News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Ace Attorney

Started by GaryOak, February 18, 2013, 12:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

I thought the film was wonderful. It was a great representation of the wacky tone of the game, though the humor is still very Japanese so I can imagine it takes some getting used to. IDK what you'd have liked to be done differently. If they played it like a straight film and didn't exaggerate everything to be ridiculous it wouldn't be Ace Attorney anymore. It is considered one of the best films based on a video game actually.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Kman96

Okay, I'll give you that, but CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT THE BLUE BADGER IS DOING IN THIS SCENE??!

Please. Just. Somebody....
Party Hard!
[close]

Yugi

hes stopping the verdict

SlowPokemon

It's just supposed to be a random funny thing haha. I don't think it really means anything.

Kman96

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 08, 2015, 06:27:55 PMIt's just supposed to be a random funny thing haha. I don't think it really means anything.
I would be okay with this if Von karma didn't refer to the blue badger as "the arrested" (possibly bad translating?) and then after gumshoe comes in, the suit falls to the floor AND NO ONE IS INSIDE THE SUIT. That makes it the MOST IMPORTANT part of the movie to me.

Okay, but all other criticisms aside, my biggest beef with it is that I thought it was too long, and the music direction (or lack of it) was awful.
Party Hard!
[close]

blueflower999

The unnecessary changes to the DL-6 Incident were the most annoying to me. Overall the movie wasn't a terrible adaptation but it lacked the personality and character that the series has. It felt sort of bland and boring.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Kman96

Quote from: blueflower999 on January 08, 2015, 06:43:33 PMThe unnecessary changes to the DL-6 Incident were the most annoying to me. Overall the movie wasn't a terrible adaptation but it lacked the personality and character that the series has. It felt sort of bland and boring.
I wholeheartedly agree with this review. That blue badger scene has just thrown me into a confused rage.
Party Hard!
[close]

blueflower999

Quote from: Kman96 on January 08, 2015, 06:47:07 PMI wholeheartedly agree with this review. That blue badger scene has just thrown me into a confused rage.
Honestly I'm happy that he appeared in some fashion but I'd much rather have him just dancing in the background or something. Preferably with Gumshoe trying to imitate it.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

I think you guys sort of missed something about the movie. That's fine though.

Also Blue you didn't even finish it lol

Echo

I thought the movie was aight, it just emphasised more drama over comedy (although it's still really campy). Some parts were disappointing (Redd White's portrayal, not enough time to really develop characters like Maya, etc.), but at the very least I liked how it elaborated more on Yanni Yogi's side of the story.

SlowPokemon

I loved that they put 2-4 in the credits bc that's my fav case basically. Also random how they put Von Karma's arrest to a sad version of Apollo's theme.

Farewell, My Turnabout
IF YOU PRESENT PEARL'S PROFILE TO LOTTA IN THIS CASE SHE SAYS "AH YEAH I THOUGHT YOU WERE THE MURDERER IN THAT OTHER CASE"

PEARL IS STANDING RIGHT THERE AND IS ALSO NINE YEARS OLD??? WTF LOTTA???
[close]

Shadoninja

[Redacted]
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Maelstrom

WAT. THE S NO LONGER BREAKS THE LINK.
Spoiler
Watch it with captions
[close]

Maelstrom

What's the best way to play Investigations 2?

SlowPokemon

Blue's your guy. He can hook you up I'm sure.