News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Started by Jub3r7, January 08, 2013, 07:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pokemon super mystery dungeon

Yes, absolutely!
6 (54.5%)
i guess so
1 (9.1%)
NO, HOW DARE HE?
3 (27.3%)
?? ?? ?? ??
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

DonValentino

Ahh, I simply love the new camera angle. Oh, and of course getting Chespin! I love that little Grassgopher! lol

Kman96

Quote from: Clanker37 on January 09, 2013, 07:55:23 AM:o Those look like the hardest Pokemon names to pronounce ever.
actually, not really.

Xerneas is pronounced ZUR-nee-US
Yveltal is pronounced ee-VELL-tall

See? Boom. Simple.
Party Hard!
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Cobraroll on January 09, 2013, 06:32:08 AMThe names of the two legendaries have been revealed by Nintendo:

X-Deer is Xerneas, Y-Bird is Yveltal.

If anything, it would be easy to spot the version mascot of the third game: Just look out for a legendary whose name begins with Z.
Zelliontul :P

Seriously, though, Xerneas seems like a really cool name. Even Yveltal.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nebbles

Damn do I love those names.

They sound all mysterious too, which adds to the "hey, we're legendary pokemon!" appeal.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

garlicbananas

I too love the names.  Much better than Keldeo.

Xernias master race btw.

And google wants to correct Xernias to Hernias, so there's that.
Please check out my arrangement! http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=4222.0

Bubbles

Quote from: Kman96 on January 09, 2013, 08:06:03 AMactually, not really.

Xerneas is pronounced ZUR-nee-US
Yveltal is pronounced ee-VELL-tall

See? Boom. Simple.

Is that official though? I feel like they never pronounce their names like you'd expect them to. I dont care what they say, I still say NOO-mehl and not Numb-mehl.

Xerneas seems more masculine than Yvetal, so Im goign to get these confused :/

spitllama

Yes that is how to pronounce them.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on January 09, 2013, 01:45:40 PMIs that official though? I feel like they never pronounce their names like you'd expect them to. I dont care what they say, I still say NOO-mehl and not Numb-mehl.

Xerneas seems more masculine than Yvetal, so Im goign to get these confused :/

It is official. Nintendo released an official pronunciation. Also, yeah it's NUM-ehl not NOOM-ehl as it is classified as the Numb Pokemon...just saying.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bubbles

blueflower999

Sort of like how the official pronounciation is "Ray-Kway-Za", but I've always said "Rye-Kwa-Za"
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

^same here...also I think you mean "pronunciation?"

Anyhow, I think Fennekin might become the first Fire- and Psychic-type Pokemon. Or maybe not. We need that combination though.

Bubbles

Now that I think about it, I kinda use both. Same with DIE-all-guh and DEE-all-guh

Slow what about Victini?

SlowPokemon

I knew I forgot about one! :P Well first one that you can obtain without an event maybe. First common one.

blueflower999

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 09, 2013, 02:07:39 PM^same here...also I think you mean "pronunciation?"

Anyhow, I think Fennekin might become the first Fire- and Psychic-type Pokemon. Or maybe not. We need that combination though.

Lol, stupid spell-check. I often just click the first choice, and even if my word is off by like one letter or something, it's still something totally different. But yeah. Thanks.
Bulbear! Blueflower999