News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

EarthBound/Mother Discussion!

Started by blueflower999, February 10, 2013, 01:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonValentino

Ok, will do. I was going to take it back anyways, after defeating the 2nd guardian. :)

blueflower999

Today is the 24th anniversary of the Mother series.

Also, EarthBound was featured in the Boston Herald today.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: blueflower999 on July 27, 2013, 11:07:17 AMAlso, EarthBound was featured in the Boston Herald today.

THAT is awesome.

DonValentino

Onett Times!
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073047417453/14866558073053591004

Now I wonder why they did this... I mean, what kind of announcement can they make regarding Earthbound, a game released lots of years ago?

I want to believe that this community also extends to the franchise in general, which means that BIG things are coming, and that finally ALL Mother games will be available WORLDWIDE. But knowing Nintendo like I know, I'm not holding my breath...

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Vallu

I bought Earthbound from the WiiU eShop because I have heard so much good things about this game. I'm in the second dungeon right now and I love the game so far. The battling system is pretty new to me since I'm used to have some kind of animations for attacks in RPG games but I like it. I love the Twoson music. It was stuck in my head for about 8 hours after hearing it for the first time. Haven't got the time to play this for a while but I'm sure I will finish this awesome game someday. :)

blueflower999

Twoson has amazing music.

Also, be SURE that you paralyze the 2nd Sanctuary boss.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

Bump. I've been playing this on my Wii U.

[6:07:46 PM] Jordan K: Aww, I lost.
[6:07:50 PM] Blueflower999: To what?
[6:08:15 PM] Jordan K: Oh, A Spinning Robo and Lil' UFO. I was low on health and had a cold.
[6:08:23 PM] Blueflower999: Healing Alpha
[6:08:34 PM] Jordan K: thx
[6:08:40 PM] Blueflower999: XD
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FierceDeity

Were you in Peaceful Rest Valley? Because that was always one of the more annoying difficulty spikes, for me.

...Fucking trees, man. Although I guess they did make me appreciate the genius of the rolling health counter.

SlowPokemon

YES. Like Jesus it took me about five times just to get to Happy Happy Village and then the boss there is weaker than the trees xD

FierceDeity

Haha yeah, the difficulty is spread a little bit unevenly, but oh well. It doesn't end up requiring too much standalone grinding, which is good.

SlowPokemon

Blueflower told me that the valley is the hardest part of the game, so that's comforting xD I mean, I love this game but it's quite frustrating, especially when I've done so much grinding and still can't get past a place easily.

FierceDeity

I'd say that's pretty accurate; it was always the most obnoxious for me. There are a few other points in the game that seemed particularly difficult (which I won't name for the sake of spoilers), but they're a lot more manageable.

As far as grinding goes, the dungeons themselves definitely have a lot of it already, but if you want easy exp, once you beat a dungeon and everything is running away from you, you can just run up behind them and kill them instantly for the most part, and just keep doing that for a couple minutes. It's really effective for the second dungeon, in particular.

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

blueflower999

Mother 1 is coming to the Wii U eShop under the new title "EarthBound Beginnings." Fans have been calling it EarthBound Zero for years but I guess this is its official title now!

I'm trying really hard to contain my excitement but SCREW IT WE'RE GETTING ANOTHER MOTHER GAME GUYS
Bulbear! Blueflower999