test your Regigigas team and I'll use my regular VGC team.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 22, 2013, 12:41:06 PMTell you what, later today I'll challenge you into a duel, VGC Doubles, where you can test your Regigigas team and I'll use my regular VGC team.
*facepalm*

I don't even have the team yet... I was merely talking about the strategy (I haven't even decided on other supplement Pokemon to switch in after Mismagius/whatever Skill Swapper faints).
And, also, I was talking about Smogon Doubles, since I have never played VGC...

But I suppose, after I have refined my team, and have ample time, I will be willing to fight.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

Smogon Doubles is fine too.

BlackDragonSlayer

Then it is time for me to start planning... after I finish my schoolwork for today... :P

EDIT: Regigigigigigigas SMASH! (WIP)

EDIT: I've currently lost one battle because of Follow Me, and won another battle. Team still needs a little fine-tuning.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 22, 2013, 03:20:12 PMhttp://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/smogondoubles8283608

Testing my quickly made up Follow Me Team.
Close battle; reminds me of the battle I won that ended up with Latios vs. Latios... :P

By "Follow Me Team," do you mean a team that uses Follow Me, or counters it?

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yugi