TWG XLII: Waluigi Time! Postgame

Started by vermilionvermin, November 03, 2012, 07:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vermilionvermin

Waluigi Time

TEAM WOLVES

1. King Boo:  Wolf Shaman.  Has an extra coin.
2. Bowser with a sniper (Master Wolf Sniper): May snipe a person of his choice, who will immediately die in the middle of any phase. Any powers that the sniped person might have used in between the time the PM is sent and I update are void. Suppresses Daisy's power. One-time use. Also seered green.
3. Kamek:  He has 0 coins and may not be revived.  He's also a fun wolf who can do one of two things each night phase.
1.  Direct the power of his choosing to a player of his choosing.  Like "I want Vermilionvermin to use his power on mastergamer_38."  This works for King Boo's seering, Luigi's Seering, Mario's Vigilante, Peach's Guarding, and Waluigi's Vigilante.  He may only use this once on each player.  For example, he may, on a future phase, redirect mastergamer_38's power to Vermilionvermin, but may never redirect Vermilionvermin's power ever again.
2.  Give a random player a bomb.  I will announce at the beginning of the day phase which player has the bomb.  During the day phase, that player may throw the bomb at whatever player they choose.  That player will die.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TEAM HUMANS

4. Luigi:  Seer
5. Mario:  A vigi who loses his power to kill anyone but Waluigi, Daisy, and Donkey Kong after Night 2.  If he tries to kill someone after Night 2 other than those three roles, he will be arrested and burned at the stake.  That means he dies.
6. Peach (Guardian & Coroner): sees Wario and Waluigi as green, only gets lynching death reports.  May not guard herself and may only guard during the night.
7. Daisy: Thinks she's a normal human. Will receive a PM upon death notifying her of her role. May choose to reveal the role of one person after she dies.  May not be revived.
8. Toadsworth:  He gives Wario an extra coin.  Thinks he's a normal human.
9. Yoshi:  Thinks he's a normal human.
10. Baby Mario:  Does not owe Wario any money.  Thinks he's a normal human.
11. Baby Luigi:  Does not owe Wario any money.  Thinks he's a normal human.
12. Toad:  Thinks he's a normal human.
13. Donkey Kong: Thinks he's a normal human. If lynched, will appear to be a normal human.  Has an extra coin.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TEAM WARIO

14. Wario: Third-party role. Wario's a really greedy guy, and everyone owes him money.  He brings people back from the dead in order to steal their money.  During every night phase, he may choose to revive one player.  That player must be dead already. Unless otherwise stated, each person in the game has one coin, and Wario will collect all coins from every player he revives.  Wario wins if he collects three coins' worth of profit.  If he wants, he can find out the number of coins everyone owes him on Night 1.  That information will increase the number of coins he needs to win to 4.   Each person can only give Wario coins once. The game does not end if he wins, but in celebration of his MARVELOUS VICTORY he will kill Mario, Luigi, Peach, or Daisy, chosen at random. On the night Waluigi comes back to life, he may get the coins from the person he revives but they won't come back to life.

TEAM WALUIGI

15. Waluigi:  Third-party role.  His goal is to survive until the final two, and his victory overrides that of the humans or the wolves. He may choose what color he is seered every Night phase. He may be vigi'd, but is immune from wolfings. If he is lynched, he will automatically revive the next night phase and gain a vigi power.  This may only occur once.  Any future lynchings will result in PERMANENT DEATH 4EVER (even if Wario revives him, it will fail).  WALUIGI TIME occurs when everyone but Waluigi and one other person is alive.  Only Waluigi wins during Waluigi time (unless Wario has already won, then both of them can win).  Waluigi can only win with Waluigi time.

1.  the_last_sheikah:  Wario
2.  FSM-Reapr:  Waluigi
3.  Bird:  Yoshi
4.  Gzgregory:  Daisy
5.  Socialfox:  King Boo
6.  BlackDragonSlayer:  Donkey Kong
7.  Shadowkirby:  Baby Luigi
8.  The Boy who Cried Wolf:  Kamek
9.  Mashi:  Toad
10.  Dude:  Mario
11.  Spitllama:  Peach
12.  Blueflower999:  Baby Mario
13.  K-Night:  Bowser with a Sniper
14.  Bubbles7689:  Toadsworth
15.  ETFROXX:  Luigi

Postgame analysis will come later tonight.

Yugi

Bird

What I was going to post before the game thread was locked:

I think the game was balanced even though Wario exclusively revived humans. The humans had to use their first two lynches on FSM anyway, giving the wolves an advantage.

If either of the surviving wolves had exerted any effort at all into appearing human, they would have lasted a lot longer. Instead, they simultaneously gave up. I'm also very impressed with BDS (who nailed his suspicion lists, even though he could have been more forceful with his opinions), and gzgregory (who was quiet, yet extremely logical).

Also, wolves: next time you give up, have the courtesy to do it through a PM to the host. That way he can make a post-game rather than turning the game thread into one.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Yugi

the_last_sheikah

Wow, game's over right after I died?  Well that escalated quickly.
But yeah, I think I did well as wario, but damn I should have revived bubbles so I could have won.  Ah well, retrospect is 20/20.
My views:
Wolves: K-NiGhT, good job, I really didn't suspect you.  Boy, I SO F***ING CALLED IT!!  Social, why did you just give up? you guys could have totally won if you just faded into the background quietly.
Humans: Dude, you did very well as alliance leader under the circumstances of having all specials die within the first few phases.  Bird, Human MVP for while you were alive.  Everyone else, I really didn't pay much attention to you, so good job if you helped, screw you if you didn't.
Waluigi: FSM..........please, learn to shut the hell up.  And stop stalking the WO, it makes the game a lot less fun.
Wario: Self, good choice seeing who has how many coins, allowed you to join the humans and help them "win".  I wanted to try to stay hidden for most of the game, but Dude's suspicion of me forced me to claim.  Glad I was able to do what I could for the humans.  My first plan was meant to be some what short sighted, I would revive the vigi, get a coin, their trust, and we kill the imposter, I couldn't tell anyone the truth because it would reveal my role.  After that, I just went with it, Watched who had 0 coins closely, Boy looked suspect, told Dude, Boy's PM was an easy scapegoat for lynching (Sorry for the hypocracy).  Then I died, and then the game ended, woo.

Overall, good game, as usual it could have gone better, but also could have gone worse.  Time for the next host sing-ups i believe.  Red vs. Blue anyone?
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Yugi

Quote from: the_last_sheikah on November 03, 2012, 08:04:42 PMWow, game's over right after I died?  Well that escalated quickly.
But yeah, I think I did well as wario, but damn I should have revived bubbles so I could have won.  Ah well, retrospect is 20/20.
My views:
Wolves: K-NiGhT, good job, I really didn't suspect you.  Boy, I SO F***ING CALLED IT!!  Social, why did you just give up? you guys could have totally won if you just faded into the background quietly.
Humans: Dude, you did very well as alliance leader under the circumstances of having all specials die within the first few phases.  Bird, Human MVP for while you were alive.  Everyone else, I really didn't pay much attention to you, so good job if you helped, screw you if you didn't.
Waluigi: FSM..........please, learn to shut the hell up.  And stop stalking the WO, it makes the game a lot less fun.
Wario: Self, good choice seeing who has how many coins, allowed you to join the humans and help them "win".  I wanted to try to stay hidden for most of the game, but Dude's suspicion of me forced me to claim.  Glad I was able to do what I could for the humans.  My first plan was meant to be some what short sighted, I would revive the vigi, get a coin, their trust, and we kill the imposter, I couldn't tell anyone the truth because it would reveal my role.  After that, I just went with it, Watched who had 0 coins closely, Boy looked suspect, told Dude, Boy's PM was an easy scapegoat for lynching (Sorry for the hypocracy).  Then I died, and then the game ended, woo.

Overall, good game, as usual it could have gone better, but also could have gone worse.  Time for the next host sing-ups i believe.  Red vs. Blue anyone?
Give them pokemon and It wins instantly.
Also, to answer your question, I was getting tired of that game.

the_last_sheikah

Quote from: SocialFox on November 03, 2012, 08:05:36 PMGive them pokemon and It wins instantly.
Also, to answer your question, I was getting tired of that game.
So fade away, don't just throw your team under the metaphorical bus. Unless k-night was tired of it too, then I guess it was understandable.
What do you mean about the pokemon?
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Yugi

If you feature pokemon in your game it instantly wins as far as I can see.
Like what I did with my mystery game as a joke.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: vermilionvermin on November 03, 2012, 07:16:49 PM1.  the_last_sheikah:  Wario

13.  K-Night:  Bowser with a Sniper

Hehehe. I was right about Sheikah being Wario. And once Boy was revealed as Kamek, I KNEW that k-NiGhT was a wolf, and I was speculating that he was Bowser.

Never would've suspected that ETFROXX was Luigi...

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bubbles

Sheikah you should've revived me :P I was beginning to think that I was one of the players without coins once Dude revealed that Wario everyone's amounts

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on November 03, 2012, 09:02:10 PMSheikah you should've revived me :P I was beginning to think that I was one of the players without coins once Dude revealed that Wario everyone's amounts
I'm also surprised that Sheikah didn't just let me get lynched, then revive me for extra coins.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

ETFROXX

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on November 03, 2012, 08:17:11 PMHehehe. I was right about Sheikah being Wario. And once Boy was revealed as Kamek, I KNEW that k-NiGhT was a wolf, and I was speculating that he was Bowser.

Never would've suspected that ETFROXX was Luigi...

Well I died right away. So I didn't have a chance to do anything. Everyone was like 'Claim!' And 'Dont claim!'

Also I nearly had a heart attack when boy tried claiming Luigi and I couldn't do anything. At first I was like 'Hes claiming Luigi? ...HAY THAT'S ME'

Also question to wolves. Why did you get rid of ME so fast? BECAUSE I'M A GIRL?!?! No srsly why.

Yugi

Quote from: ETFROXX on November 03, 2012, 09:30:34 PMWell I died right away. So I didn't have a chance to do anything. Everyone was like 'Claim!' And 'Dont claim!'

Also I nearly had a heart attack when boy tried claiming Luigi and I couldn't do anything. At first I was like 'Hes claiming Luigi? ...HAY THAT'S ME'

Also question to wolves. Why did you get rid of ME so fast? BECAUSE I'M A GIRL?!?! No srsly why.
It was 15 minutes untill the phase end.

Greg

Well, that went alright. Good game guys. Although the wolves giving up at the end was a bit of a letdown. :/

ETFROXX

...seriously? I died because there was 15 minutes left? :|

That's poop guys. Stinky stinky poop.