News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Movie Lovers?

Started by Super Zombie, May 01, 2008, 05:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FSM-Reapr

I know that it's easy to find, I just wanted to help by giving you the link. :)

Nebbles

I wanna see Looper, mostly because of my giant fangirl crush on JGL and I heard it was really good.

Also I'm REALLY EXCITED for Wreck It Ralph and Lincoln next month!!
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Can't wait to see Frankenweenie, it's been getting rave reviews and looks like a vintage Tim Burton film :D
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jompa

Quote from: Nebbles on October 06, 2012, 11:05:05 AMI wanna see Looper, mostly because of my giant fangirl crush on JGL and I heard it was really good.
Looper had potential, but the ending really ruined everything. Ok, it really wasn't bad, it's probably just me being angry over the fact that HE STOLE IT FROM COWBOY BEBOP dammit!
Birdo for Smash

EFitTrainr

OMG Wreck-it Ralph is less than a month away
I like food.

SuperFireKirby

Saw 50/50 last night. Had been wanting to see it since I saw previews when it was in theatres. Pretty great movie. Definitely one of the better comedies I've seen in a while.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Frankenweenie was really super awesome, I loved it more than I expected, but I don't recommend you go see it necessarily. It takes a certain mindset to not just go "wtf is this and how is disney releasing it." Yet, this film feels more like Disney than recent Disney releases. Take a look at some scenes from classic Disney movies--the forest scene from Snow White; Maleficent's transformation in Sleeping Beauty; pretty much the entire movie Pinnochio. What do they have in common? They're scary. Scarier than you would probably think. This film taps into that. And rather than Burton's recent style of "let's make this freak show look really pretty, but have a meh plot and not give a crap about continuity," this is a film with an actual story that keeps it together the whole way through(!), conveyed through that odd-yet-undeniably-charming stopmotion medium.

I think the characters were a huge part of this movie's success. Young Victor Frankenstein is a bit of a loner, but like Edward Scissorhands he's comparably normal when juxtaposed with the bizarre people surrounding him. And yet it's hard not to get into the gleefully weird spirit with characters such as "Weird Girl," a shriveled up girl with ridiculously big round eyes and a cat to match, or "Edgar E'Gore," a hunchback with perpetually bent arms and freakishly long slender fingers (voiced with surprising energy by The Middle's Atticus Shaffer).

On the surface, it's essentially a childrens' horror film. But on a deeper level, it's classic Disney--the story of a boy and his (nevertheless undead) dog. It's weird, but it's also a lot of fun.

Sebastian

oh that movie is the stupidest movie ever! :P :-X

SlowPokemon

My brother hated it as well :P

wariopiano

anything with ghosts and or zombies is totaly mindless to watch. ::)

Yugi

You are a horrible Alt.

But getting away from that, I heard on the Grapevine that there is going to be an Alchymist Movie.

Nebbles

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on October 09, 2012, 07:01:10 AMSaw 50/50 last night. Had been wanting to see it since I saw previews when it was in theatres. Pretty great movie. Definitely one of the better comedies I've seen in a while.

oh god I loved 50/50 so much
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Quote from: wariopiano on October 10, 2012, 04:42:21 PManything with ghosts and or zombies is totaly mindless to watch. ::)

Uhm, no. Just no. That opinion is more than a bit moronic. Just because a movie has ghosts or zombies does not make it mindless.

SuperFireKirby

rolly eyes often indicates sarcasm ::)

So Argo looks pretty freaking fantastic. Unlike my usual thoughts of whats in theatres, there just seems to currently be an onslaught of fantastic looking movies out right now and in the near future. Argo, The Master, 7 Psychopaths, Skyfall, Looper, Trouble With the Curve, Frankenweinie(and Pitch Perfect actually looks pretty decent as well).

I might actually find myself going to a movie theatre.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

wariopiano

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 10, 2012, 06:06:28 PMUhm, no. Just no. That opinion is more than a bit moronic. Just because a movie has ghosts or zombies does not make it mindless.

okay, i dont usually watch movies with that cause im a dedicated christian.