News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

The NSM Advice Column

Started by K-NiGhT, January 15, 2013, 07:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Entertaining as it may be, calling her awesome doesn't solve her problem. She feels like she can't come out to her peers and family because of her conservative environment and general disdain associated with this, and needs to find a way to releve the pressure.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Toby

I think telling A friend is the best. I personally wouldn't tell my parents things first, mine go on and on with questions, unless you have parents that will listen to something you have to say and ask minimum questions if any, go ahead!

Waddle Bro

Time for me to be serious for once.
Quote from: The Boy Who Cried Wolf on January 16, 2013, 11:20:36 AMI think telling A friend is the best. I personally wouldn't tell my parents things first, mine go on and on with questions, unless you have parents that will listen to something you have to say and ask minimum questions if any, go ahead!
I disagree with you. Parents are the ones you should always be able to tell things, in any place and anytime. In your case, they ask questions because they're worried about you. You should be glad to have parents that care about you! Parents are people who shouldn't judge you for anything you have or have not done.

Toby

Well actually they ask questions because my older brother done everything wrong so they just presume I'll be an idiot like him even though we are complete opposite with everything but our sexuality.

Waddle Bro

Quote from: The Boy Who Cried Wolf on January 16, 2013, 11:39:35 AMWell actually they ask questions because my older brother done everything wrong so they just presume I'll be an idiot like him even though we are complete opposite with everything but our sexuality.
First of all, how dare you speak about your brother like that? Have some manors. And that fully supports my point of your parents caring about you.

Toby

Brothers been in jail a few times, he remains an idiot.

Bubbles

Waddle Bro

Quote from: The Boy Who Cried Wolf on January 16, 2013, 11:46:12 AMBrothers been in jail a few times, he remains an idiot.
*'s
That's even more reason why you should be nice to your brother! If you show him your support that he change his ways, maybe he will! Otherwise he'll most likely stay the same, thinking that no one believes that he could change. If no one believes in you, what makes you believe that you could change if no one believes in you?! Pessimism doesn't help anything.

Toby

My parents don't believe in me, that's why they don't trust me and constantly ask questions. Dad's the worst, he tries to check things on my phone and laptop and ughh

Bubbles

Waddle Bro

You should talk to them about that instead of ranting about them to us.

Toby

I can't talk to them because they will constantly ask questions and ugh. Anyway this is the advice column and you stirred things away from ETF when she has asked for help.

Waddle Bro

Ya but you're clearly in need of some advice, it's wrong that you don't get the privacy a teenager needs!

Parents are the ones you should always be able to talk to, no matter what.

Toby

MaestroUGC

Boy, I've gone through much of the same thing you are going through right now. My Eldest sister was a high school droop out, had two kids that are now in my parents custody, been arrested a few times, and is now disappeared from the face of the Earth. My next eldest sister came out to us as bisexual, almost failed out of high school, and failed out of college. She's grown up now, got her own place, is back in school, and is generally a good person.

So yeah, my parents, moreover my Dad, were naturally worried that I'd be "Number 3" in the trend. I've yet to make those mistakes yet, or ones of a similar magnitude, but they're trying to keep me in the right direction. SO they ask questions, try to convy to me that they care.

I guess you should try to get over the natural teen angst "leave me alone, Dad" stuff and try to see that your parents are just concerned. The more you shut them out, the worse it'll be, trust me. Start talking with them. And honestly, if you haven't broken any laws or things of the like, you shouldn't be worried about your parents asking questions.

Let's face it, if you came out to your parents, they'd probably ask questions. "When did you know?" "Do you like someone?" "I was wondering what you were doing with Billy that one day."
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.