News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

What are you listening to right now?

Started by Ricky, January 30, 2013, 09:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dekkadeci

All the jokes I've made about VGM themes that merely sound like Bach's "Little" Fugue in G Minor, and I can't believe they've actually made a full boss theme remix of it:

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

swimswamit

David Bowie, specifically the Low album. Really great stuff.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: swimswamit on September 23, 2017, 04:19:36 PMDavid Bowie, specifically the Low album. Really great stuff.
I've been listening to Low a couple times lately as well. It's my least favorite of the Berlin Trilogy, but it's still an interesting, good, and very unique album in its sound and vision tone. I hope the 2017 remastering will give the album the revitalization it needs.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dude

Why does this silly meme game have such great music?!?

Sebastian

mikey

unmotivated

Dude

Dekkadeci

I've been using my laptop more often lately, and this is the test song I've been using for it:

Good volume contrast, fine sound quality, and I like this piece. Not quite in my Top 5 Concert Band Music, but might make it into Top 10 for me. I remember listening to another band playing this live.

3:03-3:10's one of the best parts of this piece, IMO. I keep imagining protagonists escaping from other characters when listening to it.

BlackDragonSlayer

This is one of the best covers of a song which I consider to be "uncoverable" (the song was made by and for Croce, and anybody who tries to imitate that will always fall short, like someone trying to wear a suit tailored for someone of a completely different size. Seriously, I haven't heard any good ones aside from this one, especially among those listed on Wikipedia; special props... err, dishonorable mention, I should say... to the absolutely awful Frank Sinatra version which gets every single part of the song wrong). The piano playing is good, even (or rather, especially) where it deviates from the original, and the vocals, while obviously nowhere near on part with the original, are very earnest and genuine to the intent of the song and the cover performer's perception of the song. I can't remember if I've posted this before or not, but regardless, I think it's worth bringing it up again.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dekkadeci

I was browsing Musescore when I bumped into a piano transcription of this enthralling piece:

Gosh, why does a YouTube version of this have to be so hard to find....

Tobbeh99

There's no better country than The Charlie Daniels Band!

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Trainer Ave

It took a long time but I can finally say I've given a pop album a 10/10. FINALLY WE HAVE A POP SINGER WORTH LISTENING TO It's Poppy
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Maelstrom