News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Movie Lovers?

Started by Super Zombie, May 01, 2008, 05:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

Just the last ~5min gave me the most satisfaction out of any film since Mad Max Fury Road.

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

Stop agreeing with me we can't do that
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Johnny Depp's cameo was the only good thing about the Fantastic Beasts movie.

Maelstrom

Quote from: shadowkirby on December 17, 2016, 03:14:22 AMSo how bout that Star Wars?
Absolutely superb. Fixed all the problems I had with ep. 7

mikey

so I saw sound of music on TV and I think it was pretty good
1.5 thumbs up
unmotivated

Nebbles

I finally saw Moana, and oh goodness, it was amazing. I loved it.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Zunawe

Quote from: Maelstrom on December 18, 2016, 11:03:12 AMAbsolutely superb. Fixed all the problems I had with ep. 7
Whoa, what? Force Awakens is a much better movie than Rogue One. Fine, it basically borrowed A New Hope's story, but at least there was good character development, and it's a decent story framework to begin with. Rogue One didn't explore anybody's character, and it took forever to build the story to a captivating point. That said, the last half hour was solid when it came to action and overall plot. But I didn't care about a single character, and almost every character basically just fits their role for that plot, however strange their decisions are as a result. When everybody's favorite character coming out of that movie is a literal robot, there might be a problem.

That's being a little harsh on it, because there are definitely really good parts. I really enjoy the concept of the movie. Everything about why it exists is a great idea. I just think they didn't execute it very well.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Zunawe on December 22, 2016, 02:37:44 PMWhen everybody's favorite character coming out of that movie is a literal robot, there might be a problem.
To be fair, I haven't even seen the movie yet and he's already my favorite character!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Maelstrom

Quote from: Zunawe on December 22, 2016, 02:37:44 PMWhoa, what? Force Awakens is a much better movie than Rogue One. Fine, it basically borrowed A New Hope's story, but at least there was good character development, and it's a decent story framework to begin with. Rogue One didn't explore anybody's character, and it took forever to build the story to a captivating point. That said, the last half hour was solid when it came to action and overall plot. But I didn't care about a single character, and almost every character basically just fits their role for that plot, however strange their decisions are as a result. When everybody's favorite character coming out of that movie is a literal robot, there might be a problem.

That's being a little harsh on it, because there are definitely really good parts. I really enjoy the concept of the movie. Everything about why it exists is a great idea. I just think they didn't execute it very well.
I've honestly given up on getting deep characters out of movies as a whole, or even really deep plots. They're just too short for me to become attached to a character. So, yeah, while the characters weren't great, they weren't terrible.
Why did I say it was better than 7? Well, the end of 7 left a really bad taste in my mouth. Everything that happened on Starkiller base felt very rushed, like the movie refused to take it's time at all. The final lightsaber duel came off as forced, and had the ending we knew was coming, but never felt like it earned it's victory at all. Don't even get me started on the whole Luke Skywalker thing at the end. That felt tacked on, rushed and too drawn out, and the worst sequel bait I've seen in a long time.

Rouge One, on the other hand, had a very rushed opening. Up until they reach steampunk gangster, it's all a mush. After that, however, it gets much more satisfying. As forced as those two character's relations may have been, it led very, very well into what was A New Hope. It left me with a much more satisfied feel than 7 ever did. And that's why I liked it much more.

SlowPokemon

^Movies can absolutely have deep and complex characters and plots. The ones that the mainstream audiences go for, not so much. I hate Star Wars. It's gross pandering and not entertaining at all.

mikey

Quote from: Zunawe on December 22, 2016, 02:37:44 PMWhen everybody's favorite character coming out of that movie is a literal robot, there might be a problem.
you mean BB 8
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 22, 2016, 05:38:08 PMI hate Star Wars. It's gross pandering and not entertaining at all.
Even the original trilogy? That seems a bit extreme to say.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

Popping in to be that guy who loves Star Wars but thinks the films are probably its weakest aspect. Also the original trilogy is okay, but not terribly fantastic cinema. Empire Strikes Back is easily the best of the three (no surprise there).
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

KefkaticFanatic

Propose renaming thread "Movie Hipsters"

me irl
[close]