News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Errors regarding the Main Site (Spelling, 404's, Track Titles, etc...)

Started by Winter, February 28, 2013, 07:56:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on November 16, 2015, 10:39:56 AMY I did not only change URL but also formatting and other wrong information, as I've written in thread and as you see if you look at the sheets.
I think what Latios was saying was that the quality of some of the arrangements themselves are not up to par with NSM standards. Your formatting and URL fixes are nice, but it would be kind of pointless to update those things if the arrangement itself isn't accurate and needs a replacement. I can't check the sheets atm, but basically I think that this:

Quote from: Latios212 on November 16, 2015, 10:33:22 AMCan you point me to which of these sheets, if any, are up to our current standards? Alternatively, if you've done some major formatting fixes (so they don't look like trash anymore) those should go up as well I guess.

means to find any of the sheets you have fixed up that meet NSM standards both aesthetically and notationally.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Tobbeh99

You're definitely right in that. The are only 2 things it helps. The first being to fix a already completely notated sheet by fixing aesthetics. The second being that it improves badly notated sheets with aesthetics. It sure does help a bit I guess, but the sheet might still be bad so it's not that much valuable point, especially more popular sheets that might get replaced more sooner.

I'll leave it for the updaters if they feel like it. I'll have my thread remaining with the files if any updater wants to uploaded them. But if not then I'm fine with it, not too much of a problem. :) 
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Tobbeh99

I was looking at some Tetris songs and started wondering: Shouldn't the the game now labeled "Tetris" be called something like "Tetris (GB)"?? Because the Gameboy version seems to have different music than the NES version but, I think, they share the same name.

NES: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEOQ0YA_1DWmQANkjJMkH8cVOSpyHrFmU

Gameboy: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKkxnBwFOJGIu3XSOHYW4r9dFyaoC9zNW
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

mikey

I'm still actually wondering when the zelda games will stop taking "the" into account when alphabetizing
unmotivated

jegilmer

Under the New Rally-X game (Under the "More..." category), in the "Music from New Rally-X" arrangement there are some unnecessary accidentals. It occurs in m. 9 where the repeated D#'s are.

Link to PDF:
http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/download/pdf/2675

InsigTurtle

This was my bad. In my "Poliwrath River" submission, I accidentally credited Yasuhiro Kawagoe and Noriko Murakami using Japanese name order. Needs a switcheroo.

Sebastian

This is actually an error I noticed on the forum.
When someone is viewing the Forum Rules, it says "Unknown Action" under "Who's Online".
Maybe it could be changed to "Viewing the Forum Rules"?

Latios212

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on December 01, 2015, 04:33:09 PMI was looking at some Tetris songs and started wondering: Shouldn't the the game now labeled "Tetris" be called something like "Tetris (GB)"?? Because the Gameboy version seems to have different music than the NES version but, I think, they share the same name.

NES: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEOQ0YA_1DWmQANkjJMkH8cVOSpyHrFmU

Gameboy: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKkxnBwFOJGIu3XSOHYW4r9dFyaoC9zNW
Which arrangements are from which game?

Quote from: jegilmer on December 03, 2015, 01:42:46 PMUnder the New Rally-X game (Under the "More..." category), in the "Music from New Rally-X" arrangement there are some unnecessary accidentals. It occurs in m. 9 where the repeated D#'s are.

Link to PDF:
http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/download/pdf/2675
Quote from: InsigTurtle on December 06, 2015, 08:32:49 AMThis was my bad. In my "Poliwrath River" submission, I accidentally credited Yasuhiro Kawagoe and Noriko Murakami using Japanese name order. Needs a switcheroo.
Fixed.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mikey

unmotivated

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Latios212 on December 09, 2015, 01:14:32 PMWhich arrangements are from which game?

All we have on the site under the title "Tetris" are from the GBC game. The "Game over" sheet is called "High Score" in the playlist (doesn't really matter much that the name might be incorrect, because the sheet is so bad and needs a replacement)

If you look at the sheets and listen you'll see that it's from the GBC version. And that the NES soundtrack is different.

Also speaking of Tetris sheets. The section Tetris: The Soviet Mind Game:

Game name: Really not sure about it, but this is how the Tetris wiki spells is "Tetяis: The Soviet Mind Game" (http://tetris.wikia.com/wiki/Tetris_(NES,_Tengen))

Troïka arrangement: I think that it should be called "Troika" with an i rather than an ï. That seems to be the most common spelling of the word.

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on December 09, 2015, 01:46:31 PMAll we have on the site under the title "Tetris" are from the GBC game.
You're right. We'll change the release date and system info. Since we don't have any of the NES music, though, and the game's name is simply "Tetris" we'll keep the section as is.
-As a side note, I'll probably replace one or more of them since you drew my attention to how bad they are xD

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on December 09, 2015, 01:46:31 PMAlso speaking of Tetris sheets. The section Tetris: The Soviet Mind Game:

Game name: Really not sure about it, but this is how the Tetris wiki spells is "Tetяis: The Soviet Mind Game" (http://tetris.wikia.com/wiki/Tetris_(NES,_Tengen))

Troïka arrangement: I think that it should be called "Troika" with an i rather than an ï. That seems to be the most common spelling of the word.
How necessary do you think these are?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Latios212 on December 09, 2015, 06:37:47 PMYou're right. We'll change the release date and system info. Since we don't have any of the NES music, though, and the game's name is simply "Tetris" we'll keep the section as is.
-As a side note, I'll probably replace one or more of them since you drew my attention to how bad they are

I think it's necessary clarifying the game because they have a completely different soundtrack so they are basically different games. And it makes it more clear that the ones on site are from Tetris (GBC).
Also sooner or later somebody might arrange a song from Tetris (NES), so we might just do it now.

As for Tetris: the Soviet Mind Game. it's a minor thing honestly, only if we want it to be completely correct.

10/10 tobbeh

Winter

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 09, 2015, 01:26:14 PMis there a way to fix the zelda section

Yeah if you're talking about how it's organized in the list of series by T from "The", I've changed it now so it's organized under Z

MaestroUGC

Uh, shouldn't it be under "L", since the series is properly called The Legend of Zelda? That's how alphabetizing works.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.