News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

My sheet: May someone create Finale-File from MuseScore file?

Started by Shy Guy, January 12, 2013, 09:38:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shy Guy

Here is an arrangement of mine, made with MuseScore (.mscz-file): [cancelled], .xml-file: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?dopm9wcte4bu6lg
Music: "Cannonball" from Pilotwings 64.

I don't have any Finale program, so I ask for someone who can create the MUS file and upload it to dropbox (I'm not gonna make an account there for just one sheet). I would really appreciate it :)

If you want to listen to my arrangement (MIDI): http://www.mediafire.com/?n133s3s5xr9w50x
I'm not sure whether the chords are correct, but I think it sounds good :)

TheZeldaPianist275

Ooh, someone who is in the same boat as I am!  I arrange with MuseScore too.  What I do is download Finale NotePad.  It's free, and while it doesn't have the full capabilities of Finale, you can still make an MUS file out of it by transferring the .xml file.  Voila, your files are now up to date.  As for Dropbox, I would strongly recommend making an account yourself (not hard at all, and you have room for any other songs you choose to transcribe) but if you absolutely have a reason why you don't want to, I don't think I would have a problem uploading your song to my Dropbox.  Please consider getting your own account first though.

On one final note, if you hope to get your sheet on the site, please refer to these guidelines.  Nice arrangement btw.

Shy Guy

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on January 12, 2013, 02:34:48 PMOoh, someone who is in the same boat as I am!  I arrange with MuseScore too.  What I do is download Finale NotePad.  It's free, and while it doesn't have the full capabilities of Finale, you can still make an MUS file out of it by transferring the .xml file.  Voila, your files are now up to date.  As for Dropbox, I would strongly recommend making an account yourself (not hard at all, and you have room for any other songs you choose to transcribe) but if you absolutely have a reason why you don't want to, I don't think I would have a problem uploading your song to my Dropbox.  Please consider getting your own account first though.

On one final note, if you hope to get your sheet on the site, please refer to these guidelines.  Nice arrangement btw.
Finale NotePad is again 100 MB more space on my hardware, and I don't have very much space here :/ and I'm not going to uninstall MuseScore (which is also around 100 MB, I think), as the features of Finale NotePad seems limited... and I'm not gonna tell them my personal data such as my private address :(

If Finale can't open MuseScore's file, here's the XML: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?dopm9wcte4bu6lg

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Shy Guy

Dudeman

If you download Finale NotePad 2012, you can open it.
If you're running out of hard drive space, you can also uninstall Finale Reader 2011, since most of the arrangers are using NotePad 2012 now.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Shy Guy

Quote from: Dudeman on January 13, 2013, 12:22:00 PMIf you download Finale NotePad 2012, you can open it.
If you're running out of hard drive space, you can also uninstall Finale Reader 2011, since most of the arrangers are using NotePad 2012 now.
I only found 2011 and just replaced my 2010 xD

Shy Guy

The PDF version must also be uploaded to Dropbox... I was going to make an aacount myself, now, but... do I need to install some software to upload something to Dropbox?  :o

PDF version on MediaFire

Dudeman

Yeah, DropBox is a program and requires installation (unless there's a workaround that I'm unaware of...)

Shy Guy

Quote from: Dudeman on January 14, 2013, 10:47:05 AMYeah, DropBox is a program and requires installation (unless there's a workaround that I'm unaware of...)
Okay, sorry, registering a new account is one thing, but installing software just for a small upload... sorry, maybe I should leave it be, propably there are hardly people interested in exactly that sheet music anyway :/

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Dudeman

Shy Guy

To upload them. I was going to upload the PDF and MIDI files I can create myself to Dropbox, as it seems that this board accepts just only that platform :(