Errors regarding the Main Site (Spelling, 404's, Track Titles, etc...)

Started by Winter, February 28, 2013, 07:56:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JDMEK5

Don't ask how I found this but it seems the PDF for "Undersea Base" from Double Dragon II isn't working.

EDIT: Tried loading the MUS into finale but it wouldn't take it; as if the file was corrupted or something. Not sure what the deal here is exactly.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

BrainyLucario

Hey my Arranger name has a space in it on my Fortnite Default Dance Sheet
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Radiak488417

Wasn't sure whether to post this here or in Sheet Music Errors, but according to this interview with Tomoya Tomita he actually didn't arrange any of the tracks for the final world of Kirby's Epic Yarn, as the game wasn't originally planned to be a Kirby game. According to him, all the music in the final world was arranged by the sound team at HAL, which consists of Jun Ishikawa, Hirokazu Ando, and Tadashi Ikegami. Additionally, based on the piano writing, I'm almost 100% sure that Hirokazu Ando arranged the Meta Knight battle theme and the Halberd theme, as well as the Dream Land map theme and the Butter Building theme. Not sure about Gourmet Race or Yin-Yarn's Theme, but I can pretty much say for sure that the other ones I listed are arranged by Ando. At the very least the composer/arranger text for all the World 7 sheets should probably be changed to list the HAL sound team (Ishikawa, Ando, Ikegami).

Latios212

This topic is for issues with the look and functionality of the main site - this is regarding sheets themselves, so it should be the other topic :P

Anyway, which tracks exactly are you referring to? Does it include World 7 in addition to all the Dream Land remixes?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Radiak488417

Ah sorry, I asked in Discord and someone linked me here. As for your question, yes, as far as I can tell every song from Epic Yarn that is a remix of an existing Kirby song was arranged by the HAL sound team, since Tomita was already finished with the OST by the time the game became a Kirby title. So for the sheets we have on site, that would be World 7 ~ Dream Land, Gourmet Race, Butter Building, Vs. Meta Knight, and Halberd. It's pretty clear to me that Ando did all of those except for Gourmet Race, but I totally get if you don't want to list a specific arranger since there's no actual crediting.

Radiak488417

Actually, the Halberd theme is confirmed to be by Ando through the Planet Robobot sound test, forgot about that.

Whoppybones

The "Sacred Duet" in The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks is written for 2 pianos but does not include (2 pianos) in the title.

Latios212

Quote from: Radiak488417 on March 27, 2020, 01:09:57 AMAh sorry, I asked in Discord and someone linked me here. As for your question, yes, as far as I can tell every song from Epic Yarn that is a remix of an existing Kirby song was arranged by the HAL sound team, since Tomita was already finished with the OST by the time the game became a Kirby title. So for the sheets we have on site, that would be World 7 ~ Dream Land, Gourmet Race, Butter Building, Vs. Meta Knight, and Halberd. It's pretty clear to me that Ando did all of those except for Gourmet Race, but I totally get if you don't want to list a specific arranger since there's no actual crediting.
Quote from: Radiak488417 on March 27, 2020, 07:27:31 PMActually, the Halberd theme is confirmed to be by Ando through the Planet Robobot sound test, forgot about that.
Thanks for the info. I'll ping Deku, E. Gadd, Zeila, and MSF to confirm and let them to provide updated files if they want. Else I'll update the files in a couple days with the three composers if there are no objections.

Quote from: squarrels on March 30, 2020, 11:46:16 AMThe "Sacred Duet" in The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks is written for 2 pianos but does not include (2 pianos) in the title.
Gotcha, fixed that on the main site. Thanks!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeila

Quote from: Radiak488417 on March 27, 2020, 01:09:57 AMAh sorry, I asked in Discord and someone linked me here. As for your question, yes, as far as I can tell every song from Epic Yarn that is a remix of an existing Kirby song was arranged by the HAL sound team, since Tomita was already finished with the OST by the time the game became a Kirby title. So for the sheets we have on site, that would be World 7 ~ Dream Land, Gourmet Race, Butter Building, Vs. Meta Knight, and Halberd. It's pretty clear to me that Ando did all of those except for Gourmet Race, but I totally get if you don't want to list a specific arranger since there's no actual crediting.
Sorry about that... and thanks for pointing it out! I updated both of my sheets, although since I use Finale v26 the articulations are probably messed up again

Halberd | Vs. Meta Knight

Whoppybones

I don't know if it's just me, but the scaling for the ENTIRE main website has been off today. Titles are 5* as tall as they need to be...

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: squarrels on April 01, 2020, 04:03:12 PMI don't know if it's just me, but the scaling for the ENTIRE main website has been off today. Titles are 5* as tall as they need to be...
https://www.ninsheetmusic.org/forum/index.php?topic=11187.msg417491#msg417491

Coronavirus has been pushing everyone to desperate measures.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Latios212

Social distancing! Currently we don't have any reports of any virus-infected sheets, but if that does occur then it could spread like wildfire.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Anyway...

Quote from: Zeila on March 31, 2020, 02:30:19 PMSorry about that... and thanks for pointing it out! I updated both of my sheets, although since I use Finale v26 the articulations are probably messed up again

Halberd | Vs. Meta Knight
Thanks! Updated those files and the other ones as well.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle