[3DS] Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure - "Rhythm Thief Theme"

Started by Beta, January 12, 2013, 12:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beta

This was a lesser-known 3DS game, but it has a great soundtrack!  If anyone is willing to arrange this, that would be great!

FireArrow

Someone do this D:

I tried to arrange it, and utterly failed, so now I'm really curious how it actually goes.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Beta

*Bump*

Even if you aren't going to arrange it, at least listen to the song ;D  It's catchy!

Beta

Since no one seemed to want to arrange this, I took a stab at it.  It was my first arrangement, so it's not great (not to mention that I couldn't seem to get a coda sign no matter how hard I tried.)  FireArrow seemed to show some interest in it, so I thought I might as well upload it.
http://www.mediafire.com/?r7gd58a7cen32vb

FireArrow

You did a REALLY good job! I have a hard time believing that is your first arrangement!

The only problems I can see is that the L.H. seems to be missing some harmonies. I'll take a better look at it when I  have time, but I doubt I'll be able to do anything - you did a much better job then I did (I only got the first 4 measures.)

Beta

Yeah...I had some issues with that left hand sometimes, especially when I got closer to the end >:(  Arranging by ear is much MUCH harder than I thought, but I'm glad you liked it!  (And if you have any suggestions...feel free to leave 'em!)

FireArrow

Haha, I hear you there.
This may help as you don't have proper rhythm groupings. The only obvious mistake I found was that the Ab in the 2nd measure needs to be a G# (same note, your just spelling a different chord) and the D needs to be an E. I'll see if I can figure out some of the missing voices, but you'll probably need someone more talented then me.

Oh, and I recently got Finale Printmusic so I'll be able to add in that coda for you (it's 2011 though, so I'll have to reinput (made up word) all those notes.)

Beta

Wowee kazowie.  Dem rules I wasn't aware of :o  And I think I made up the rule where you could only have just flats or just sharps in the song...all these music theory things I need to learn sometime.  I've never taken a theory class, so this is helping a lot!

Would you?  Could you?  Thank you!  It feels weird just typing "Sengo" and "Coda" whenever I needed said symbols.  And if you find things you need to add or change, go right ahead!  Teamwork!  (But don't forget to add your name on the arranger line  ;D)

FireArrow

Quote from: Beta on March 12, 2013, 04:31:20 PMWowee kazowie.  Dem rules I wasn't aware of :o  And I think I made up the rule where you could only have just flats or just sharps in the song...all these music theory things I need to learn sometime.  I've never taken a theory class, so this is helping a lot!

Would you?  Could you?  Thank you!  It feels weird just typing "Sengo" and "Coda" whenever I needed said symbols.  And if you find things you need to add or change, go right ahead!  Teamwork!  (But don't forget to add your name on the arranger line  ;D)

I still don't know all the rules... I need to go look up when to use diatonic or chromatic half steps since there's a lot in this song. I'll get started on it, hopefully I'll be done over the weekend.

FireArrow

Sorry for the delay:  [MUS]

What I did:

Fixed some accidentals (still unsure about some.)
Cut the tempo and note duration in half.
Fixed Rhythm Groupings (I think.)  ::)
Made the repeats and coda system work
Added some voices earlier on (I didn't have to time or ability to figure out voices later on.)

Feel free to change anything you don't like.

P.S.
Don't move this to fulfilled requests, I still don't feel beta and I's (err - grammar help?) arrangement does justice to this song.

Beta

Quote from: FireArrow on March 24, 2013, 07:51:09 PMSorry for the delay:  [MUS]

What I did:

Fixed some accidentals (still unsure about some.)
Cut the tempo and note duration in half.
Fixed Rhythm Groupings (I think.)  ::)
Made the repeats and coda system work
Added some voices earlier on (I didn't have to time or ability to figure out voices later on.)

Feel free to change anything you don't like.

This.  This is much better than anything I could come up with :P  It sounds much fuller (except that one part, but it's not very full in the original either.  I couldn't figure them out either ::))

QuoteP.S.
Don't move this to fulfilled requests, I still don't feel beta and I's (err - grammar help?) arrangement does justice to this song.

Also agreeing with this.  It can only get better from here!

Bubbles

Quote from: FireArrow on March 24, 2013, 07:51:09 PMP.S.
Don't move this to fulfilled requests, I still don't feel beta's and my arrangement does justice to this song.
;) help received

or you could've just put "our" :P

FireArrow

Bubbles

Nah, idk if thats even right XD I usually just take out the second word (beta's arrangement, my arrangement) but theres a bunch of exceptions so it doesnt always work