TWG XLVIII: 72 Hours Remaining After-The-Moon-Hit-The-Ground Game

Started by FSM-Reapr, February 16, 2013, 11:36:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Boy: "I'm bored. Oh, I know! How about I ruin the game for everyone else who is playing? Yeah, go me!"

in a nutshell

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 16, 2013, 12:23:31 PMThis was fun, I like being on a team of one.
Yeah, it's really a rather grand experience.
I always seem to get suspicious of people I chat with, though...

Liggy did have the Zora Mask Night 1, but neither he nor I seered because we thought the phase was longer. :-X I'm not sure who we would've seered, though, because we DIDN'T TALK ABOUT IT. :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on February 16, 2013, 12:25:14 PMBoy: "I'm bored. Oh, I know! How about I ruin the game for everyone else who is playing? Yeah, go me!"

in a nutshell

Sorry! I actually thought you were a wolf.

Thiannon

Looks like the game went quite well. I'm looking forward to reading FSM's analysis. I thought Liggy looked very human until the last phase.

Re: Toby, actively subverting your team's attempts to win is grounds for a game ban in my opinion. That's long been the case on LLF, anyway. I didn't follow what actually happened in this game, though, so I can't comment on it specfically.
We can't let morality stop progress! - mnrogar

Bubbles

Toby

That's what they like to call me.

Basically I had a sort of eye on Bubbles for putting a vote on Yugi when I found him 0% suspicious. I decided to chance the vig.

Edit: I'll accept a game ban, it was dumb and uncalled for.

vermilionvermin

I don't know the circumstances surrounding the vigi, but I don't think it's a bad idea to vigi a suspicion, but with an alliance leader, you probably should have told him your suspicions and had him tell you who he thinks you should vigi.  I was under the impression that TBWCW was vigi'd for supporting that awful Day 1 lynch and Bubbles was wolfed for being really human based on the false (apparently real) Tatl claim she made.

Depending on what TBWCW knew before the vigi and what his thought process was, a game ban might be in order.  If he just made the vigi because he thought Bubbles was suspicious, I don't think that's worthy of a ban.  Obviously, he should have gone to the alliance leader first, but we can't just ban people for bad human play.  Now, if he vigi'd Bubbles because he thought she was a human, that's a different story and if that's the case he should receive a game ban.  Based on what I'm reading now, he made the vigi because he thought she was suspicious, and doesn't deserve a game ban unless there's evidence to the contrary.

I thought Liggy played really well and he was one of the most human players in my eyes, though I might have lynched him over TZP for the last sentence of this post, which rubbed me the wrong way.  Following him would have been davy/spitllama for that plan he had on day 1, Bubbles for her Tatl claim, and TZP for this one post on day 1 where it seemed like he was trying to come up with a plan to help the humans.

Players I thought were wolfy were Yugi for this post, which is eerily similar to the reaction I had when I wolfed the best player on LLF on Night one.  That and he didn't seem as active this game as he did in previous ones.

I suspected Blueflower was the sniper wolf up until Jub said he had that mask which stopped the sniper.

TBWCW I thought was probably a wolf because of his support of the Winter lynch, which was based on a safety, a "please don't lynch me" vote, and his.  When there wasn't a consensus on Day 1, I thought it was likely that the wolves were in the majority of the votes.

Maestro I thought was a wolf because the first two wolfings (which I assumed were me and Bubbles) seemed like they came from an experienced player who would have realized that taking back my Tingle claim doesn't mean I'm not Tingle, and for realizing that, and realizing that Bubbles seemed really human.

Bubbles, why were you confident that Jub was a human?  If he were a wolf, which I think was more likely than him being a human, the humans would have been in deep trouble.

Bubbles

I actually wasnt confident in Jub being human until long after I was dead XD I was a little confused by what he was trying to do, because I had no idea what he wanted the real Tatl to do when he falseclaimed. After that, I didnt really send him many pms that werent slightly accusing of being not a human (not many that I can remember, anyway), but he continually kept me updated on everything that happened

Yugi

Quote from: The Boy Who Cried Wolf on February 16, 2013, 11:54:16 AMhumans played pretty awful.
You vigi'd a special, and are saying that the other humans are to blame for our loss.

That seems only mildly hypocritical. I could only go on when nobody else was on.

Toby

Quote from: Yugi on February 16, 2013, 01:04:36 PMYou vigi'd a special, and are saying that the other humans are to blame for our loss.

That seems only mildly hypocritical. I could only go on when nobody else was on.

Sorry.

FSM-Reapr

blueflower999

The vigi generally isn't a power that you want to use every night phase. Heck, it's not always a bad thing if a Vigi  doesn't use his or her power the entire game! It's only good if you're 99% certain that someone is a wolf.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

the_last_sheikah

WOOOOOO VICTORY!!!!

In all seriousness, this was an interesting game and I enjoyed it.
I tryed to stay quiet towards the beginning, but when BDS seered Maestro orange, I had to become more involved to push the lynch.  Yeah, I sniped Spit when I saw he wanted me seered.  I figured it would be easier to say I was framed than explain why I was red.  I then wolfed Blue because if Maestro was telling the truth(and he was), he would likely have the zora mask, had to eliminate all evidence.  After that it was just a matter of a wolf rush and that's that.

Good game everyone, except Boy, that was just dumb beyond belief.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Yugi

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on February 16, 2013, 12:16:12 PMThere were some exceptions...
I guess I am an exception?

And again, sorry for my inactivity. I was on when everyone else was off.

I guess I should sneak into the school libary more often?

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on February 16, 2013, 12:27:32 PMYeah, it's really a rather grand experience.
I really fucked up my chance when I was a third-party character. ;_; I've been hoping to redeem myself ever since.