News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Movie Lovers?

Started by Super Zombie, May 01, 2008, 05:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Not even joking, The Good Dinosaur was my favorite movie I saw in 2015. I cried at it like three times
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Sebastian

I gotta see it then. Honestly, I don't think I've ever cried over a movie; however, it is getting harder not to.

SlowPokemon

For some reason I cry the most at children's movies.

BlackDragonSlayer

I saw 10 Cloverfield Lane. Very good.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

Update: Jungle Book was great, see it if you can

I must say, seeing a gigantic ape stomping around a temple while belting out a vaudeville number in Christopher Walken's voice was maybe the most bizarre and interesting thing I've seen in a movie theater in years

mikey

even more interesting as scarlett Johansson as a not good guy?
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Scarlett Johansson as the snake gave me a boner

BlackDragonSlayer

reposting from elsewhere because lazy

Saw Captain America: Civil War yesterday. I enjoyed it, but I can recognize and understand its flaws (so if you say you didn't like it, I can probably understand why).

Spoiler
+ Black Panther was great (standing there and taking those bullets from the helicopter... FFWWFFMMWMWMFMFMFMW), especially his scene with Zemo toward the end.
+ Spiderman and his interactions with the others.
+ Airport Battle was 10/10.
+ Zemo killing the super-soldiers actually surprised me, and I liked how that scene went from Captain America, Winter Soldier, and Iron Man making peace to work together to Iron Man vs. the other two (I thought it felt at least somewhat genuine, despite how contrived it might have felt to some people).
+ Vision x Wanda OTP (plus both were awesome using their powers!)

o I felt like the film was more cluttered overall than Age of Ultron, but didn't necessarily feel bloated because I thought it was pulled off better (i.e. everything was related and brought together nicely in the end); it definitely felt like Avengers 2.5 (to be fair, that's what happens when you answer the question "Where are all the other superheroes when this stuff happens?).
o Unlike some people/reviewers, I was perfectly fine with accepting the reasons for the split between the Avengers. With the exception of Tony (who was guilt-ridden- the earlier scene in front of the elevator helped to hammer that in; this is something we've seen before, so at least it's consistent), not everyone else on his side seemed entirely gung-ho about the whole thing, but rather, did it out of necessity. This is something that's definitely easy to look too much in to, so it might detract from the film for a lot of people!
o Killing off a first-act villain again? Really?
o Just a little musing, it would have been interesting if they had killed off a major character, like, Iron Man (Cap accidentally go an inch too far, anybody?).

- Zemo was an interesting character and villain, but not really a good or really developed villain; Zemo could have been more prominent throughout the film; it definitely would have made his final speech about the Avengers more impactful (not that it wasn't already). As it was, he felt like more of a background story to the other plot points/events, which isn't really a good thing.
- There could have been a little bit more humor, especially toward the beginning of the film. The humor that was there was great, though!
- That font that they used for location transitions was kind of weird and felt out of place (the only time it worked was for the "QUEENS" transition because SPIDERMAN HYPE). Maybe because it was too large and didn't have borders (not really a fan of abrupt stuff like that unless it works really really well)? Has it appeared in any other Marvel films? I can't remember.
[close]

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Ninour

another film from Marvel Galaxy, anyone watched Doctor Strange?
A little disappointed, I like Avengers, I'm a fan of Benedict but i think Benedict was born to be Sherlock only.

mikey

I liked it but I was ticked that their explanation of Magic was something something dimensional energy
unmotivated

Dudeman

The MCU aims for a ""realistic"" explanation of the powers of its characters. The first to do this was Thor, with the Bifrost and his magic being described as "technology that we don't understand yet". I haven't seen Doctor Strange yet, but I was curious how they'd explain this one. "Dimensional energy" seems like a fine science-babble explanation to me.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

they didn't really explain it though they just said oh yeah dimensional energy it's magic lalala
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

I saw Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them today. I was duped twice by that movie; twice, I say!

Spoiler
First time was because I thought they were going to play it straight and have Credence "defect" to the good guys and become an informant against Graves.

Second time was kind of my own fault; I reverse-spoilered myself because, though I knew he was playing Grindelwald, I had heard that Johnny Depp wasn't going to be in the movie, so I totally wasn't expecting Graves to be Grindelwald. In hindsight, the Deathly Hallows symbol should have given me enough of a hint, though I thought it was merely a fan nod because of how little significance was put to it at first (i.e. it was half-offscreen during its first appearance).

Also, Eddie Redmayne was great. Good movie overall, though I'm fearful how the sequels might turn out.
[close]

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

That movie wasn't very good
unmotivated

EFitTrainr

So how bout that Star Wars?
I like food.