News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Ace Attorney

Started by GaryOak, February 18, 2013, 12:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

That was too long and we both know it
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Altissimo

surprisingly i disagree, i actually think trimming the fat made the logic jumps harder to follow for non-AA veterans (part of the fun of AA is figuring it out yourself before Phoenix has to tell you but here it just seems like Phoenix spouts bizarre logic and it turns out to be correct), but i can also see where you're coming from!

K-NiGhT

I watched a bit of the anime.

I thought it was pretty alright and faithful to the game. The finger stuff was a little silly sometimes tho lol. I guess they had to make some of those reactions make sense somehow.

Spoiler
also they didn't have von karma slam his head against the wall a lot and i'm really sad about that
[close]
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Altissimo

Quote from: K-NiGhT on June 29, 2016, 01:51:10 PM
Spoiler
also they didn't have von karma slam his head against the wall a lot and i'm really sad about that
[close]

YOU'RE RIGHT......... aw man

Altissimo

its not a double post if its been like 2 weeks since my last post

anyway, ace attorney anime just did a thing. if u havent watched episode 13 i still strongly recommend you do so. anyway, on the anime's newest ep. imma put this in a spoiler but mostly for those of you who havent played the GAME rather than havent seen the anime

Reunion and Turnabout/2-2
they actually changed a contradiction believe it or not!!!! in the anime we were treated to a fully animated sequence of Maya going into the Channeling Chamber for the channeling ritual, which of course gives them the license to change it up a little. Not only was Maya wearing a new outfit (though everything changes around that; like it's that new outfit which is shown in the picture of "Maya" with the pistol, and that outfit that is presented as evidence, etc), but there was like a whole solid ritual going on. And in it, Maya wore some sort of gold crown-headdress-thing. And the picture of "Maya" with the pistol didn't have it. And Phoenix used that as his proof that something fishy was going on rather than the "the costume submitted to the court has a bullet hole and this one doesn't" contradiction, even though the costume submitted to the court had the bullet hole and Phoenix pointed it out with the same "this was not from point-blank" argument.

honestly this case confuses the fuck out of me despite having played it a million times (main question: are we meant to believe the bullet went through the folding screen, the box, and... maya's sleeve?? while she was in the box???? without hitting HER??????) so i'm a little glad they went with that instead tbh even though it doesn't actually remove my question. it was especially funny because after phoenix pointed it out, franziska said "Well how do you know it didn't just fall off during the tussle?" and PEARL raises an objection that no, that thing fits really tightly, it's impossible for it to fall off. you go pearl. fuck i'm glad they decided to have her do that.
[close]

Altissimo

>its not a double post if its been like 2 weeks since my last post

Today, August 3rd 2016, is Phoenix Wright's first case as a defense attorney!

SlowPokemon

Haha I've had this alarm set in my phone for a year and a half

Also the dates of all the other cases from the trilogy

Can't wait to play this in real time

Onionleaf

I've only recently started playing these series,will try to go in chronological order. I like the gameplay so far, although find the Court Room scenes more interesting than the investigations.

Oh year, those dates made me realise how 2016 used to seem like so far away in the future. Jeez, before you know it, 2030 will only be around the corner. O.o

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Onionleaf on August 07, 2016, 04:23:14 AMI've only recently started playing these series,will try to go in chronological order. I like the gameplay so far, although find the Court Room scenes more interesting than the investigations.

Oh year, those dates made me realise how 2016 used to seem like so far away in the future. Jeez, before you know it, 2030 will only be around the corner. O.o

I recommend playing them in release order, but honestly as long as you play the trilogy first and in order it doesn't matter that much

Hero of Trains

Yay! I'd also recommend release order, just because there are a bunch of flashbacks in all of them so chronological order doesn't work so well. And yeah, investigating can sometimes be hard to figure out what to do next (was that english?), except in Investigations.
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

Onionleaf

Ah okay, is the list of games on the Wiki according to release order? I think it will take me long enough just to get through the first three games for now, but a recommended order list would be most helpful sooner or later. ^^ Are the spin-off series interesting to play as well?

SlowPokemon

Release order (games that are numbered are considered the "main series" and you should do them in order whatever else you play between them).

1. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
2. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice For All
3. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations
4. Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth 2 (not out in America, you'll have to emulate and it's absolutely worth it)
Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
5. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies
6. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice (due for release in September)

The Edgeworth games are amazing, particularly the second one, and they're so tied to the main series that they don't even qualify as a spinoff. I don't recommend skipping them. But if you play the main series games before you play those, there won't be any major problems. Same goes for the maybe-canon Professor Layton crossover, which is an incredible game but which I don't recommend playing until you've beaten at least the first three Ace Attorney games (and the first two Professor Layton games).

Basically, play the first three games first, and then you can do the following in any order you want. You won't miss out on anything either way:
1. The rest of the main series: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney / Dual Destinies / Spirit of Justice
2. The Edgeworth games (recommend doing these back to back)
3. Professor Layton game

Damn, sorry I got so long here, but the timeline of games is tricky.

Altissimo

edgeworth 2 is a masterpiece can confirm, its my favorite in the whole series

Onionleaf

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 09, 2016, 05:02:30 AMDamn, sorry I got so long here, but the timeline of games is tricky.

No no, thanks for taking the time to explain it all! I've only finished the first game so far - I'm excited to see what the rest of them are like!

SlowPokemon

OMG did you like episode 5?