omg the frog thing is soo cute <3
d'awwwwwww

Kman96

*Post for Notifications*

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS.
Party Hard!
[close]

Cobraroll

This belongs is in the Nintendo subforum. Could a mod move it? Right where it belongs!

I'm very excited about this too. Speculations go high about the typings of the starters, or at least their fully evolved forms. The most common theory goes:

Chespin: Grass/Dark
Fennekin: Fire/Psychic
Froakie: Water/Fight

This would make it so that all the fully evolved starters can hit super-effectively both ways in the triangle. Grass/Fire/Water-type starters would never change for certain reasons, but there is hope that the more advanced types the games have to offer could be implemented in their fully evolved forms.

Also, yay to the new graphics style. Cel-shading appears to be the way to go for Pokémon. The Pokémon aren't designed for high-resolution textures and realistic looks. It might look nice with the environments, but I doubt we'll ever see a game where fur is rendered realistically, reptiles are leathery or scaly and Ice-types actually look frozen. At most, we'll get the graphics of WindWaker, and I'll actually be happy with that.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

spitllama

I am most excited for a new type. It could really shake the metagame!

Also I really wasn't planning on getting a 3DS -_- Hrmm
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Yugi

Quote from: luk
Quote from: C_Mill24Fire/Fighting again. That's my prediction.
plot twist: all of 3 of them end up being fire/fighting

Quote from: Light YagamiWhat is wrong with that Grass Starter.

Assorted quotes from another forum that wasn't just flaming pokemon. I am Light Yagami.

blueflower999

What makes people think that we get a new type? I mean, it's not like there's 5 new ones every gen.  :P
Bulbear! Blueflower999

BlackDragonSlayer

Froakie, unless its evolution looks like this:

Ok, I'd be fine with a Nimmo-Pokemon, even if it is too much like Neopets. :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

spitllama

Blueflower, the only reason I said that is because there was an assumption on the General Pokemon thread that a new type was to come (which was discussed before they released info on Gen 6).
Submissions Page

Music44

Hmmmm... know to get one of the games when they come out,
or to wait for Pokemon Z... hmmm...

Though on the other hand they might not have a 3rd version like White and Black...

Waddle Bro

I'm going to choose Chespin as my starter and name him Chespinben :3

Yugi

I would choose Fennikin. Purely because he's a fox.

Kman96

Posting this here for any discussion:
Quote from: Kman96guys, if you look at the logos of the games, it's clear:

The red dragon is Y

and the Blue deer thing is X.

The proof is in the pudding. At the edges of the Y are claw-like things that resemble those of the dragon, and the X's top edges resemble that of the deer's antlers.

Also, REVELATION!

If you watch the video again, closely, I notices two things. One, Pikachu is standing on the Eiffel tower in France when it makes the announcement/transmission thing. Why France? Another related factor to that is that in the shot with the boy player character running(or is he??), you see a tower similar to the Eiffel tower, and it wasn't until then that I noticed that the architecture slightly resembled that of France. Perhaps the new region is based on Europe or something this time? That'd be cool beans.

Another thing. In the aforementioned shot of the boy "running," didn't it look like his legs were moving a little too slow to be running as fast as it showed him moving? Perhaps there's gonna be some kind of rollerskates or something that we get to use like(instead of?) running shoes.

Those are my observations. Discuss.
Party Hard!
[close]

SlowPokemon

Can't wait to get Pokemon X. Also I really hope the Grass has cool evolutions. I voted for it based on that.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

spitllama

I also noticed the roller-skating motion Kman. Perhaps we have a new alternative to the bike!
Submissions Page