News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

Hardest/Easiest Songs on the site.

Started by Yugi, January 22, 2013, 04:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on January 22, 2013, 08:32:46 PM...by "actual piano," I meant every piano, when compared to the midi... :P
Heh, sorry. My purist nature spilling out again. To me, there's nothing like a vibrating string or reed. (Metaphor implying that I prefer acoustic instruments over artificial any day)
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Yugi

I'LL BE ABLE TO PLAY BREAK THE TARGETS SOMEDAY.

SOMEDAY and here's a normal sentence so I don't break any rules.

MaestroUGC

Oh, was my stuff too difficult?

My bad.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Ricky

@About the digital and acoustic piano discussion. Firstly, every piano is acoustic by definition. Digital pianos are digital though and uprights and grands are mechanical. Ofc the (wrong) convention is to split the pianos into digital and acoustic. Secondly, good grands are superior to both digital pianos and uprights, good uprights are superior to bad grands (the small ones) and digital pianos are superior to uprights and are quickly improving. No point in purchasing an upright. It's way better to get a good digital and once you reach a high level of playing go for a concert grand (ofc a concert grand costs crazy amount of money).

SlowPokemon

No, an upright piano is infinitely better to start on than a digital one.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

JDMEK5

I'm lucky enough that I get to practice on my teacher's grand when preparing for an upcoming competition.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

SlowPokemon

Twice a year I perform on a Steinway grand piano. Best moments of my life.

Well really incredible anyway.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 23, 2013, 09:52:55 AMTwice a year I perform on a Steinway grand piano. Best moments of my life.

Well really incredible anyway.
That must be amazing; the only time I've ever played on a Steinway was in a piano store. :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Shadoninja on January 23, 2013, 11:56:25 AMYou are all way off-topic.
We were talking about what makes a song easier or harder, and that branched off into types of pianos...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

JDMEK5

Oh yeah. But, I fail to see the purpose of this topic...

My Arrangements

Cobraroll

Going back to the original topic (derailing it like this is actually a rather rude thing to do), I'd like to give Break the Targets from SSBM another mention. It goes ridiculously fast.

Pokémon R/B/Y Gym Leader Battle is also a contender for the top spot. Have fun playing those sixteenth notes. At 170 BPM. With your left hand.

Also in the Pokémon section, we've got GreekGeek's arrangement of "Approaching Champion Cynthia". Triplets at 202 BPM... not fun.

As for "Easiest arrangements on site", I'd like to nominate my own two. You'll find them in the Mario section.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

JDMEK5

Quote from: Cobraroll on January 23, 2013, 02:27:38 PMGoing back to the original topic (derailing it like this is actually a rather rude thing to do),
Sorry. It just sorta veered away... It wasn't my intention.

My Arrangements