News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

EarthBound/Mother Discussion!

Started by blueflower999, February 10, 2013, 01:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

This can only lead to an Earthbound 2 announcement at the digitial event. Hopefully. Maybe. Pretty please? they even mentioned it last year come on nintendo
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

Smash makes earthbound seem vaguely interesting but everything else makes it seem kinda ishy
unmotivated

Olimar12345

This is amazing. Will download this ASAP
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on June 14, 2015, 07:44:27 PMSmash makes earthbound seem vaguely interesting but everything else makes it seem kinda ishy

It's very similar to Pokemon so if you like Pokemon there's a good chance you'll like the EarthBound series.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

I went and bought Earthbound: Beginnings. I still can't believe this happened.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Olimar12345

^Right? Now I can stop eBay-hunting a custom cart! d:

Let's hope Mother 3 comes here also! I've always wanted to actually play these games finally lol.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Nebbles

I actually think we might get Mother 3 now. I'm not hopeless anymore.

FierceDeity

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 14, 2015, 08:53:16 PMIt's very similar to Pokemon so if you like Pokemon there's a good chance you'll like the EarthBound series.

Well, the combat is kinda similar. Overall the gameplay is less complex, but it's the world around you and the character interactions that are the most appealing to me. the mr. saturns are just so silly I can't get over it

DonValentino

Quote from: Nebbles on June 14, 2015, 09:33:50 PMI actually think we might get Mother 3 now. I'm not hopeless anymore.

I insist on this:

Quote from: SolarYoshi"Oh Great another Mario game!!"
Mario Maker announced.
"GIVE US STARFOX!"
New Starfox game
"Come on Reggie, give us Mother 3!"
...?

Makes even more sense now that Earthbound Beginnings is finally released. Lucas just arrived as DLC, now this... It's a strange timing don't you think?

Oh and here's a message from Mr. Itoi:

Nebbles

I think it's a very possible thing. We just need to wait until tomorrow, man.

Maelstrom

Should I finish Earthbound, or play this first?

KefkaticFanatic

I've read Earthbound is just a better title and works fine standalone, but only in vague research.

me irl
[close]

blueflower999

As far as NES RPGs go EarthBound Beginnings is certainly up there, but it hasn't aged well compared to the later two games and you don't need it to play EarthBound because the story is only vaguely connected.

Also Itoi talking about his death is really sad, I love that man
Bulbear! Blueflower999

K-NiGhT

I'm extremely excited for the possibility of Mother 3 finally coming to the West. The release of Earthbound Beginnings only further cements the hope in fans of the series.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Maelstrom

Quote from: K-NiGhT on June 18, 2015, 08:08:09 AMI'm extremely excited for the possibility of Mother 3 finally coming to the West. The release of Earthbound Beginnings only further cements the hope in fans of the series.
I was expecting this to be their big announcement Tuesday.
Nope.