News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

Movie Lovers?

Started by Super Zombie, May 01, 2008, 05:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on September 15, 2015, 10:06:30 PMThough I'm not a huge fan of Disney movies getting the "Marvel cinematic" treatment, I can't really complain when the cast is as spectacular as it is.
I can. :/ I think there's no reason to live-actionify The Jungle Book, of all movies.

Christopher Walken, though....that alone may warrant a watch.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BlackDragonSlayer

QuoteBen Kingsley as Bagheera
Idris Elba as Shere Khan
SOLD.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

blueflower999

I saw M. Night Shyamalan's The Visit last night and that man has a mind from some alternate universe I swear
Bulbear! Blueflower999

EFitTrainr

I don't like Major Nope Shammallamadingdong
I like food.

Sebastian

Just watched Inside Out. What a movie.

Dudeman

took you long enough

Anyone get around to The Good Dinosaur? I've heard it's good but not spectacular and I'm seriously considering skipping it.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Sebastian

Quote from: Dudeman on December 21, 2015, 11:02:31 AMtook you long enough
I never go to theaters. I live an hour away from the nearest one :P
I could, but don't have time.

Quote from: Dudeman on December 21, 2015, 11:02:31 AMtook you long enough

Anyone get around to The Good Dinosaur? I've heard it's good but not spectacular and I'm seriously considering skipping it.
I wanna see it so bad. I've seen every Pixar film and they're all good except Brave so I'm sure The Good Dinosaur will be good!

SlowPokemon

I loved Brave. To be honest, I don't really like the Cars films though. I love the others, though, especially Ratatouille (that one is my favorite).
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Sebastian

Ratatouille is awesome. The Incredibles is pretty good as well.

mikey

Incredibles is such a great pixar movie
WHERE
IS
MY
SUPER
SUIT
unmotivated

braix

Ratatouille was great until I had to watch it over a dozen times.
I have to be the one to keep the little kids entertained when people come over. After a while you kind of give up and show Ratatouille anytime some kids come over.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Nana1Popo2

Quote from: Dudeman on September 15, 2015, 10:26:17 PMI can. :/ I think there's no reason to live-actionify The Jungle Book, of all movies.

As far as I know, Disney has been planning on making live-action versions of their classics for a while! They've done Cinderella already, and it was a surprisingly great movie (from what I've heard, I want/need to see it still). Then they have the Beauty and the Beast one coming out, along with The Little Mermaid in the works (for what seems like forever). Then the actual trailers for The Jungle Book and The Legend of Tarzan are out, too. Both look pretty promising! I'm excited! (Coming from the film major who WANTS to make successful live-action films based off of cartoons in the future)
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Onionleaf

I was a bit sceptical at first about the live-action movies idea, but Cinderella was fantastic, you should definitely watch it! Considering everyone already knows the story, the film makers had to surprise and awe the audience by other means, and I do believe they have succeeded. I don't quite know what to think about The Jungle Book just from watching the trailer, so I'll simply have to wait and see. :) (However, nothing will beat the Russian cartoon version that I watched when I was a kid, it follows the original book)

SlowPokemon

I love the Russian version haha. But I'm very excited for the new Disney one too!

Can vouch for the awesomeness of the 2015 Cinderella.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

KefkaticFanatic

Upcoming Alice film looks slick, I should probably watch the prior film tho

me irl
[close]