News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

What are you listening to right now?

Started by Ricky, January 30, 2013, 09:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

Quote from: Yug_Guy on June 12, 2015, 01:20:31 PMTry beating this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeyiQ7HOMmw
^Actually that's common 7th grade piano technique. Stuff I've already mastered actually. Not as difficult as it looks.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Yug_Guy on June 12, 2015, 01:20:31 PMTry beating this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeyiQ7HOMmw

That guy has some good tremolo technique, but as JDMEK5 said it isn't the hardest technique, at least not on one note only, make sure to switch fingers like 14321432 etc., that's the key.

A lot of piano composer such as Liszt, Alkan, Chopin etc. used it in their compositions and here's an example of the technique being used in a much more difficult piece:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUlgsDD3iDw

As you can see by the fingering, you alter between fingers to make it a smooth movement for your hand.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I'm learning this now, hopefully will be done in about two and half weeks ish.
what is shitpost

InsigTurtle

Ooh, that looks pretty nice.
I might give that a shot, too. Not sure if I'll get the feel, though.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: InsigTurtle on June 18, 2015, 04:14:23 PMOoh, that looks pretty nice.
I might give that a shot, too. Not sure if I'll get the feel, though.
Contest for who can learn it first?
what is shitpost

Dudeman

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Just a friendly competition, lol, I have little interest in piano duels (most of the time).
Though I have a couple interesting stories of teaching people about why their pop piano skills are not on par with classical training  ;D That was fun
what is shitpost

InsigTurtle

Just browsing through it, it looks like I'd need to touch up on my weaker finger trills :P
I'm not sure if I can learn it in less than 2 weeks, since I'm doing a couple of courses during the summer.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: InsigTurtle on June 18, 2015, 06:04:16 PMJust browsing through it, it looks like I'd need to touch up on my weaker finger trills :P
I'm not sure if I can learn it in less than 2 weeks, since I'm doing a couple of courses during the summer.
Wouldn't really be fair, either, as I actually have read through it at least a dozen times (and listened to it at least thrice that) so it won't be all that hard for me.
If you're using a good fingering you should be able to avoid having to use weak finger trills for this one. Which spots do you mean? I actually don't remember any such passages in the nocturne...
what is shitpost

InsigTurtle

Around 2:23 and the such. Although I guess I don't have to follow that suggested fingering in the video.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

That fingering is crap. 4-3 makes no sense there, you could just as easily do 1-3 (the best possible fingering for basically any trill, especially black to white).
what is shitpost

Yug_Guy

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost

Jompa

Birdo for Smash