News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

Movie Lovers?

Started by Super Zombie, May 01, 2008, 05:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: fabbemannen on December 30, 2010, 02:56:03 AMRIP Leslie Nielsen
I was so sad the day he passed away. The genre of comedy died with him.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 30, 2010, 07:25:54 AMFinally got a copy of Spirited Away on DVD, and picked up Ponyo as well.

What's Ponyo like? Is it good?

SlowPokemon

While it's certainly not Miyazaki's best film, and doesn't have an amazing storyline, it's fantastically animated, with some parts that will definitely make you  raise your eyebrows and say, "Oooh, that's cool..."

It introduces some very strange ideas, and is not completely "fully-fleshed-out", but definitely worth at least renting.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Maretocks

Ponyo was great. One of his weirdest, I think. ^_^

Oh, the subtitles I had were hilarious. "That strange agricultural chemicals man is following us!"
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

fabbemannen

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 30, 2010, 07:25:54 AMFinally got a copy of Spirited Away on DVD, and picked up Ponyo as well. Now my Miyazaki collection is almost complete--I just need Porco rosso and Princess Mononoke. XD
The only I have common with sa and ponyo is that I can play "Always with me" and the ponyo theme on piano =D

SlowPokemon

My Spirited Away sheet music:

That I can play--One Summer's Day, Sootballs, Reprise, The Sixth Station

Cannot play/have not attempted--The Return, Yubaba, Always With Me

If anyone wants any, just pm me. Sootballs is especially fun ;)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Winter

Quote from: Maretocks on December 30, 2010, 05:38:24 PM"That strange agricultural chemicals man is following us!"

That is freaking awesome.

Maretocks

Don't get me wrong, I loved the horrible, horrible Engrish present, but it was amusing as it was a pest. XD
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

SuperFireKirby

*Mini Bump*

OMG has anyone else seen The Sunset Limited? Best movie of the year in my opinion. It's getting played a ton on HBO, you should watch it. IT'S SO GOOD

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Winter

Nope. But I got Netflix on my Wii.

Exciting.

SuperFireKirby

Yay, got Inglorious Basterds saved to my DVR so I can watch it anytime now. I love my new DVR.

Winter

DrP

Theres so much win in that movie!

SuperFireKirby

Its just as good the second time. The best movie I saw in theatres last year. ALMOST usurps Pulp Fiction as the best Tarantino movie. almost

Super Zombie

Why do people that don't watch American children's movies watch anime children's movies?